• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What the black suit SHOULD look like!!

1148757222727.jpg

I really like the scaley/slimey look to it. A lot better than the completely plain black in the comics. If it isn't going to have any webbing, it definately needs some sort of texture.

Spider-Fan83 said:
I guess, I should reply, scents to quoted me, ya, I get that venoms suit is suppose to mimic spidey’s suit, and seeing on how spidey’s suit, it just a black version of his old one, it makes scents the it would look more like it. as for the spider-woman thing, well, umm, in later version of the black suit origin or like the animated show version, it still looked like that without having seen spider-woman. though, I get it, I still think if all we get as venom is Topher in the black spider suit, that would be pretty weak, and I am still not to sure about the whole black suit (looking the same) in the first place, it depends on how its introduced and plays out in the movie.

I know what you mean...but I was not talking about Venom's suit...I would not want Venom's suit to look like Spidey's either because of how the suit looks at the moment for the third film.

You two were saying how (for Spider-Man's black suit) "it is like that in the comics so it must be like that in the movie" so I was like "oh...well lemme just look back here and quote this to prove ya wrong" (since the key element to that suit most likely won't be in the movie). :p

SuperLee said:
1148757222727.jpg

I really like the scaley/slimey look to it. A lot better than the completely plain black in the comics. If it isn't going to have any webbing, it definately needs some sort of texture.

YES YES YES!!!!! Whatever the history of why his suit is like it is (with no webs) and how they wont have time 2 explain it in the film, i dont care, that is how i would like it lol

I like the new suit better though because its coherent to the past movies, and it just looks like the symbiote made it black.

SuperLee said:
1148757222727.jpg

yea it looks great like that, and i agree about needing texture. but i dont mind the suit now either.

Let me begin by saying Im glad I'm not on an island on this one. I am going to try to refrain from going all fanboy on this one. I am VERY dissappointed with the initial look of the black costume like other posts mentioned it does look like they got kinda lazy in wardrobe and painted the red and blue suit black. The black costume and spider everything behind the costume is very distinct. I dont appreciate them "re-imagining" that since thats the word that is used so often. Its the symbol that is associated with a character and for one of the largest episodes in spidermans history I would hope they would stay true to it. I can understand the suit being adapted to the movie but not to be all together changed is another thing. My only hope is that since it is the symbiote that it changes during the movie as Peter changes. But the whole thing is that suits shows the connection between the characters Spiderman and Venom.

I can see why they'd want something more detailed than the comic outfit, but I would have went with something similar to but NOT exactly like ben reilly's suit which would/could have a balance of the classic symbiote large spider logo in either black or white, while still retaining some of the details of the usual spidey costume.

Weapon M said:
if you dont like the Spiderman Comic book stories, then dont watch the movie. Cause the movie is SPIDERMAN movies. So, they are going to and should be loyal to the material that made it big enough to become a movie in the first place.

They wont make the same mistake. We all know a guy crawlin walls is fantasy anyways.

The material is vital. Changing it to make it more ''appropriate'' for the movies is just like it's selling the itself out.
i have no problems with the spiderman comics/movies. but marvel went through about 10 years of crappy adaptations of their heroes (ex. Captain America, Fantastic Four, and yes Spider-Man) because they werent believable on film. so whatever changes they need to make to help the movie not suck is fine with me.

these movies work well as they are.

I like that one, it's much better.

One problem. This is Ant-Man. See spiders have 8 legs and the emblem on this suit only has 6. Must be Ant-Man. But I'd say Spidey has a good case for copyright infringment.
Blackcostumespiderman.jpg

SuperLee said:
1148757222727.jpg

this would have been excellent. wow. Good grief... how hard would this have been to make.

ya that was awsome you should have work on the movie lol sweet job on it

I think the suit is fine. they could make it blacker though.. Because right now it looks kind of greyish.it would be cool like a pure black.....

I really dont mind how the suit looks if Sam wants like that we will have to aceept it for that. I LOVE IT!

Galactical said:
this would have been excellent. wow. Good grief... how hard would this have been to make.
You guys kill me w/remarks like "They got lazy" & "How hard would this have been"-do you have any idea how expensive & painstaking that suit is to make? How many hours & how much material is involved? It's not like they went the easy or cheap route. They went a different direction. That's all. Instead of playing it safe & doing what a bunch of anonymous geeks w/computers & too much time on their hands wanted them to do, they got bold & put a different twist on a look that is, honestly, very far removed from what Spider-Man is all about. And I like it. Hell, in the context of the film it may make perfect sense. You don't know. But you're jumping up & protesting because it's not what you expected. But people complained relentlessly about the organic webbing, the raised webs on the suit, and the Goblin costume. And Raimi & Co. know this. They also know that these changes-apart from a minority dissent-turned out just fine. They're not gonna start caving in to fanboy demands now.

gzero said:
I think that's stupid. That is the venom costume, sony did NOT say tobey is going to be venom, and spiderman ISNT venom anyways, so puttin tobeys head on that costume is like putting tobeys head on a goblin suit, doesnt make sense

This is such a ******ed response. Venom costume? this doesn't even deserve a response. But I'll say it anyway.. READ THE BOOKS!!!

Chris Wallace said:
You guys kill me w/remarks like "They got lazy" & "How hard would this have been"-do you have any idea how expensive & painstaking that suit is to make? How many hours & how much material is involved? It's not like they went the easy or cheap route. They went a different direction. That's all. Instead of playing it safe & doing what a bunch of anonymous geeks w/computers & too much time on their hands wanted them to do, they got bold & put a different twist on a look that is, honestly, very far removed from what Spider-Man is all about. And I like it. Hell, in the context of the film it may make perfect sense. You don't know. But you're jumping up & protesting because it's not what you expected. But people complained relentlessly about the organic webbing, the raised webs on the suit, and the Goblin costume. And Raimi & Co. know this. They also know that these changes-apart from a minority dissent-turned out just fine. They're not gonna start caving in to fanboy demands now.

Hmm. and yet it seems all they need do, is desaturate the color image of all the spiderman shots, and presto. "black costume" wow. real painstaking and expensive.:marv:

I am not talking about photoshopping; read the post. I'm talking about the making of the costume itself, the silkscreening, & the molding & placing of the webs. Ask any fanboy who's made his own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"