Which do you prefer ? MCU characters vs Comic book versions

To be honest, I think a grim, deadly serious Thor would have fallen flat, or at least felt very out of place in the MCU, which seems to maintain its sense of humour even in the context of genocide (e.g. the ending of GOTG).
I never suggested that. Have you even watched EMH?
He's such a motivational speaker with this actually god-like air to him.

While his films have been very entertaining, they also play to something unique and intrinsic to NZ culture (particularly Boy and Wilderpeople). But hey, who knows. I thought Scott Derrickson would suck rocks, as the director of Dr Strange, and was very happy to be utterly wrong.
Derrickson's ok. Just wished he had better writers to compliment his direction.

Will Taika's humour be a bit too zany, even for MCU Thor ? Guess we'll wait and see.
I equate him to another Edgar Wright-type. No way I'm missing out on what he's cooking up with Ragnarok.

On a related note, unlike many, I quite liked Thor TDW. I thought it had some weaknesses, but was a lot of fun.
Apart from Loki, eh.

Apart from Loki, eh.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or whatever, but Loki was the most fun part of Thor TDW, I thought Hiddleston made that movie - it's a role he only gets better and better in.

As for EMH, seen some of it and it didn't do much for me. I like the GOTG cartoon (it's a guilty pleasure) but have always preferred DC's animated stuff, both films and series - and found them far superior to Marvel's.

For some reason Batman and Superman and the rest of DC's main lineup translate seamlessly into cartoon characters but DC really struggles with them in a live action form - which IMO is the complete opposite for Marvel, I find their cartoon characters generic and boring but the live action ones just get better and better. Perhaps the reason I like the DC CW shows (and I don't mind Supergirl) is that they are slightly cartoony, and don't take themselves seriously.

While they aren't strictly Marvel characters (at least in the big screen sense)
I would suggest that the big screen versions of Professor X and Magneto have been at least as good as their comic book counterparts (although the messed up timelines of the X movies are a bit well.....messy).

I think casting has had a lot to do with it, and I'm a bit sad to see Patrick Stewart step down as Xavier - a role he was almost born to play, he had the look and the mannerisms that I always imagined Professor X to have. As for Magneto, both McKellen and Fassbender imbued him with a kind of wounded nobility that I always felt the character showed (well, when he was written well, anyway). Best frenemy relationship in comics and movies ever.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or whatever, but Loki was the most fun part of Thor TDW, I thought Hiddleston made that movie - it's a role he only gets better and better in.

As for EMH, seen some of it and it didn't do much for me. I like the GOTG cartoon (it's a guilty pleasure) but have always preferred DC's animated stuff, both films and series - and found them far superior to Marvel's.
Again, I think you're misunderstanding what I post.
Loki was about the only noteworthy aspect of TDW.

Marvel had an animated hot streak, their own comparable to Timm-verse from abut Spectacular to EMH.
I guess those shows were too much of a good thing to last properly. :o
That GOTG cartoon is based off the movie. I still prefer those '08 comics and even their brief cameos on EMH.

Getting pretty off-topic with the rest.
Marvel or DC, the best adaptations have and will always wind up being animated because the transition from comics to cartoon isn't nearly as much of hurdle to suspend disbelief.

Again, I think you're misunderstanding what I post.
Loki was about the only noteworthy aspect of TDW.

Marvel had an animated hot streak, their own comparable to Timm-verse from abut Spectacular to EMH.
I guess those shows were too much of a good thing to last properly. :o
That GOTG cartoon is based off the movie. I still prefer those '08 comics and even their brief cameos on EMH.

Getting pretty off-topic with the rest.
Marvel or DC, the best adaptations have and will always wind up being animated because the transition from comics to cartoon isn't nearly as much of hurdle to suspend disbelief.

Yup, didn't understand you there at all. I would agree that Loki was the best part of Thor TDW, but to be honest I still don't think it's that bad a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"