what he hell is up with music these days?

Lord Valumart

Hype's Dr - It's Canon
Reaction score
seriously some of the worst possible crap has been making it's way into the charts these days

now, i ask people when this stuff comes on and NO ONE likes it! so how the **** does something so many people hate get to number 1!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!

examples...

this:
[YT]a4X7eFbP3u4[/YT]
was at the UK number one for like 10 weeks...everyone i know hated it, random people in shops got more angry when it played, so how the feck did it get to number 1?

now there's this:
[YT]Lt6o8NlrbHg[/YT]
which is just as horrible but is no doubt somehow going to wind up top of the chart...

and we all remember this:
[YT]YUf3SWulR-I[/YT]
:dry: :dry:

so i ask you all...what the ****ing hell is up with music:huh: :huh:

I like that first one :(...

don't blame the artists, blame the radio stations who play it over and over again... they're the ones that kill the song

Yeah, Umbrella was so overrated. One week at number 1 was enough. :down I actually wanted to drown her in the rain I got so sick of it. :o

Well living in Reading, the festival begins tomorrow, and it has yet again a terrible line up which just seems to get worse each year.

Classic people who played before:

Arthur Brown, Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher, East of Eden, Osibisa, Yes, Supertramp, Ten Years After, Alex Harvey, Hawkwind, Genesis etc etc, these are some of the people that played it back in the seventies etc, but now it's razorlight :(

Yeah, Umbrella was so overrated. One week at number 1 was enough. :down I actually wanted to drown her in the rain I got so sick of it. :o
i'd havebeen happy if the damn song had never existed
Arthur Brown, Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher, East of Eden, Osibisa, Yes, Supertramp, Ten Years After, Alex Harvey, Hawkwind, Genesis etc etc, these are some of the people that played it back in the seventies etc, but now it's razorlight :(

i'm so sorry:csad: :csad:

Losers you all sound about 50!

Ella EllA ella EH EH EH EH under my umberella

The remix, Cinderella...was WACK!

:dry:

The remix is even better, son! With that guy that sounds like a girl. Hells yeaaahh...

You could be my Cinderella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

Music these days isn't as sincere as it was in the 70's, 80's, or early 90's for that matter. More or less it's all about the look instead of it being about talent and musicianship.

The only current bands I listen to these days are Coheed and Cambria, Alter Bridge, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, A Perfect Circle, God Forbid, Still Remains, and In This Moment. Majority of those bands receive little to no airplay on radio or any music television station, unless it's on sirius radio with Hard Attack or Octane.

But as I said, music these days is more or less about the look and not about the actual message or talent. Majority of the bands I listen to are from the 70's, 80's, or early 90's anyways. You just can't beat Jimi Hendrix, Carlos Santana, Journey, Iron Maiden, Rush, Yes, King Crimson, Elton John, Heart, Queensryche, Queen, Judas Priest, W.A.S.P., Nine Inch Nails, Tool, The Carpenters, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Boston, Genesis, The Doobie Brothers, Mercyful Fate, and etc....

The remix is even better, son! With that guy that sounds like a girl. Hells yeaaahh...

You could be my Cinderella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh

I'm looking for the one with the glass slippa'

Well record companies basically choose what people want to hear. Magazines, music television, radio has always dictated what THEY want people to hear. They choose whatever music is the most generic and broad appealing to sell to as many people as possible as oppossed to whats most creative or intresting.

Good music is out their you just have to look for it as its not in the mainstream media. If you look on the internet you can find lots of great bands who aren't getting exposure.

Also Lord Valumart aren't you from the UK. You should probabley know by now that the british charts are crap. When songs from Mr Blobby, Westlife, Crazy Frog, Bob The Builder and any other novellty junk can get to number 1 its pretty obvious charts are a load of Horse S***

Well record companies basically choose what people want to hear. Magazines, music television, radio has always dictated what THEY want people to hear. They choose whatever music is the most generic and broad appealing to sell to as many people as possible as oppossed to whats most creative or intresting.

Good music is out their you just have to look for it as its not in the mainstream media. If you look on the internet you can find lots of great bands who aren't getting exposure.

Also Lord Valumart aren't you from the UK. You should probabley know by now that the british charts are crap. When songs from Mr Blobby, Westlife, Crazy Frog, Bob The Builder and any other novellty junk can get to number 1 its pretty obvious charts are a load of Horse S***

Yep, I'm a huge heavy metal fanatic and I couldn't find any great bands until I searched the internet and found a plethora of metal bands. Bands that receive little to no attention due to them being part of the underground scene.

theres no "killing the song" necessary with todays music, its all garbage. its over produced and horrible. music essentially died in the mid 90s.

I think Rhianna has a decent voice, but she has a few songs that are crappy. Shut Up and Drive is a pretty nice cut if you ever hear it.

i like that crazy frog song.

Not to listen to on the radio but at a party or a high school dance.

"Beautiful Girls" makes "Umbrella" sound like ****ing Sgt. Pepper's.

It's all about looks and money today. True talent and respect and passion for music has gone out the window.

yeh...but i can actualy STAND mr blobby and westlife

yeh...but i can actualy STAND mr blobby and westlife

yeah umberella is annoying, but a fat guy in a pink suit talking gibberish is a milllion times worst. The 90s had just as much crap music as today.

blobby_1.jpg

I personally hope Satan holds a special place in Hell for people who brought that record :cmad:

If I don't like it, I don't listen to it. The result is, I never hear music that I hate.

If I don't like it, I don't listen to it. The result is, I never hear music that I hate.

The thing is, Valumart is complaining that wherever he goes, the media forces it down his throat, regardless of him listening to it or not.

check out I got it from my mamma by Will I am. It's a really fun song. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"