• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics What was the order of the Spider-Man titles?

martywest

Civilian
Reaction score
Can someone help me out? Other that Amazing, which obviously is the flagship original title, what were the order of the other Spider-Man books; and specificaly, what titles replaced what other titles?

1. The Amazing Spider-Man (1963) (1 Spidey book monthly)

2. The Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine (1968) * lasted 2 issues *

3. Marvel Team-Up vol.1 (1972) (2 Spidey books monthly)

4. Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man vol.1 (1976) (3 Spidey books monthly) * this book is renamed Spectacular Spider-Man @ issue #134 *

5. Web of Spider-Man (1985) * replaces Marvel Team-Up vol.1 * (3 Spidey books monthly)

6. Spider-Man (1990) (4 Spidey books monthly) * this book is renamed Peter Parker: Spider-Man @ issue #76 *

7. Spider-Man Unlimited vol.1 (1993) (5 Spidey books bi-monthly)

8. Untold Tales of Spider-Man (1995) (6 Spidey books bi-monthly)

9. Sensational Spider-Man vol.1 (1996) * replaces Web of Spider-Man * (6 Spidey books bi-monthly)

10. Spider-Man Team-Up (1996) (7 Spidey books bi-monthly)

11. Marvel Team-Up vol.2 (1997) (8 Spidey books bi-monthly)

* In 1997, Untold Tales of Spider-Man & Spider-Man Team-Up get cancelled * (6 Spidey books bi-monthly)

* In 1998, Spider-Man Unlimited, Spectacular Spider-Man, Sensational Spider-Man & Maevel Team-Up vol.2 get cancelled, Spider-Man renamed Peter Parker: Spider-Man * (2 Spidey books monthly)

12. Webspinners (1999) (3 Spidey books monthly)

* In 2000, Webspinners gets cancelled * (2 Spidey books monthly)

13. Tangled Web (2001) (3 Spidey books monthly)

* In 2003, Tangled Web gets cancelled * (2 Spidey books monthly)

14. Spectacular Spider-Man vol.2 (2003) * replaces Peter Parker: Spider-Man * (2 Spidey books monthly)

15. Spider-Man Unlimited vol.3 (2004) (3 Spidey books bi-monthly) * SU vol.2 was released in 1999 and based on the animated series *

16. Marvel Knights: Spider-Man (2004) (4 Spidey books bi-monthly) * this book is renamed Sensational Spider-Man vol.2 @ issue #23 :huh: *

17. Marvel team-Up vol.3 (2005) (5 Spidey books bi-monthly)

* In 2005, Spectacular Spider-Man vol.2 gets cancelled, possibly paving the way for FNSM months later * (4 Spidey books bi-monthly)

18. Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2005) (5 Spidey books bi-monthly)

* In 2006, Marvel Team-Up vol.3 gets cancelled * (4 Spidey books bi-monthly)

And that's where we stand today.

I didn't include Ultimate Spider-Man, as that title really doesn't count, nor did I count any of the Marvel Age stuff or Spidey Super Stories and Marvel tales and other reprint material and non-continuity stuff.

Hope this helps...

:yay:

I forgot Spider-Man Team-Up, but I've edited my post...

If anyone can think of 616 "in-continuity" Spidey titles I might have forgotten, please let me know.

Sensational V.2 is still going, and is right now doing Spider-Man Unmasked stories along with Friendly Neighbourhood. As far as I know, there is only Amazing Spider-Man, FNSM, and Sensational.

AgentEnforcer said:
Sensational V.2 is still going, and is right now doing Spider-Man Unmasked stories along with Friendly Neighbourhood. As far as I know, there is only Amazing Spider-Man, FNSM, and Sensational.

I don't think that Spider-Man Unlimited vol. 2 has been cancelled as of yet (the last issue came out in July), so there could be one soon.

:huh:

Making it 3 Spidey books coming out monthly and one bi-monthly.

