• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What do you want if there's a Fantastic Four reboot?

You know if they did a third, they would need a new director, and maybe screenwriter, and have the movie be rated R. They shoud go very dark for a third film. But I'd say keep the cast just cuz every one is used to them and if you pick a new cast you may lose a good portion of fan base. Now I'm not saying that the cast they have now is totally great, what I'm saying is that the cast is good, and they have good chemistry together. I also think that if they do a third it should not be a remake. A remake might just kill the franchise.

I'd say the current franchise is already dead

In other news...

I personally would not be satisfied with anything less than a full page-one-reboot. New cast, new director, and a real script. I could even see a new take on the origin working (I haven’t figured out how to make it work yet, but I believe it can be done.)

My choice for director: STEPHEN SOMMERS. I don’t know how GIJOE is going to turn out, and I’m willing to forgive him for Van Helsing, but look at the Mummy movies. Fast-paced, barrels of humor, and a truckload of SFX. As far as experience goes, what more could you ask for?

Back to the origin, the main difference that can be used is removing Doom from the origin story completely. He wouldn’t even appear in the first movie until the very end (Batman-Begins-Joker-Epilogue-style, yeah!).

Anyway, the first four movies would look like this:
Part 1: THE FANTASTIC FOUR
Part 2: FANTASTIC FOUR: DOOMSDAY
Part 3: *FANTASTIC FOUR: INHUMAN
*Film 3 is kind of the wild card here. I could easily see Namor, the Negative Zone, or even the Skrulls at this point. I’d go with the Inhumans (and the Frightful Four) basically because we get more action figures. At least, that’s what I’d tell the studio. I also think it’s a great story with some cool action and everything you could hope for.
Part 4: FANTASTIC FOUR: GALACTIC STORM
Then we bring in Silver Surfer and Galactus. The pipe-dream for me is to have a Galactus movie that crosses over with the X-Men and the Avengers. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Thinking about FF:ROTSS again, and Tim Story’s insistence on the scary GalactaCloud, I realized something. The studios went with Silver Surfer because he’s a great character with a large following and potential for a spin-off. However, by having him in the second film instead of, say, the 4th film, they painted themselves into a corner when they had to show Galactus as well, when the franchise was at a point where a really big dude who eats planets just wouldn’t work onscreen.

BUT if they had saved Galactus for later, with each successive film escalating the series to a higher level of crazy-awesomeness, by the time Galactus made his appearance in film 4 or 5, the big dude who eats planets would not be as far fetched as he would’ve been earlier in the series.

That is an interesting point... subtlely build up to the mega-intergalactic threat through incremental increases in scope and power of different extra-terrestrial villains.

But I think that they can pick up from where they left off. Have Reed become totally pre-occupied by trying to trace Galactus' presence in space... preparing for another coming... It would help re-establish the FF with a little more serious tilt, instead of the corny stuff they did before. I would like to see a new Reed and Sue... but I could handle Ion for more movies (less dorky though) but I insist on replacing Alba. She is totaly hot, and I think her acting skills are underrated... but she does not fit the bill for Sue.

And more techy stuff... Reed should be able to make Stark look like a middle school science teacher.

They should make a third installment to give justice to the movie. But I'm not sure who among the villains to choose??? They should bring in the Skrulls or that Super Skrull guy or maybe someone more ferrocious. I'd love to see the whole family of superheroes back in the big screens one last time.

They should make a third installment to give justice to the movie. But I'm not sure who among the villains to choose??? They should bring in the Skrulls or that Super Skrull guy or maybe someone more ferrocious. I'd love to see the whole family of superheroes back in the big screens one last time.

They can do justice to the franchise and use the Skrulls in an FF movie which isn't tied to Story's films.

Fox already had two oppotunities to do the FF well and blew it both times. A third isn't going to change anything without a serious revamp from top to bottom from in front and behind the camera.

Fox already had two oppotunities to do the FF well and blew it both times. A third isn't going to change anything without a serious revamp from top to bottom from in front and behind the camera.
I agree. I'm actually surprised that so many people are fine with a third installment (even one that vaguely acknowledges the first 2). Personally, after seeing them screw up Dr. Doom and Galactus, I'd hate to see a movie that has to spend any amount of its running time cleaning up those messes.

I would not do an FF movie that "cleans up the messes" [of parts 1 & 2]; I would just move ahead and ignore them as much as possible. A third FF movie, even with the current cast, would not have to acknowledge the first two in any significant way. Just give us a new villain and a new story and never look back!

I would not do an FF movie that "cleans up the messes" [of parts 1 & 2]; I would just move ahead and ignore them as much as possible.

If you're going to ignore them why not do a Begins on it?

A new version can't be any worse. Not if Fox isn't doing it.

A third FF movie, even with the current cast, would not have to acknowledge the first two in any significant way.

The cast is one of its major problems.

Alba was a terrible Sue, a good script isn't going to change her acting skills or make her look like the character while McMahon has shown he hasn't got what it takes to be a good Doom.

Both are replaceable actors.

Just give us a new villain and a new story and never look back!

