What Would You Have Done Different/How Would You Have Changed SS? (SPOILERS)

And why not a better Suicide Squad story like Trial by Fire, Mission to Moscow, or even the William Hell story?

1) Cut the Joker out of the film completely. Have Harley Quinn talk about him throughout the film. Then reveal him in a post-credits scene when he springs Harley.

2) Change the antagonists to Antiphon and ONSLAUGHT, an anti-terrorist organization comprised of metahumans. The purpose of the group is to stage metahuman attacks on populated areas in order to train soldiers for such situations. Only Antiphon has other plans, and the organization goes rogue.

Last edited:
i understand why they made enchantress the villain since she creates the monster people so the squad has a horde of nameless faceless people to mow down for action beats, and to show how bad ass the squad is just like the avengers got ultron robots and the chitauri

but i wish they either developed the character much much more or pick someone else with disposable minions

And why not a better Suicide Squad story like Trial by Fire, Mission to Moscow, or even the William Hell story?

I never read those so can't say if they better or worse but I know assault on Arkham is great and it give all team good scenes and good moments which Suicide Squad movie didn't. It also give good reason for Joker to be there instead of way they just make him trying to follow Harley because he miss her lol.

1) Cut the Joker out of the film completely. Have Harley Quinn talk about him throughout the film. Then reveal him in a post-credits scene when he springs Harley.

2) Change the antagonists to Antiphon and ONSLAUGHT, an anti-terrorist organization comprised of metahumans. The purpose of the group is to stage metahuman attacks on populated areas in order to train soldiers for such situations. Only Antiphon has other plans, and the organization goes rogue.
Agreed.
Watch assault on Arkham movie. Better Suicide Squad movie.
Or alternatively, just do the above.

Any one of these stories would've been preferable to adapting the Incubus storyline. They could've fought the Yakuza, those voodoo gangsters in the LOA, Kobra from the Janus Directive, Diabloverde etc.

Cut Enchantress and her brother completely and have Joker be the villain.

Cut Slipknot and Deadshot's daughter, use that time to develop Boomerang, Croc and Katana.

Hire a better editor.

More Joker have them fight a real world threat of humans who just so happen to be worse than them. Rated R

Eh, you really need Slipknot, because the Suicide Squad isn't the Suicide Squad without an introductory red shirt.

Make a two hour version of Assault of Arkham. It would've been that simple.

I would actually change the whole enchantress thing, doesn't really fit Suicide Squad and instead Suicide Squad have mission to break into building like Kord Enterprises, Queen Industries, Arkham prison and to steal something for Amanda Waller.

Cut Enchantress and her brother completely and have Joker be the villain.

Cut Slipknot and Deadshot's daughter, use that time to develop Boomerang, Croc and Katana.

Hire a better editor.

you need slipknot cause you need to show the squad that waller and her team mean business and that they are not bluffing

so you want to cut out the emotional core of deadshot:huh:

Cut most of the music.

Have the entire event happen over twenty four hours. It went on for three days before the Squad arrived. There was no reason why Wonder Woman or Flash weren't there.

Just opening with Waller's dinner meeting.

Cut the present day Joker scenes or have him abandon Harley for Enchantress. Then he somehow gets Enchantresses powers and have the final battle between the Squad and Emperor Joker.

Last edited:
I'd take away the machine and have Enchantress and Incubus declare Midway City a "microkingdom" for refugees from their little corner of Hell, with any incursions from the US Military being taken as an act of war. I'd keep the idea that Enchantress slipping her leash was Waller's nastiness coming back around. Maybe throw in the violent execution of big business execs responsible for the manufacture of those modern machines Incubus and Enchantress had hateboners for.

Some of the minions would look more like the Sammael from Hellboy. I loved the Hellboy vibes I got from the villains and the squad, so I'd include a more direct reference to the movie.

After Boomerang rejoins, have him say something about going to find "some of the good stuff," meaning the beer he was finishing when he slid into the march next to Harley.

Give Flag the Fortunate Son song. Fits better with him than Croc imo.

My sequel would bring in the LOA voodoo gangsters, touch on the yakuza connection with Katana, and have a couple of squaddies bite the dust on Flag's watch. The threequel would do an updated Mission to Moscow with an opposing metahuman team and touch on Flag's feelings of being inadequate compared to his father. I also liked the redtape storyline where Waller got finagled into helping some guy get reelected.

Last edited:
Change reasons why Task force X squad made. Get rid of Enchantress and Joker. Set movie in Arkham like assault on Arkham movie. Give Croc and Katana and Boomerang more to do.

This. I mean, who the hell thinks that the SS could take on Superman? especially an evil Superman.

^ Give Deadshot bullets laced with kryptonite, Boomerang boomerangs laced with kryptonite, use Enchantress and Katana's sword to exploit Superman's weakness to magic, use Diablo's fire avatar to exploit Superman's weakness to magic. Have Harley and Croc execute someone close to Superman that might give the other squaddies pause; like Martha or Lois, someone close to him.

Let Slipknot distract Supes with the hilarity of his rope gimmick.

I would've sent the squad down to South America to take on Anton Arcane. Go wild and introduce Swamp Thing in the third act setting up a Dark Universe movie.

they needed to show alot more scenes with june and flagg so we get connected to their relationship because flagg crushing enchantress's heart has no emotional impact because flagg and june have like 1 scene alone

we know these were cut
Screen-Shot-2016-01-20-at-8.51.21-AM-1024x484.png

b5aef15a2f085fd3f263b29b26b89fa4.jpg

Not make a Suicide Squad movie until at least five successful DC movies had already come out, taking the insane pressure off a movie starring a bunch of b-list DC characters that should have been a cheaper, simpler, dirtier project.

^ Give Deadshot bullets laced with kryptonite, Boomerang boomerangs laced with kryptonite, use Enchantress and Katana's sword to exploit Superman's weakness to magic, use Diablo's fire avatar to exploit Superman's weakness to magic. Have Harley and Croc execute someone close to Superman that might give the other squaddies pause; like Martha or Lois, someone close to him.

Let Slipknot distract Supes with the hilarity of his rope gimmick.

But if we're talking evil Supes here, he'd kill them all easily, no matter how many Kryptonite bullets they have.

Their world building backfired. They didn't need to tie the squad to Superman at all. That line from the Comic-Con trailer (which was cut) about Superman drawing out more meta-humans would have been more than enough.

Their world building backfired. They didn't need to tie the squad to Superman at all. That line from the Comic-Con trailer (which was cut) about Superman drawing out more meta-humans would have been more than enough.

Exactly. Don't make Superman the threat, make him the beacon.

Good point.

Now that i look back on things. The world building would've cooler if this movie was set before BvS so the invasion would be kinda fresh, and they used batmans post cred scene as an easter egg stinger for his intention of handling superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"