Homecoming What tone do you want?

TASM1 tone. I thought it was perfect *shrugs*
TASM2 got extra hate for it's campy/silly scenes, we don't want that for TASM3 too now do we?

TASM1 tone. I thought it was perfect *shrugs*
TASM2 got extra hate for it's campy/silly scenes, we don't want that for TASM3 too now do we?

As is said in another thread, Peter was considered a jerk in TASM's tone.

Do we really want that again?

Look I love the old Batman movies from Tim Burton but Batman is a character that should have a dark tone Spiderman is the opposite but if Spiderman wears the black suit in the next film then I think it should be dark

25e25429ace4eeeb1e308cb0fb2ada14.jpg

If Sony took the great elements from TASM1 and the small handful of decent elements from TASM2 (basically the costume and swinging sequences) it'd make an improvement.

As is said in another thread, Peter was considered a jerk in TASM's tone.

Do we really want that again?

Pardon but what does Peter's characterization have to do with the tone of the film?

Pardon but what does Peter's characterization have to do with the tone of the film?

I just figured that since Webb went with a dark tone in TASM, he had to make the characters realistic. Since he went with a lighter tone with TASM 2 Peter was more likable, at least that's what most people seem to think. I'm just saying that if he goes for a darker tone again, we might have the same critiques.

I just figured that since Webb went with a dark tone in TASM, he had to make the characters realistic. Since he went with a lighter tone with TASM 2 Peter was more likable, at least that's what most people seem to think. I'm just saying that if he goes for a darker tone again, we might have the same critiques.

Webb can't make his characters realistic without them being jerks? Thank you Perry, yet another reason why Webb is a meh director. Sony we need a new director for TASM3(who is great with action scenes)! :p

Webb can't make his characters realistic without them being jerks? Thank you Perry, yet another reason why Webb is a meh director. Sony we need a new director for TASM3(who is great with action scenes)! :p

I probably should have said upfront that i loved TASM and i thought that that critique was stupid. But we definitely need greater action scenes. :woot:

When it came to non action scenes, I can honestly say I prefer ASM's cinematography over ASM2's. Like, waaay prefer.

The vibrant color scheme looked a little ridiculous in the dramatic scenes in ASM2, tbh. And this is coming from me who pretty much always prefer film over digital.

When it came to non action scenes, I can honestly say I prefer ASM's cinematography over ASM2's. Like, waaay prefer.

The vibrant color scheme looked a little ridiculous in the dramatic scenes in ASM2, tbh. And this is coming from me who pretty much always prefer film over digital.

Both films had many eyecandy moments. Like the one in your avy. That shot is just great.

Both films had many eyecandy moments. Like the one in your avy. That shot is just great.

Sure did.

And thanks. Did you know the shot in my avvy isn't in the movie, btw?

It's not? I thought it was the one before the bridge scene.

Well, a different version of it. The one I have as my avvy is with Peter looking out over the city, while on a building or something. :woot:

I'll take TASM2's general tone over TASM.

TASM Peter >>>> TASM2 Peter imo.

Maybe it's just because I can't remember TASM all that well, but I don't think the tone between the two was all that different. If TASM2 had more serious villains it would have been about the same as TASM.

I preferred the overall tone of TASM2 to TASM. I just want a really serious villain though; something different to the previous villains we've had. Electro had a lot of potential towards the end of TASM2 after he was set free from Ravencroft but didn't have much to do after that. He would've been so so badass!

-I think the tone should be like TASM2, which was very close to the comics. They just need to find a way to have the villains be taken seriously while maintaining an overall light-hearted "feel".

-I think the tone should be like TASM2, which was very close to the comics. They just need to find a way to have the villains be taken seriously while maintaining an overall light-hearted "feel".

Exactly!

Yeah, this!

I want a lighthearted Spider-Man in a dark world, and given the events of TASM2, we'll probably get something like that.

Whichever tone works for the story whether its the tone of this movie or WS the story has to match the tone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"