What series of fantasy books would you like to see next adapted to film?

R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden novels.

Douglas Niles' Finder's Stone Trilogy.

The Dragonlance books Dragons Of Autumn Twilight, Dragons Of Winter Midnight, and Dragons Of Spring Dawning.

I think we need a break from fantasy books for a bit, because we're starting to see more mediocre ones than good ones. As long as it doesn't involve anymore wizards in training or kids who have powers that they don't know they had, I'm good.

QFT...I mean seriously, who was out there begging for an 'Eragon' movie :huh:

i was, but not for that movie.
i agree the way i describe that movie is that they took both books ripped out about a hundred pages from each slammed the two together lit it on fire, threw it in a bag full of **** and left it out in the sun....that's how much i hated that film.:cmad:

I laugh at how they ended the movie on a huge cliff-hanger and we will probably never see a sequel.I would hope in 5 or so years we would see a reboot, but chances are slim :(

There was a series of books I read in Middle School that I found to be very entertaining.

It was called Wild Cards, it was kind of sort of like X-men but for a more mature audience since it had more violence and sex.

After this nuke goes off, the majority of people(in New York from what I can remember) die but a certain small percentage due to radiation become Aces(people with powers) while others became Jokers(mutated freaks). I think the series had about 6-8 novels but could be wrong since it's been along time.

I think it would make for an entertaining film or series.

Last edited:
Raymond E. Feist's " Riftwar saga " .........

My favorite series of all time!

Since I first read the series in the early 90's, I have probably read and re-read the series at least 20 more times. I've always wondered how it would as a movie, especially after LOTR came out. I just can't figure out how you can contain everything into 3 movies that are 2 hours long or less.

As another suggestion: Any of the series written by David Eddings.

I was/am a big fan of those books but that movie was beyond atrocious. It upset me soo much.

Yeah I hear ya...I lightly read the book prior to seeing the movie (via Blockbuster Rental) and it was...whew...it was bad.

Like...really BAD...John Malcovich let me down so much in that mess of a movie.

Yeah I hear ya...I lightly read the book prior to seeing the movie (via Blockbuster Rental) and it was...whew...it was bad.

Like...really BAD...John Malcovich let me down so much in that mess of a movie.
when i first heard about a film i was so excited and then...total letdown :whatever:

The Prydian Chronicles
D.J. McHale's Pendragon series

My favorite series of all time!

Since I first read the series in the early 90's, I have probably read and re-read the series at least 20 more times. I've always wondered how it would as a movie, especially after LOTR came out. I just can't figure out how you can contain everything into 3 movies that are 2 hours long or less.

As another suggestion: Any of the series written by David Eddings.

Yeah, it was one of the 1st series that i read after LotR. One of the most underrated fantasy series out there and writer.

The Dragonlance books Dragons Of Autumn Twilight, Dragons Of Winter Midnight, and Dragons Of Spring Dawning.

I havent read those books yet but Ive read Dragons of Summer Flame and im on book 2 right now of Dragonlance Legends and i think they could be adapted beautifally if done right of course.

As for a Sci/Fi series Charles Stross' Singularity Sky And Iron Sunrise would be mindblowingly amazing if done justice.

n238080.jpg

The Chathrand - The Great Ship, The Wind-Palace, His Supremacy's First Fancy - is the last of her kind - built 600 years ago she dwarves all the ships around her. The secrets of her construction are long lost. She was the pride of the Empire. The natural choice for the great diplomatic voyage to seal the peace with the last of the Emperor's last enemies. 700 souls boarded her. Her sadistic Captain Nilus Rose, the Emperor's Ambassador and Thasha, the daughter he plans to marry off to seal the treaty, a spy master and six assassins, one hunderd imperial marines, Pazel the tarboy gifted and cursed by his mother's spell and a small band of Ixchel. The Ixchel sneaked aboard and now hide below decks amongst the rats. Intent on their own mission. But there is treachery afoot. Behind the plans for peace lies the shadow of war and the fear that a dead king might live again. And now the Chathrand, having survived countless battles and centuries of typhoons has gone missing. This is her story.

