What if Tim Burton Continued with Batman Forever and Batman & Robin

I just watched the Two Face episodes in TAS. While "Two Face" was handled very well, they really dropped the ball and went far too over the top with the characterization of Harvey Dent. He was basically Two Face the entire time, he just happened to get scarred heh.

Funny thing is that Catwoman in TAS did not look like Burton's design but in the revamp of New Adventures of Batman, she looked far more like Burton's design(all black suit, pasty face- notice I'm only talking about the catsuit not Selina Kyle). Yet with the Penguin it was the exact opposite. And although I love Devito's Penguin, I never liked the original TAS Penguin. I don't think the design fit very well, it was one of the few improvements of the revamp.

Last edited:
While Batman, Penguin, and Catwoman have been cited as being a direct influence of Burton movies, I thought it was generally obvious that most of the other characters and the entire "world" was a influence from Burton. Even the creators have said as much

I know there was influences. Who said there wasn't? The Harvey Dent one is not one of them though. There's no mention of it in the character's design. It's not stated anywhere that he is black or of mixed race. Not in the character's designs, by the show's creators, or in the show itself. That was the point being discussed if you read the posts.

I've posted nice scans and everything.

Im pretty sure Joker knows about BTAs emulating Burton's world and drawing a lot from it, I think he was just referring to Dent NOT being confirmed to be influenced by Williams

:up:

In the book do they mention Joker being influenced by Nicholson?

I just watched the Two Face episodes in TAS. While "Two Face" was handled very well, they really dropped the ball and went far too over the top with the characterization of Harvey Dent. He was basically Two Face the entire time, he just happened to get scarred heh.

Funny thing is that Catwoman in TAS did not look like Burton's design but in the revamp of New Adventures of Batman, she looked far more like Burton's design(all black suit, pasty face- notice I'm only talking about the catsuit not Selina Kyle). Yet with the Penguin it was the exact opposite. And although I love Devito's Penguin, I never liked the original TAS Penguin. I don't think the design fit very well, it was one of the few improvements of the revamp.

I remember back in 1991 when I first saw Two Face that he looks great but he seemed like a normal thug to me and was just so-so. But when BTAs came out, he and Clayface were my favorite villains of the show and to this day I still hold BTAS' TwoFace in a very high regard. He blew me away. In BF he was just a pink Joker and it wasnt until TDK when I found another incarnation of TwoFace that I liked. But yeah, the design, the behavior and the whole vibe of the BTAS Tow Face is really something. Pit he was never in any cartoon before, I would have love to see how other cartoons would have handle him

Anyway, gonna need to update the blog with the Joel reference and Joker's scans

Batman Forever was the first movie I saw in cinemas loved Tommy Lee Jones' Two-Face one of the reasons I became fan of Batman & Two-Face and that's why I have soft spot for Forever but over the years I didn't like it as I grew older. BTAS did very good job with the character and I wouldn't say it was over the top. BTAS & TDK versions I hold dear. I can't wait for BAC version of Two-Face.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Batman Forever was the first movie you saw. ;)

I really expected more of Tommy Lee's performance (at the time)... He was really overshadowed in the film. BTAS Two Face is the definitive Two Face to me... although Nolan/Ekhardt really did the character well, albeit too quickly.

Billy Dee def woulda made a very intresting TwoFace. Burton's image woulda been fun to see. Sad part was, Tommy Lee Jones coulda gave a performance of a life time if his role was more like Aaron Eckhardt's. But Billy got robbed, this coulda been a role that kept him up on the movie list as someone you'd want in your movie.

And yes, there were rumors that Walken's character would become TwoFace in Burton's movies if he did a third one because the studio's didnt want Billy Dee.

But Yes, I woulda loved to had seen Burton's Two Face.

billydeetwoface.jpg
twoface02.gif

Me too. Billy Dee as Two Face would have been interesting

And he wouldve been most likely designed by Stan Winston, so that wouldve been really interesting

I also have a feeling that Burton's Two-Face would've had the "white" scarred side like in BTAS.

And whats with that Burton bashing lately? This place used to be so much fun and I even praised it for being very objective and pleasure to have debates on, yet lately I can barely catch up with defending Burton's movies

I don't understand this bashing either, honestly. I think the people that didn't like the direction of Tim Burton, preferred his Batman films in the 90's because they were the only dark incarnation as opposed to Joel Schumacher campy approach. So I guess the Nolan films opened another dark depiction of Batman that appeals to those who find Burton's style not to their tastes.

It's simply how it is. Now that there's a more popular take on Batman out, Burton's films get more flak. It works like that all the time on the hype. If you think you've heard Raimi bashing now, just wait for the new Spidey film to come out. If it's good half this site will swear Raimi got everything wrong.

Man I wished Tim Burton directed Batman 3 and I believe Catwoman would've been returned and Burton is the kind of a guy would've done Two-Face good. Harvey's obsession with duality would've been great to explore. Burton said he had ideas about a third movie I wonder what ideas were they? I wonder if he still has them?

Robin Williams was never going to do it though, he was still angry at them over the Joke fiasco.

Sort of related but I do believe had Burton continued with his Superman film there were plans to bring back Keaton as Batman to join Cage?

3133585422_1_6_JwCbvgpT.jpg

fwFotvv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"