Frank Miller's Holy Terror

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Frank Miller's Holy Terror coming up Next Year!

More than three months after confirming that his long-discussed Holy Terror graphic novel no longer involves Batman fighting Al Qaeda, Frank Miller has revealed who's taking the Dark Knight's place.
"The character is called The Fixer and he's very much an adventurer who's been essentially searching for a mission," he tells Hero Complex. "He's been trained as special ops and when his city is attacked all of a sudden all the pieces fall into place and all this training comes into play. He's been out there fighting crime without really having his heart in it -- he does it to keep in shape. He's very different than Batman in that he's not a tortured soul. He's a much more well-adjusted creature even though he happens to shoot 100 people in the course of the story."
Miller says that Holy Terror, which was announced in 2006 (as a Batman project from DC Comics), will be released "next year, certainly," although he hasn't signed a publisher. He also addresses the leeriness of DC Comics executives, and his reasons for replacing the Caped Crusader with the new character.
"I pushed Batman as far as he can go and after a while he stops being Batman," he says. "My guy carries a couple of guns and is up against an existential threat. He's not just up against a goofy villain. Ignoring an enemy that's committed to our annihilation is kind of silly. It just seems that chasing the Riddler around seems silly compared to what's going on out there. I've taken Batman as far as he can go."

While abit bummed about no Batman story, this Fixer guy seems intriquing enough. :)

I had more interest when it was part of Frank Miller´s dark knight universe.

I'm going to buy the hell out of this.

It certainly doesn't sound as tasteless as Batman fighting Al-Qaeda, but Miller's totally lost his ****. But maybe it will have some of the so-bad-it's-good moments that All-Star Batman did (which were unfortunately sandwiched between moments of cringeworthy awfulness).

Euuuuuchhhh.... What can I say? Miller's modern-day mediocrity bamboozles me.

It hink it's funny that he says he is leery of DC Publishers when really they should be leery of him :awesome:

So its a graphic novel.. as in a hardcover/softcover? Not like single issues right...

Frank Miller's Holy Terror coming this September!
2dtroyf.jpg

So he replaces Batman with a CIA agent, who dresses up as a superhero?! Legendary Comics is publishing this hardcover for 29.99$

And I was starting to worry that this was never going to see the light of day. I can't refuse Miller more completely absurd superheroes.

Last edited:
I'm glad he removed Batman from the equation, at least.

Miller is a psychopath and I do love psychopaths

Interesting... I didn't know Bob Shreck was fired over ASB&R. I'm sure this new Miller project is sure to piss a lot of people off. :whatever: :cwink:

Interesting... I didn't know Bob Shreck was fired over ASB&R. I'm sure this new Miller project is sure to piss a lot of people off. :whatever: :cwink:

wait so will we ever see dark knight boy wonder? That's been my most anticipated book since forever

Yeah you and me both. I twitter-ed Jim Lee twice and asked him if All-Star Batman & Robin was dead. He never responded. And I never twitter. :dry:

The title loses its charm now that Batman isn't involved.

yeah well I'm kinda surprised that Miller didn't just wait until the powers-that-be changed their minds and let him use Batman. Surely he had the artwork already done?

yeah well I'm kinda surprised that Miller didn't just wait until the powers-that-be changed their minds and let him use Batman. Surely he had the artwork already done?

Paul Levitz has said no to alot of violent things, maybe if he had asked now with Didio and Lee in charge it could have happened, because he had drawn like half of the Batman comic, so he started from scratch more or less with this book. I'm personally gonna read it and see if i can use the power of imagination and make it work for his Miller-verse of Batman, obviously Fixer is using guns and will murder terrorists, but at the core of the book it's gonna be intriquing. Still witha 29.99$ price count it better be a long book.

Inasmuch as this book wasn't already completely stupid in 2006 - which it was - in 2011, it is completely, completely stupid.

what we need is a hero who can really ~go after~ al qaeda

not like

you know

the team of seals that just killed the leader of al qaeda

Inasmuch as this book wasn't already completely stupid in 2006 - which it was - in 2011, it is completely, completely stupid.

Aren't a lot of comic books? :huh: Just don't buy it.

Press Release is up!

Official Press Release
LEGENDARY COMICS TO PUBLISH HOLY TERROR GRAPHIC NOVEL BY RENOWNED COMICS CREATOR FRANK MILLER
Comic Scheduled for September 14, 2011 Release
Burbank, CA – June 28, 2011 – Legendary Comics has partnered with Frank Miller, the iconic writer and artist of SIN CITY, 300 and THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, to publish HOLY TERROR, a dark, uncompromising superhero tale for the modern era. The announcement was made today by Bob Schreck, Editor-in-Chief of Legendary Comics.
In HOLY TERROR, join The Fixer, a brand new, hard-edged hero as he battles terror. The graphic novel is a no-holds-barred action thriller told in Miller’s trademark high-contrast, black-and-white visual style, which seizes the political zeitgeist by the throat and doesn’t let go until the last page.
“It has been my extreme pleasure and honor to have worked so closely with Frank for over 20 years now,” says Schreck. “HOLY TERROR finds Frank at the top of his game. A fast paced, biting commentary on our uncertain and volatile times, told with some of the most gut-wrenching, iconic images he's ever produced.”
HOLY TERROR is a 120 page hardcover graphic novel with spot-color interiors presented in a 10 x 13 landscape format. Distributed by Diamond Books, HOLY TERROR retails for $29.99 and will be in stores on September 14.
About Frank Miller
Frank Miller is one of the seminal creative talents who sparked today’s onslaught of motion pictures featuring comic book characters & concepts. He single-handedly re-defined the presentation of comic book characters and heroic fiction with his grand-daddy of graphic novels, THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and his other graphic novels, turned box-office hits, include 300 and SIN CITY (the film version of which Miller co-directed with Robert Rodriguez), proving that success does not always come wrapped in spandex. Miller also created RONIN, and wrote BATMAN: YEAR ONE, BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN, and ALL-STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN THE BOY WONDER, all for DC Comics, and THE BIG GUY AND RUSTY THE BOY ROBOT, HARD BOILED, and MARTHA WASHINGTON, at Dark Horse Comics. The motion picture, THE SPIRIT, marked Miller's solo feature film directorial debut.

I dont know if anyone else has seen the movie "unthinkable" with Samuel L jackson but it deals with Terrorism and the extremes that governments go to fight it. It got me thinking about this project. Maybe we need this kind of thing right now, we live in an age where terrorism is a huge threat, where people who hate western culture do everything in their power to kill innocents and cause suffering. it may not be a black and white issue,but these groups are acting like real life supervillains, so I think maybe having this fictional superhero fight these guys might be a great form of escapism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"