• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What do you think of Dick Grayson as Batman?

BlazeDragon

Civilian
Reaction score
Frankly I don't like him at all Batman. I never found him interesting and he always got on my nerves as Nightwing and Robin. I always wanted to see something horrible happen to him like what The Joker did with Jason Todd

So I just wanted to know how other people feel about this

I'm liking his run as Batman. He was the natural successor to the cowl and it's working well. At first he was finding his way, now he's gotten comfortable. I love what he's done in Batman & Robin, particularly issue 12.

Grayson has been a pretty good Batman sofar imo. He's different from Bruce, but that's exactly how it should be.

I like Dick Grayson as a character so his turn as Batman has been fun to follow. Don't get me wrong, Bruce is my favorite but the story with Dick and Damien has been interesting.

I like Grayson as Batman now and Damien as Robin is cool
the Batman and Robin #12 had a killer revealing at the end...to cool
and I agree nobody is a better Batman than Bruce, but its cool to see how Dick handles the new badguys.

I haven't been keeping to date on the current Bat-books but how has Dick Grayson as Batman changed any different than the whole Prodigal arc in the 90's?

I think in Prodigal he was reluctant. He wasn't on speaking terms with Bruce, specially after the whole Jason Todd thing. He was still mad at Bruce about picking Jean Paul for one and he was also trying to get out from under his shadow.

Now Dick is more accepting and with his relationship with Tim, Barbara etc, I think he feels this is more a family and keeping Bruce Wayne's legacy rather than something he "has" to do as a duty to Bruce.

I think in Prodigal he felt like he still had to do what Bruce told him, and be the Batman Bruce expects. With this run he is in charge and he does what he thinks is best.

I haven't been this interested in Batman in years. I've enjoyed all of Morrisons run, but he has really hit his stride in Batman and Robin. The relationship developing between Dick and Damien has been great. Bruce is great, he's Batman, but I could read Dick as Batman for awhile longer. As long as they have interesting stories for him that distinguish him from Bruce, I don't really care if Bruce returns to the role or stays out of the picture for the time being.

I haven't been this interested in Batman in years. I've enjoyed all of Morrisons run, but he has really hit his stride in Batman and Robin. The relationship developing between Dick and Damien has been great. Bruce is great, he's Batman, but I could read Dick as Batman for awhile longer. As long as they have interesting stories for him that distinguish him from Bruce, I don't really care if Bruce returns to the role or stays out of the picture for the time being.

I definitely agree with the relationship between Dick and Damian. In the first few issues of Batman and Robin Damian was still acting like a real snot nosed brat. He was disobeying Dick and showing him no respect. As the issues have gone on Damian has really grown to respect Dick and, as we've seen in the recent issues, Damian has finally found where his allegiance lies now.

Dick as Batman has definitely been a change of pace. I really have never been sucked into the Batman world like I have been since the beginning of Morrison's run on the Batman title. I've enjoyed Dick so much as Batman I'm not as pumped as I was about Bruce Wayne returning. It will be nice to see Bruce back but the writers have been doing an excellent job with having Dick in the Batman costume.

I hope that when Bruce "returns" that he doesn't take up the cape and cowl right away and lets Dick continue the work he's been doing.

I hope that when Bruce "returns" that he doesn't take up the cape and cowl right away and lets Dick continue the work he's been doing.

Hell no I dont read much Comic Books anyways but if they keep him as Batman after Bruce returns I am definitely quitting he aint good enough to be Batman

If you really wanted a change then take a break or something

Has Gordon noticed the change in Batman? as for height isn't Dick Grayson 5'11" or is he still imploying the same trick of wearing lifts in his boots?

Hell no I dont read much Comic Books anyways but if they keep him as Batman after Bruce returns I am definitely quitting he aint good enough to be Batman

If you really wanted a change then take a break or something

Heh. Well, if that's what happens quit the book. That's what is great about the freedom of choice. :cwink:

They dealt with the size difference early on in Batman and Robin.

Frankly I don't like him at all Batman. I never found him interesting and he always got on my nerves as Nightwing and Robin. I always wanted to see something horrible happen to him like what The Joker did with Jason Todd

So I just wanted to know how other people feel about this
You sound just like Didio! :csad:

I personally love Dick as Batman and would like him to continue for a few more years before Bruce takes back the cowl. And its not just him, its Damian as Robin, the flying batmobile, the crazy new villains, the less grimdark tone of B&R, etc. I love it all!

Dick is a great Batman to boot. He is a different kind of Batman, his own, and that's the beauty of replacing Bruce. I remember reading a fan analysis explaining that Bruce's power is his preparation. Dick is an acrobat Batman, a batman who doesnt really prepare, but uses his circus skills to jump over any incoming obstacle. Plus Dick is one of the most loved characters of DC, who wouldnt like seeing him claim his birthright?

If Didio really hates DICK, well Didio is a flaming pile of garbage. I cannot stand what the man has done to DC or what has happened to many beloved characters in the DCU under him.

I really had no opinion on the man until I heard about him wanting to kill off Dick. As for Dick as Batman:

4kkme.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"