n246157.jpg

THE RATS AND THE RULING SEA begins where THE RED WOLF CONSPIRACY ended; Thasha's wedding is hours away. It is a wedding that will both fulfil the promise of a mad god's return and see her murdered. Pazel has thwarted the sorcerer who would bring back the god but both sides now face deadlock. Can Thasha be saved? Can the war between two Empires be stopped? THE RATS AND THE RULING SEA is, once again, focused on the giant ancient ship The Chathrand, but now she must brave the terrors of the uncharted seas; the massive storms and the ship swallowing whirlpools and explore lands forgotten by the Northern world, all the time invloved in a vicious running battle with a ship nearly her match. Robert Redick's new novel takes the reader further into the labyrinthine plots and betrayals that have underscored the trilogy from the beginning. We learn more about the Ixchel as they fight for survival against the Chathrand's rats, discover more about the true motives of conspirators, live with Thasha and Pazel as they face death and deceit and discover a a fabled magical city which holds the key to the Nilstone - a stone that could end the world

Stephen King's The Dark Tower. I can't wait for JJ Abrams to get this one off the ground, though it will be undoubtedly hard to do. But Hugh Jackman MUST play Roland.

RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden books. Some things might have to be seriously reworked, but these stories have a lot of potential.

I'm also still waiting for a GOOD King Arthur adaptation that doesn't seriously f**k up the whole story or attempt to "reimagine" it in some terrible way.

Stephen King's The Dark Tower. I can't wait for JJ Abrams to get this one off the ground, though it will be undoubtedly hard to do. But Hugh Jackman MUST play Roland.

RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden books. Some things might have to be seriously reworked, but these stories have a lot of potential.

I'm also still waiting for a GOOD King Arthur adaptation that doesn't seriously f**k up the whole story or attempt to "reimagine" it in some terrible way.

Umm...no. I like Hugh Jackman and all but after his softer and softer performance of Wolverine in the last two films, I want someone who will bring a real pair of balls to the role.

I'm just curious as to how they are going to do this series. I highly doubt they'll want to stretch it out and make 7 films but I don't want them to lose a lot of what's in the books.

Umm...no. I like Hugh Jackman and all but after his softer and softer performance of Wolverine in the last two films, I want someone who will bring a real pair of balls to the role.

I'm just curious as to how they are going to do this series. I highly doubt they'll want to stretch it out and make 7 films but I don't want them to lose a lot of what's in the books.

To be fair though, Wolverine can really only be as good as the films are, and the last two have sucked. I would argue that it's not his fault. Plus, he looks PERFECT for the role... Roland is said to look a lot like Clint Eastwood, and Jackman certainly does.

But you're right... I don't know how they'll make the films. They said they want to do all 7, but they'll have to make them in a really short period of time because whoever they cast as Jake will have to stay the same age throughout and not get noticebly older.

To be fair though, Wolverine can really only be as good as the films are, and the last two have sucked. I would argue that it's not his fault. Plus, he looks PERFECT for the role... Roland is said to look a lot like Clint Eastwood, and Jackman certainly does.

But you're right... I don't know how they'll make the films. They said they want to do all 7, but they'll have to make them in a really short period of time because whoever they cast as Jake will have to stay the same age throughout and not get noticebly older.

Don't get me wrong I still like Hugh Jackman and he has the look down too when he's scruffy, I just think I'm a little burnt out on him after X-3 and Wolverine. If he were to be cast I wouldn't be disappointed but I almost want them to cast an unknown.

Don't get me wrong I still like Hugh Jackman and he has the look down too when he's scruffy, I just think I'm a little burnt out on him after X-3 and Wolverine. If he were to be cast I wouldn't be disappointed but I almost want them to cast an unknown.

Well, it's not like Hugh controls the script, if they write him as a more "good guy" Wolverine (which, in my opinion, they have since X1) it's not his fault.

The Dark Tower
The Talisman
Black House
The Legend of Drizzt
Goblindongs: Interplanar Exctacy
The Draconic Prophecies
A Song of Ice and Fire

The Dark Tower could be really good; the third book comes with its own soundtrack. For Song of Susannah they might need to do Mia's story as less just seeing Susannah and Mia sitting down and chatting, and more flashback ala Wizard and Glass. I could see them editing down Callahan's story too, and that would be fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"