• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where do you stand politcally?

Jourmugand said:
Since when did American politics get so complicated?I learned there was only a Republican and Democrat,now there are sub-categories?

Yep. The Republicans and Democrats are somewhat splitting off into factions now. The leadership of the Republicans have basically rejected the liberal members of the party (except for Rudy Gulliani) and the Democrats have basically rejected the conservative members of the party. I won't be surprised when a third center party forms.

blind_fury said:
Tell that to the millions of trust fund babies.

They were born lucky. Very, very lucky, but somewhere down the line, a member of the family earned that money.

Immortalfire said:
I'm everything you hate. White, southern Christian Republican. Cower before me. :hyper:

THANK GOODNESS!!! I'm not alone on this board!!!:word:

pretty conservative.....except when it comes to guns. guns should not be so easily accessible in the US.

Liberal democrat and damn proud of it. Its sad how conservatives treat the word liberal.

Extremely liberal independent. I refuse to belong to the centrist Democratic party.

Allow me to put it this way, I am somewhere inbetween Ted Kennedy and Che Guevara.

'Liberal Republican' is a bit of a contradiction don't you think? :p

Sunstar said:

It is, but politics is a series of contradictions really.

I'm apolitical.

I don't care what you do, just leave me and the people I care about the hell alone.

The Riddler said:
my position depends on the issue.

Mine too. However on most issues I side with liberals.

Illegal immigration, gun control and affirmative action are issues I clash with liberals on and agree with the conservative position. although in the case of illegal immigration and affirmative action at least, my REASON for feeling the way I do is different from conservatives I think.

SuperFerret said:
I'm apolitical.

I don't care what you do, just leave me and the people I care about the hell alone.

You sound like a libertarian. What would you do if they enstated a draft? Would get involved in politics then?

SuperFerret said:
I'm apolitical.

Thats fine and dandy, but I'd like to point out you live in a civilization, you're not a bedouin. See, you may not like politics however politicians pass laws which can and do affect you and the people you care about. So you see, being apolitical just sounds nice but its not very wise IMO. Can't bury your head in the sand.

Maxwell Smart said:
Mine too. However on most issues I side with liberals.

Illegal immigration, gun control and affirmative action are issues I clash with liberals on and agree with the conservative position. although in the case of illegal immigration and affirmative action at least, my REASON for feeling the way I do is different from conservatives I think.
i, too, lean towards liberalism, though i don't always agree on all issues.

I'd probably rate my self more libertarian than conservative.

hippie_hunter said:
You are conservative :o

I'm very conservative, but I personally don't care what people do with their lives as long as I'm not required to help them pick up the pieces afterward.

where do I stand politically??

On my convictions. :D

Sunstar said:

Isn't "Conservative Democrat" the same type of contradiciton :o

But nothing is worse than being a gay Republican, that's just shooting yourself in the foot there (*cough*Lynn Cheney*cough*)

The fact is that there is a liberal faction of the Republican Party and a conservative faction of the Democratic Party and they are being heavily ignored by their parties leaders.

I don't understand why people complain about the Democrats and Republicans being liberal and conservative, they're supposed to be. The problem is we only have 2 parties. In this country there are centrists, moderate liberals, moderate conservatives and far left wingers & far right wingers. It would make more sense to have a multi-party system IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"