• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Days of Future Past What's your X-film viewing marathon order now?

Dr. Remy Lebeau

The doctor is in chere!
Reaction score
Now that you have seen X-men: DOFP, what order will you sit and watch these films in?

For me, I'm thinking:

1. X-men: First Class
2. X-men
3. X2
4. X3
5. The Wolverine
6. X-men: Days of Future Past

I figure that given the events of DOFP, and the fact that Gambit is going to be reintroduced in Apocalypse and Gambit, Origins is pretty much completely irrelevant. Thus I don't think I'll be seeing it again.

First Class
Origins: Wolverine
X-Men
United
The Last Stand
The Wolverine
Days of Future Past

X-Men
X2
X-Men The Last Stand
The Wolverine (Extended)
X-Men Days of Future Past

I'm doing a reevaluation of FIRST CLASS. It's a film I've always been 50/50 and after witnessing DAYS OF FUTURE PAST four times, I'm even more so. If I were to added to my viewing list, it'd be after THE LAST STAND.

Chronological order with DOFP at the end and any subsequent films after that. DOFP is a reboot of sorts, but also the finale, so needs to go at the end

X1
X2
X3
TW
FC
DoFP

I like that most of you are also choosing to skip Origins.

X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men: The Last Stand
The Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
X-Men: Days of Future Past

1. X3
2. First Class
3. DOFP
4. X1
5. The Wolverine
6. X2

X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, and X-Men: Days of Future Past.

X-Men
X2
X-Men The Last Stand
The Wolverine (Extended)
X-Men Days of Future Past
Howard The Duck

First Class
Origins
X1
X2
X3
The Wolverine
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse

X-men
X2
X-men: First Class
The Wolverine
DOFP

I would never rewatch Origins or X3.

X-Men
X-Men 2: Prequel Comic
X-Men 2
X-Men: The Official Game
The Wolverine

As it is, it's almost as if these were 2 different Trilogies, the original one, and the transitioning. If i saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine it would be before all the others, but i don't think it's worth revisiting, many parts of it enter in conflict with the rest of the Timeline, more so than First Class, and they don't contribute to anything, will all of the post-credit scenes in that film being absolutelly useless.

It's always been the release order for me:
X-Men
X2
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The Wolverine

…for giggles sometimes I do Generation X before X-Men…

Viewing Order 1

X-Men
X2
The Last Stand
First Class
The Wolverine
Days of Future Past

Viewing Order 2: Non Solo Films

X-Men
X2
The Last Stand
First Class
Days of Future Past

Viewing Order 3: The Singer Trilogy

X-Men
X2
Days of Future Past

Sadly, TLS is just too important to ignore, while Origins is extremely easy to ignore.

I watch them in the order in which they were released, yeah that's right I'm not as hung up on continuity issues when it comes to movie sequels/prequels and the same goes for all other franchises:

For me it's Raiders Of The Lost Ark and then Temple Of Doom. The same way with Star Wars, I watch them as episodes IV, V, VI, I, II, III.

X-Men
X2: X-Men United
The Wolverine

X-Men Origins: Wolverine can go to hell.

X-Men
X2: X-Men United
The Wolverine

X-Men Origins: Wolverine can go to hell.
I was watching it on TV the other day and it isn't all that bad as I remember when it first came out, it still has cameos of various X-Men even if they're not faithful to the comic.

Now The Wolverine on the other hand wasn't to my liking, I think because the movie didn't take place in the United States, I hate when movies have to change settings when I prefer the action taking place in the good 'ol U.S. of A.

It will go like this from now on

First Class
X-Men
X2
Days of Future Past

I was watching it on TV the other day and it isn't all that bad as I remember when it first came out, it still has cameos of various X-Men even if they're not faithful to the comic.

Now The Wolverine on the other hand wasn't to my liking, I think because the movie didn't take place in the United States, I hate when movies have to change settings when I prefer the action taking place in the good 'ol U.S. of A.

notsureifserious.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"