What Is The Last Comic You've Read - Part 4

Batman: Black Mirror
Robin and Batman #3
Wonder Woman (1986) #90-100 (this was the run where Diana opened a private detective office and Artemis was named the new Wonder Woman).

My Hero Academia Vol. 1

I loved it. Every page of it. It's more X-Men than modern X-Men.

I’m currently reading Tom King’s Vision.
I’m 3 issues in and I’m riveted.

So, I binge read Tom King’s Vision. All I can say is: wow!

It certainly ranks among King’s best work. Slightly below Up in the Sky, but definitely in the conversation with or even surpassing the likes of Mister Miracle and Omega Men.

So, I binge read Tom King’s Vision. All I can say is: wow!

It certainly ranks among King’s best work. Slightly below Up in the Sky, but definitely in the conversation with or even surpassing the likes of Mister Miracle and Omega Men.

I need to check this out. I just finished the first tpb of his Batman run and was really underwhelmed especially after loving his run on Mister Miracle and Strange Adventures.

Also am all caught up now on the Nice House on the Lake which I absolutely loved. I might even go so far as to say it’s my favorite ongoing right now.

Last edited:
I need to check this out. I just finished the first tpb of his Batman run and was really underwhelmed especially after loving his run on Mister Miracle and Strange Adventures.

Also am all caught up now on the Nice House on the Lake which I absolutely loved. I might even go so far as to say it’s my favorite ongoing right now.
I liked (but not loved) his Batman run. There were some decisions that I loathed, but I also enjoyed many aspects. It was a mixed bag for sure. I hated Strange Adventures.

If you like King, however, I certainly recommend Superman: Up in the Sky. It is a masterpiece. It’s a celebration of everything great about Superman and Tom King’s writing is at its best. I also recommend Omega Men for its deep theological and moral musings, as well as his soon-to-be concluded Supergirl: Woman Of Tomorrow which is a character study of Supergirl that showcases how she is totally different than her cousin. While rough around the edges and a bit irreverent, (King acknowledges her extremely hard life as a survivor of multiple holocausts where she’s seen immense tragedies) she is inherently good. Also, while only 4 issues in, Human Target may play out to be his best work. Hopefully the last 8 are as incredible as the first 4.

I wasn’t a fan of his Rorschach book. And while Heroes in Crisis was certainly well written, I’ve heard interviews with King that even he regrets the decision to use Wally West as the character in that story. It’s a good, and important story, but it really hurts a Wally fan like me to read that. And I am thankful for the soft retconning that has been done on the events of that story in the latest Flash comics.

Hack/Slash Meets Zombies vs. Cheerleaders (one-shot, Moonstone Comics)

Absolutely love Hack/Slash, and this crossover was laugh-out-loud funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"