When are we going to see the Frank Miller graphic novel?

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
Not to nag, but when are we here in the UK going to see the much touted Frank Miller graphic novel in which the Caped Crusader takes on Al Qaeda?

Terry

With all the film work he has ahead of him, my guess would be 2008 at the earliest.

Whenever he finishes the All-Star series...................................which means never.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Whenever he finishes the All-Star series...................................which means never.
It's so embarrassing for that to be a Batman title, you know?

For all we know he's done with All-Star.
He has the second Sin City movie, plus the Spirit movie to work on.
I do think he's already working on Holy Terror, Batman though, and I can't wait.

the Canadian television station SPACE recently aired an interview with Miller where he showcased some of the artwork from Holy Terror. can't seem to find it on their site though.

He already started working on Holy Terror a while ago.
I remember a video that interviewed him and he also showed some of his artwork for it.
I don't have that video anymore...

It will be solicited and released when its ALL finished.
And I think bashing Miller is now cliche...it's like bashing Byrne or liefeld.
People like to talk crap about him but I bet EVERYONE will still read this book.

K.B. said:
It will be solicited and released when its ALL finished.
And I think bashing Miller is now cliche...it's like bashing Byrne or liefeld.
People like to talk crap about him but I bet EVERYONE will still read this book.

Unlike Byrne or Liefield though, Miller's work is still poignant.

Byrne had some good stuff and Liefeld (like it or not ) at one time was important to comics.
What all 3 have in common is that at one time were top people who meant something but have since let they're work plumett into crap over the years. (Though some will say Liefeld's been there since day one.)

I had heard he was working on Holy Terror way back at a comic con, I'd love to see what's going on with that. I love Miller. I didn't even know he was doing a Spirit movie. That's Eisner right? I've never read his stuff is it really good? Or is it that it was very significant, because saying something is significant is often like saying, it's not good but I'm too scared to say so. If it's good I'd really like to read it.

The latest buzz:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/745/745674p1.html

Exclusive: Frank Miller Readies Batman Vs. Osama and Sin City 2
Both projects nearly ready to go.
by Scott Collura

November 13, 2006 - Comics legend Frank Miller was in New York today to participate in a Q&A for Warner Bros.' upcoming 300, an adaptation of his Dark Horse comic book (click here to read more about that project). IGN Movies caught up with Miller — ran down the hallway with him, actually, as he exited the event — to briefly discuss a couple of his upcoming projects.

The writer-artist informed us that he has not quite finished work on his much-anticipated Batman Vs. Osama bin Laden graphic novel, which was first announced almost a year ago. The bat-light at the end of the tunnel can now be seen for the project, however.

"I've got about 50 pages left to draw," says Miller. "It's a 200-page book, and mostly I've been tied up with the movie stuff which is much more deadline sensitive. But when I get a break, I jump back in on it."

Miller explains that even though the project is being completed in fits and starts, it won't affect the artwork of the book "because the story determines the look more than the breaks factor."

As to whether or not the story will take place in the "real world," Miller responds that, "It's going to be based in Gotham City. It'll be Batman versus al Qaeda." So will Bats go mano a mano against Osama himself? "Oh, I can't say…" teases the author.

Yeah..batman vs. bin laden...real poingnient stuff.

This was supposed to be Miller's best work since DK and Y1, but now I'm not so sure anymore. He seems to be too busy with Hollywood to deliver polished artwork and a solid story line.

Cobblepot said:
This was supposed to be Miller's best work since DK and Y1, but now I'm not so sure anymore. He seems to be too busy with Hollywood to deliver polished artwork and a solid story line.

That's pretty presumptous to say,considering you haven't read it.Why don't you wait and read it first before forming an opinion.

Also, Miller started this a while back-prior to the Hollywood stuff.

silentflute said:
That's pretty presumptous to say,considering you haven't read it.

I'm not saying, I was just thinking out loud.
But I know that's the reason Allstar is lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"