They can do that with a reboot.

The franchise needs to cut all ties to Fox's FF films if it ever wants to be taken seriously.

We definitely need a new Doom whose worthy of comics. Being tied to McMahon's Doom would just weight the character down and force the next film makers
to spend more time fixing him which they could go around it by starting over. Just save the revamped him for a sequel like Nolan did with Joker. Have the new "first" villain be the Super Skrull with some Skrull agents instead.

I prefer a "next film" (not a redo of the origins)... It is time to get onto some really good stories... not rehash things. Do not have Doom in there... Give the character sometime for his movie-based origin to be lost in the past... and get a new actor who we do not see out of his armor.

For the "next" film, make it so that Reed discovers more astrological phenomenon (something about the fabric of the universe, or space-time dilation, or the energetic core of reality)... leading to a story with the Skrull or Inhumans or the Watcher or the Deviants or the Eternals (enter Thanos???)... whatever... maybe close the film with a cameo of Doom in his room full of computer screens, observing everything that happenned...

Bring back Chiklis and Evans... super-size Thing's width and arms using CGI... replace Alba with Alice Evans (and an up-powered Invisible Woman)... Ion Gruffold could be replaced or kept, but re-write him to be less of a awkward geek. A little more focused genius is in order. New better costumes... discussion of the unstable molecules... and more tech based solutions from Reed...

I don't get why people still wants a CGI Thing after the latest Hulk movie proved that CGI human character still looks like crap. I'd rather have Chiklis in his rubber suit again than a clearly fake digital puppet.

I said that I want Thing as he was... just up-sized, as in, how the Hobbits were down-sized using CGI or computer FX (maybe CGI is the wrong term) in LOTR.

In a sense, I am saying do a "Bat Man Begins" on the FF, in that BB did ignore the other four movies all together. Even with DARK KNIGHT, they rightfully made no reference to Burton's Joker, they just got on with the movie.

The Difference is that the Batman series never had a real "origin" movie until BB, and the FF did. To retell the origin is going over the same ground again, and wasting valuable screen time for no real reason. You still end up in the same spot, they have super powers; so why waste what could be their last chance for a movie retelling the same story?

I don't want to see Doom in any FF movies in the near future, so if and when they would get around to him again, there would have been plenty of time to have forgotten the old Doom. Again, like the new Joker, he would just show up in his movie and go from there.

Lastly, I have no problem recasting any of them. I like the guys playing Johnny and Ben, and I think Reed can be good - given a good script. Sue can go, any number of actresses can fill that uniform.

Bubbodoom:

Then we're not disagreeing. You want a total revamp of the franchise which has no ties to Story's FF like I do.

There are many tricks they can do to get around showing the origin in precise detail. Flashbacks, prolog or beginning credits, for instance.

Storys origin did have major differences then the official version. Doom was never involved, they never had a space station and Victor never got powers from the cosmic rays. Those are pretty big things the audience needs to know didn't happen.

I agree that Alba is the most in need in replacing of the FF team.

The Major, for the most part we do agree. In an idea world, Marvel would get the FF back and pull a "Hulk" by moving forward with the series and pretty much forgetting all that came before it. And while I do think it is possible to get a good FF movie out of the current FF team, given what seems to be the attitude at Fox, I very much doubt that will happen.

Anyway, the first four movies would look like this:
Part 1: THE FANTASTIC FOUR
Part 2: FANTASTIC FOUR: DOOMSDAY
Part 3: *FANTASTIC FOUR: INHUMAN
*Film 3 is kind of the wild card here. I could easily see Namor, the Negative Zone, or even the Skrulls at this point. I’d go with the Inhumans (and the Frightful Four) basically because we get more action figures. At least, that’s what I’d tell the studio. I also think it’s a great story with some cool action and everything you could hope for.
Part 4: FANTASTIC FOUR: GALACTIC STORM
Then we bring in Silver Surfer and Galactus. The pipe-dream for me is to have a Galactus movie that crosses over with the X-Men and the Avengers. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

What about this for Part 3: I remember back in Heroes Reborn FF, there was some storyline involving Silver Surfer and Super-Skrull. What if Part 3 focused on the Skrulls, climaxing with a battle against Super-Skrull, and also introduced Silver Surfer, which leads us into part 4 with Galactus?

Put Gough and Millar on as screenwriters and we're in business.

I agree a reboot woud probably work best.

Although I wouldnt tell the origin again, I'd do it how they did it in TIH and just show clips at the start of the movie. In a ideal world Marvel would get the rights back the franchise but I cant see that happening anytime soon!!

I agree a reboot woud probably work best.

Although I wouldnt tell the origin again, I'd do it how they did it in TIH and just show clips at the start of the movie. In a ideal world Marvel would get the rights back the franchise but I cant see that happening anytime soon!!

I know you're all gonna hate me, but I'd like to see Michael Bay's FF. Or at least in terms of visuals. Because for some reason I've imagined The Coming of Galactus in my head with bayvisuals. Galactus coming, afternoon sunset, Human Torch collapsing onto his feet etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"