When the Droids locked the door in episode IV.

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm surprised with as much as the Empire wanted to find the Droids in A New Hope that when the Droids hid in that one place and locked the doors that the StormTroopers just moved on, and didn't blast the door open.

I guess they were in a hurry and didn't want to make a big scene but I always think that they should've been blasting doors open trying to find them.:word:

How about, why did they leave a giant exposed hole in the Death Star where if you shoot into it, the whole base will explode? :huh:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
How about, why did they leave a giant exposed hole in the Death Star where if you shoot into it, the whole base will explode? :huh:

What's the harm in that? It would be like...a one in a million shot. Nobody would EVER be able to hit it.

:dew: .

no one who didn't have practice targeting womprats in their T-16 back home...crap

Wilhelm-Scream said:

Photon Torpedos are better than you:huh:

"Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms." - Randall

Morgoth said:
I'm surprised with as much as the Empire wanted to find the Droids in A New Hope that when the Droids hid in that one place and locked the doors that the StormTroopers just moved on, and didn't blast the door open.

I guess they were in a hurry and didn't want to make a big scene but I always think that they should've been blasting doors open trying to find them.:word:
Consider this......the Stormtroopers of "A New Hope" are no longer the efficient killing machine "Clone Troopers" of the prequels. The immediate need of a tough disciplined, ask no questions, follow all orders, perfect military man Army....is over. The cost of cloning is expensive, but the initial Army was needed to overthrow the Republic. By the time of "The New Hope"...the Emperor needed a massive "occupation" force. For this he needed manpower....not high priced, efficient, great shots, proficient in military tactics clones....but low waged, fair shots, suit filling, out of work humans. Thus.....as Tantooine was unoccupied by the "Republic" in TPM....in ANH the "Empire" has set up rudemintary bases in this remote outpost. And what do you staff a remote outpost with....the best troops, or the dregs? So....most, if not all of the indiginous Troopers on the planet are the screwups, badapples, jailhouse rejects, and goofoffs of the Empirial Forces. So...not only could they not hit the side of a barn with a baseball from 3 feet away....but going door to door looking for some stupid droids just because that geek from the inner rim popped into town and said to, was interrupting their beer and chips time.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
How about, why did they leave a giant exposed hole in the Death Star where if you shoot into it, the whole base will explode?
It was a small hole that was only noticeable because of the stolen plans.

What about that Vader would NEVER consider going back to where his mother lived after she married Cliegg Lars (the moisture farm) to see if anyone was still around, especially a....hummmm....SON??? :)

Those stormtroopers were just small squad of troopers doing some reconnaissance. They'd need a bigger group to go busting into homes swat style like at the beginning.

C. Lee said:
Still, was it like where they dumped their poop out or something?:huh:

probably. It's a fact that everything has a vulnerablility, I think.

Addendum said:
"Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms." - Randall
HEAR HEAR! :woot:

C. Lee said:
Consider this......the Stormtroopers of "A New Hope" are no longer the efficient killing machine "Clone Troopers" of the prequels. The immediate need of a tough disciplined, ask no questions, follow all orders, perfect military man Army....is over. The cost of cloning is expensive, but the initial Army was needed to overthrow the Republic. By the time of "The New Hope"...the Emperor needed a massive "occupation" force. For this he needed manpower....not high priced, efficient, great shots, proficient in military tactics clones....but low waged, fair shots, suit filling, out of work humans. Thus.....as Tantooine was unoccupied by the "Republic" in TPM....in ANH the "Empire" has set up rudemintary bases in this remote outpost. And what do you staff a remote outpost with....the best troops, or the dregs? So....most, if not all of the indiginous Troopers on the planet are the screwups, badapples, jailhouse rejects, and goofoffs of the Empirial Forces. So...not only could they not hit the side of a barn with a baseball from 3 feet away....but going door to door looking for some stupid droids just because that geek from the inner rim popped into town and said to, was interrupting their beer and chips time.

Well said. Tee Hee.:woot:

C. Lee said:

But where were their best troops ever? :yay:

In Return, Palpatine tells Luke that a legion of his "best troops" awaits his friends on Endor, yet these best troops get pwned by some teddy bears waving sharp sticks and yelling nub nub. I like to think that his ship carrying his best troops got mixed up with the ship carrying the noobtroopers, and that the noobtroopers got accidently sent to Endor while the best troopers went to some backwoods planet to sit around some dumb base all day answering phones. Of course, since the second Death Star was blown up -- ironically in a similar way to the first one which was because of a vulnerability to SMALL fighters -- the Imperial dude who screwed up the orders died and so no one ever was wiser about the tens of thousands of sharpshooting badasses sitting on Planet BFE.

Morgoth said:

it will be corrected by CGI in the next starwars special edition dvd

cryptic name said:
no one who didn't have practice targeting womprats in their T-16 back home...crap
lol thats so geeky that you know that!!!

sadly...I knew it too :ninja:

7Hells said:
lol thats so geeky that you know that!!!

sadly...I knew it too :ninja:
C'mon, it's a comic book web site, we all knew that! LOL!:woot:

SolidSnakeMGS said:
But where were their best troops ever? :yay:

In Return, Palpatine tells Luke that a legion of his "best troops" awaits his friends on Endor, yet these best troops get pwned by some teddy bears waving sharp sticks and yelling nub nub. I like to think that his ship carrying his best troops got mixed up with the ship carrying the noobtroopers, and that the noobtroopers got accidently sent to Endor while the best troopers went to some backwoods planet to sit around some dumb base all day answering phones. Of course, since the second Death Star was blown up -- ironically in a similar way to the first one which was because of a vulnerability to SMALL fighters -- the Imperial dude who screwed up the orders died and so no one ever was wiser about the tens of thousands of sharpshooting badasses sitting on Planet BFE.
Just as the "Death Star"...a moon sized space station that was the ultimate weapon...was indefensible to small one man fighters....the ultimate soldier, The Imperial Clone Trooper Shock Troops...were indefensible to the small Ewoks. The troopers (who constantly trained to take on the biggest and baddest adversaries in the universe) were bamboozeled by the diminuative hirsute rodents with spears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"