What, TMOB, you're not going to include the mini's? So lazy of you...

I keed, I keed. Awesome post, man. :up:

OH OH! Don't forget "Scarlet Spider", "Scarlet Spider Unlimited", "Amazing Scarlet Spider", "Web of Scarlet Spider", and "Spectacular Scarlet Spider" in 1996 for 2 months (4 months for "Web of") ;)

Aloha,
TMOB. Did you forget that there was a Spider-Man Unlimited v2 in 1999 based upon the forgetful animated series? It ran for 5 issues with a 1/2 issue put out by Wizard. The current Unlimited is v3.Please edit-you know we completists are sticklers for detail:cwink:
Spidey rules
PS If he's asking for all 616 then we must provide the dates for the minis. If he wants ALL titles then we must include the minis, Spidey 2099 and yes the dreaded Ultimate.( I love your disdain for that title). Don't agree but love it just he same.

Donald Thomas said:
Aloha,
TMOB. Did you forget that there was a Spider-Man Unlimited v2 in 1999 based upon the forgetful animated series? It ran for 5 issues with a 1/2 issue put out by Wizard. The current Unlimited is v3.Please edit-you know we completists are sticklers for detail:cwink:
Spidey rules
PS If he's asking for all 616 then we must provide the dates for the minis. If he wants ALL titles then we must include the minis, Spidey 2099 and yes the dreaded Ultimate.( I love your disdain for that title). Don't agree but love it just he same.

Hmmmmmmm... I'll re-edit for the volume 3 part, but I can't include volume 2 in the list due to it being a non-continuity Spider-Book.

Mini-Series??!!?? :wow: :wow: :wow:

* faints *

:csad:

You know... maybe I will add the mini's... give me some time to update my post.

I'll do it next week-ish.

Themanofbat said:
Hmmmmmmm... I'll re-edit for the volume 3 part, but I can't include volume 2 in the list due to it being a non-continuity Spider-Book.

* faints *

Aloha,
Okay. Lets do it like this. ALL Spidey titles within 616 continuity ONLY. No Ultimate,2099,Marvel Age,Marvel Adventures,etc.This should be fun.Is Doc Ock Year One part of continuity or Kingpin? Let the controversy begin:wow:
Spidey rules

Themanofbat said:

* faints *

You made an exhaustive listing TMOB- but one title missing- Giant Size Spider-Man (74-75), with its one shot predecessor, Giant Size Superheroes (1974) released every three months.

Dragon said:
You made an exhaustive listing TMOB- but one title missing- Giant Size Spider-Man (74-75), with its one shot predecessor, Giant Size Superheroes (1974) released every three months.

Yeah... thanks by the way... I always thought of those Giant-Sized books as Annuals, by I guess I can throw them in there.

Donald Thomas said:
Aloha,
Okay. Lets do it like this. ALL Spidey titles within 616 continuity ONLY. No Ultimate,2099,Marvel Age,Marvel Adventures,etc.This should be fun.Is Doc Ock Year One part of continuity or Kingpin? Let the controversy begin:wow:
Spidey rules

You know, I never read the ill-fated Kingpin series, but from what I heard, it went against established continuity...

But having said that, when I do the list with the mini-series, I'm just going to do (for now) Spider-Man mini-series (and possibly graphic novels and one -shots).

The Spider-Man villain mini-series (for example, the Doc Ock mini, the Venom minis, etc...) will not be included.

At this moment.

Themanofbat said:
You know, I never read the ill-fated Kingpin series, but from what I heard, it went against established continuity...

But having said that, when I do the list with the mini-series, I'm just going to do (for now) Spider-Man mini-series (and possibly graphic novels and one -shots).

The Spider-Man villain mini-series (for example, the Doc Ock mini, the Venom minis, etc...) will not be included.

At this moment.

Aloha,
Smart man-but then you know that:cwink:
Spidey rules

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member