• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching X-Men First Class as I eat bacon and eggs.

Fast Six. Damn enjoyable.

The Great Gatsby - 8/10

I adored this movie. DiCaprio was perfection as Gatsby, managing to capture both his charisma and his vulnerability. The rest of the cast was excellent as well; even Maguire performed well as Nick. I was actually quite choked up at the end of the movie though I hadn't expected to be.

My only complaints are that the hip hop didn't blend in well, though the other contemporary music selections did. Also, the second half of the film dragged a bit, and I wasn't thrilled t how Jordan's role was diminished.

Absolute garbage, possibly the worst CBM ever. I'm only giving it any marks at all for the pretty Ladies. 2/10

The Great Gatsby - 8/10

I adored this movie. DiCaprio was perfection as Gatsby, managing to capture both his charisma and his vulnerability. The rest of the cast was excellent as well; even Maguire performed well as Nick. I was actually quite choked up at the end of the movie though I hadn't expected to be.

My only complaints are that the hip hop didn't blend in well, though the other contemporary music selections did. Also, the second half of the film dragged a bit, and I wasn't thrilled t how Jordan's role was diminished.

The only real reason I take a star and a half of of what could have been a five star score for me.

Absolute garbage, possibly the worst CBM ever. I'm only giving it any marks at all for the pretty Ladies. 2/10
I actually saw it for free in an empty theater on opening weekend with nothing else to do, and I still almost walked out of the theater halfway through.

And as a fan of Suits, now I realize that this was a huge waste of Gabriel Macht's talent.

Astrø;25967137 said:
Watching X-Men First Class as I eat bacon and eggs.

Mmmm.....

Gamera The Giant Monster (1965)

Astrø;25971683 said:
Super classic. :up:
Verily - the extended version even more so. :up:

worlds_fastest_indian_ver6_zpsddbc9d28.jpg

Themonster1925poster_zps27441b8f.jpg

looper_ver3_zps5fd16383.jpg

the-case-of-the-black-cat-movie-poster-1936-1020452818_zps8d5c27fa.jpg

flash_gordon_zpsedcac492.jpg

spine-tingler-the-william-castle-story_zpsf2d44c06.jpg

phantom_tollbooth_zps7378c198.jpg

'American Reunion'

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully this is the end.

Upside Down - 5/10

Guess the concept was interesting and made for some pretty visuals, but the characters and plot was boring as hell.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

The Hangover

Man, I forgot how good the original actually is. It's great to see Bradley Cooper actually try in a Hangover movie.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters
7.5/10

Only movie I saw from this year, and it's fun
A nice change to the story of young Hansel and Gretel

MV5BMjIzNTA0OTIxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA3MTM2Nw@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

5/10 - Entertaining, some films were artsy, some were funny, some were just meant to push the limit and not creative at all. Worth checking out if you're bored and aren't easily offended.

220px-Paranormal_Activity_4_Poster.jpg

7/10 - I like these movies, big fan of the paranormal in general. A few things really made no sense at all. But it was entertaining and served its purpose. Ready for the 5th one.

MV5BMTkxODAyODMwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk5Nzk2MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

7/10 - Loved this movie the first time. Very terrifying from the standpoint that this could actually happen. Everything was great, with the exception of Liv Tyler who almost ruined this movie single-handedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"