What Would You Have Done Different/How Would You Have Changed SS? (SPOILERS)

MadVillainy

C'mon Son
Reaction score
Check the title, what would you have changed about Suicide Squad?

-Basically I wouldve changed the whole plot. Which is kinda a cop out I guess. I wouldn't have the mission been to get The Enchantress wouldve made it much more low key.
1. Have a macguffin something for CADMUS or a comatose Metahuman (maybe Livewire) that was being transferred somewhere. The macguffin get's stolen
2. Have Waller get the Squad because the mission is too dangerous to send a platoon of soldiers
3. The MacGuffin is also sought after by Deathstroke
4. It's revealed that the Joker has stolen the MacGuffin
5. The finale is a battle between the Squad, Joker's forces, and Deathstroke's team
Introduced new Joker for a future Batman film. Introduced Deathstroke for future use in another Suicide Squad movie or Titans/Teen Titans films. Introduced the Squad. Introduced Livewire for future appearances. Potentially introduced CADMUS for future use.
-Might've switched the team roster a bit. Take out Killer Croc and Katana and put in Cheetah instead

-Or just to keep it simple, I wouldve changed some of the music choices

I'd bomb the room where WB execs meet.

Desperate times and all that... :p

Done away with the supernatural stuff.

Eliminate the twerking.

Check the title, what would you have changed about Suicide Squad?

-Basically I wouldve changed the whole plot. Which is kinda a cop out I guess. I wouldn't have the mission been to get The Enchantress wouldve made it much more low key.
1. Have a macguffin something for CADMUS or a comatose Metahuman (maybe Livewire) that was being transferred somewhere. The macguffin get's stolen
2. Have Waller get the Squad because the mission is too dangerous to send a platoon of soldiers
3. The MacGuffin is also sought after by Deathstroke
4. It's revealed that the Joker has stolen the MacGuffin
5. The finale is a battle between the Squad, Joker's forces, and Deathstroke's team
Introduced new Joker for a future Batman film. Introduced Deathstroke for future use in another Suicide Squad movie or Titans/Teen Titans films. Introduced the Squad. Introduced Livewire for future appearances. Potentially introduced CADMUS for future use.
-Might've switched the team roster a bit. Take out Killer Croc and Katana and put in Cheetah instead

-Or just to keep it simple, I wouldve changed some of the music choices

I agree about changing the entire mission. I think a more covert mission would have just made more sense, not just for the Squad, but for the DCEU in general. I mean, a world ending threat and no sign of Bats/WW/Flash... ANYONE?! That's just irresponsible. And a lot of the deleted scenes I've read about sound like they could've helped the movie at least flesh out some of the characters (Joker, Boomerang, Croc, etc). Actually, I think I would've just left Joker as a flashback character, rather than shoehorn him into the movie. I dunno... Suicide Squad had it's moments, but that's a tough mess to try and clean.

Drop the music selections and the whole "family" aspect. Striving too hard to be GOTG with that. It would have been just as identifiable in context if they came together as a "squad".

Change the story. Make it a smaller scale problem that would better suit and reflect the SS abilities and characters.

Something like they have to infilitrate and recover something important and off the books for Waller.
Something where you see them utilizing their special skills and abilities to succeed in their mission. Like a heist, or break in.
But the Joker gets involved and screws the plan up.

This generic end of world scenario was ridiculous and did not suit the characters etc..
Where was the army? Where was Batman and Wonderwoman?, Flash?Why was it up to a rag tag bunch of criminals to save the world"

I wouldn't let rotten tomato critics pre screen it. Far better than I expected. Is it perfect, no. In a world where studio execs have more power than what fans want, it was a good film.

The mission would have been the first thing to go. I never got the impression that the "particular set of skills" of the Squad were really put to good use. Any armed military team could have broken through the Enchantress' minions to rescue Waller. I would have created a mission that gave the Squad more interesting things to do.

Cut Katana, Flag, Slipknot, Killer Croc, and the Joker completely out of the movie. They were either boring or useless to the overall plot.

Established that Task Force X was already in existence to avoid the origin story of Waller explaining to government brass what she was trying to do.

First scene: a mission that the previous TFX failed to complete due to a metahuman and thus Waller's need to find stronger members.

Plot: Elite members of the society are being kidnapped (Doctors, lawyers, dignitaries, etc) Waller discovers where they are held and that Intergang is responsible. She also discovers Intergang is using weapons of an unknown origin. Waller wants intel on where the weapons come from and why Intergang is kidnapping dignitaries. She sends in the new TFX, the Suicide Squad.

As the Squad works its way through the Intergang minions, they discover Intergang is running experiments on highly intelligent people attempting to unravel and decode the A.L.E. on behalf of "someone else". Waller is revealed to have learned this information previously (thanks to a cameo by Lex Luthor) and has been looking to steal the data and leverage the A.L.E. secrets to protect the world from "the one that's coming".

On the way back to jail, the Squad is ambushed and rescued by a "friend" who has planted a spy within the Squad. The "friend" is revealed to be Vandal Savage. He deactivates their brain bombs and reveals his plans to continue to A.L.E. experiments, including those several high-ranking government officials such as Waller, in order to gain more knowledge to stop the "real threat to humanity".

The Squad is okay with this until they realize that Savage intends to experiment on every man, woman and child on the planet, including everyone they might care about. The Squad realizes that Savage is the metahuman that caused the first TFX to fail. The first TFX refused to sacrifice the world to Savage and fought against him, dying in the process.

They fight back and manage to defeat Savage just before Waller arrives. She tells them they have served humanity well, but it's time to go back to jail until TFX is needed again. As Savage has deactivated their bombs, they rebuff her and laugh, until Waller reveals she still has more leverage against them (Deadshot's daughter, Boomerang's mother, Harley's beloved "Mr. J", etc.) and won't hesitate to kill if necessary. The Squad acquiesces, but promises they will not rest until she is dead.

Anyway, that's what I would do....

I wouldn't let rotten tomato critics pre screen it. Far better than I expected. Is it perfect, no. In a world where studio execs have more power than what fans want, it was a good film.

Rotten Tomatoes does not own critics :loco:. It is a site that aggregates reviews.

You're basically asking for no critics to have seen early screenings of it. That would be shady as hell.

You can't cut Flag out of a Suicide Squad movie, he's the heart and soul of Ostrander's run. Unless of course you want to include Bronze Tiger in his place and or make Deadshot the leader, which isn't in his character to do so. He's the leader of the squad and the film was actually quite faithful to the Rick Flag of the comics, only they kinda briefly touched upon those aspects of his character instead of really digging into what makes him an interesting.

How I'd change things.

. If the Enchantress were to remain the villain, as she's kinda been numerous times in the comics as well as in the film, I'd make the Suicide Squad have to track down Madame Xanadu, as she provides a necklace in the comics that'll rebound the Enchantress' magic if she tries to turn on her comrades. The Joker and his gang could also want this as necklace as well, and joins as a third party competing with the squad to hunt Xanadu and her MacGuffin down. The film would then operate in a similar fashion to one we got, only the Joker part is left intact and the second act features this mission to get the necklace, thereby providing an opportunity for this team to interact with each other.

Or...

. Enchantress isn't the villain at all. She doesn't even have to be in the film (or she can, since she was an original member of the Squad, but I wouldn't.) The SS is assembled to take on a modernized version of the Jihad, where it's just a company or another country who is creating their own meta-human task force to operate in their own national/private interests.

I'd bomb the room where WB execs meet.

Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter.gif

First of all I'd put all the deleted Joker scenes. What they've done is just embarrassing.

But I think the whole setup was all wrong - give them smaller mission, all that CGI, the budget....just too much. Remove Katana - she was pointless.

:lmao:
Lol. Clearly you have no idea.
Firstly, WB are part owners of Rottentomatoes.
2nd. Who are "Rotten tomato critics?

I would make it a hunt for some Macguffin between Deatshtroke and the squad.

Have Deathstroke be the one that killed Katanas husband.

He is at a threat level that should keep the entire squad occupied. (How can you NOT have a scene in it where Deadshot is unloading his full arsenal on Deatshtroke only for Deathstroke to dodge and block all the bullets in it? Just how?)

Make the threat smaller like that. Make the mission just a dirty cover black ops thing that Waller wants to keep off the books.

And the mid credits scene (as much as I liked seeing the characters) was just BS IMO. What did it reveal or tease that we didn't already know?

Instead it could've been that the macguffin turned out to be something or someone from the DC Universe. Maybe even Kara Zor-El. Tying it back to that empty pod Clark found in the scoutship during Man of Steel.

Maybe Waller found her and is trying to recruit her or something. Superman is dead and she located another Kryptonian on earth.

Last edited:
Drop the music selections and the whole "family" aspect. Striving too hard to be GOTG with that. It would have been just as identifiable in context if they came together as a "squad".

YOu know pre release I always thought the GOTG comparison's lame and reaching, but I agree they did try and reach it to be the new Guardians.

There was not a single time during the movie I thought of GotG. I don't remember GotG using rap music, either.

If Cyborg hadn't already a motherbox in him, I think it would have been great to have the Squad going after it. In the same time, Enchanteress would have want the box for her, to trade it with Darkeid and gain a place under his reign.
With this, the film could have had a better place in the progression of this universe.
Batman could have stole the box at the beginning of Justice League, before creating the team to find the others ones.

There was not a single time during the movie I thought of GotG. I don't remember GotG using rap music, either.

It wasn't the type was music it was how they used it. And it wasn't even the music. It was how the characters were used and among other things.
And as I said up to release I thought the comparison was bull. But I heard people making it on here, I heard people leaving the theater comparing the twoo..

But this isn't the thread to debate that

i would have kept the joker only in the flashbacks (they could have been more extensive in that case) and then have him right at the end when he breaks harley out. it would have been more suspenseful and shocking. or had him as the primary antagonist - this half way solution was the least effective.

croc and katana were more or less useless - i would have cut them out ad that would have opened up room for a bit more with boomerang and the others.

enchantress should have been an enemy in the sequel, when they are all close and ****

My main change would be to tell the story in a linear fashion like they obviously originally intended.

Completely change the plot. Smaller scale mission. I love the idea of them, like in Assault on Arkham, having to break into Arkham Asylum to retrieve something. A grounded mission, grounded threats. Drop the supernatural element entirely.

Smaller and different squad. Rick Flag, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, Heat Wave. And then another member who can be blown up to show that the bombs are real. Again, no supernatural stuff. Have Deathstroke also be after whatever the MacGuffin is.

Once they're inside have the Joker essentially act as the primary villain. A breakout happens and **** hits the fan. Could even have Batman show up. Potential for a very crazy and fun third act with the Squad, Joker, Batman, Deathstroke, and a bunch of crazed inmates all coming to blows.

Once they're inside have the Joker essentially act as the primary villain. A breakout happens and **** hits the fan. Could even have Batman show up. Potential for a very crazy and fun third act with the Squad, Joker, Batman, Deathstroke, and a bunch of crazed inmates all coming to blows.

I really don't know why Ayer went the generic Enchantress route in the third act. He probably thought it sounded bad-ass on the page, which it sort of does. It's just... both Ayer and WB dropped the ball in making this something truly unique and crazy. DC has such a rich pool of characters to choose from. Hell, even the characters they did choose were underused. Killer Croc is a legitimate excuse to go CRAZY with the action, have him ripping off limbs and ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"