Which Marvel characters would work well in the DCU?

King Ruler

Sidekick
Reaction score
Which Marvel characters would you have preferred to be in the DCU and how do you think that would effect things?

Me, for one, I would've loved to/can see Daredevil and his respective allies apart of the DCU (like Stick, Elektra and such). That would've been great.

(I wonder if he really was apart of the DCU, would he have been affected by the whole demon transformation thing that happened to Blue and Kid Devil? I can just see Matt as an actual devil now. That might've been cool).

I could also see the Punisher in there as well.

If you're gonna have Charles, you might as well throw in the X-Men, which would seem useless seeing as how metahumans aka mutants are pretty accepted in the DCU.

But Wolverine would be pretty badass. I could see him being apart of Checkmate or something.

Well the problem with transfering most of the Marvel heroes to the DCU is power levels. think of the big names in the DCU versus the bignames in the 616. Hulk or Thor... Thor could make it, but Hulk would be difficult due to his aggressive tendancies. big names in DCU don't tend to be anti-heroes like Marvel's.

i think wonderman would work in the DCU,as would Thor,Dr.Strange,silver surfer and i also think union jack would work well in the DCU too.

Well the problem with moving Dr. Strange (Or even Namor) over to the DCU would of course be their counter parts already in existances (Respectively; Dr. Fate and Aquaman)

very true,but they would still work though..

i think black panther would be good in DCU too,a great challenge for batman..he could be mistaken for wildcat at first too,would be an interesting storyline.

I think it would be retconned into Bruce's past that he studied in Wakanda (the Bat-fans will demand that he be better than BP of course).

Now, this is my understanding, but I don't know DC comics. Wouldn't Namor just totally OWN Aquaman? I mean, just put him over his knee, remove his head and lodge it in his sphincter?

Now are we talking about a thing where they literally leave the 616 and somehow wind up in the current DCU or are we doing a retcon to make them kind of appear out of no where in the DCU (Squadron Supreme style)

Zoken said:
Now are we talking about a thing where they literally leave the 616 and somehow wind up in the current DCU or are we doing a retcon to make them kind of appear out of no where in the DCU (Squadron Supreme style)

I'm taking it to mean like Captain Atom in Armageddon if that helps :confused:

- Whirly

It does not help at all.

I am strictly a Marvel reader (Out of blind and idiotic brand loyalty that I know is just ridiculous.)

Zoken said:
It does not help at all.

I am strictly a Marvel reader (Out of blind and idiotic brand loyalty that I know is just ridiculous.)

Fair enough. Basically Atom has transferred to the Wildstorm Universe and can't get back, he has all his old memories and powers, but may have to make a new life in the Wildstorm Universe.

- Whirly

So basically they somehow get vomitted from 616 to DCU, okay. kind of a "Castaway" type thing. I like. Namor or Hulk would definitely be good then, the two of them are strong characters that would definitely show up on the radar of the Big namers. Namor, his arrogance getting the better of him, might try to steal Aquaman's atlantis (I do believe that in the 616 atlantis is gone, I could be wrong). and Hulk just... being classic hulk."

Zoken said:
So basically they somehow get vomitted from 616 to DCU, okay. kind of a "Castaway" type thing. I like. Namor or Hulk would definitely be good then, the two of them are strong characters that would definitely show up on the radar of the Big namers. Namor, his arrogance getting the better of him, might try to steal Aquaman's atlantis (I do believe that in the 616 atlantis is gone, I could be wrong). and Hulk just... being classic hulk."

I think those scenarios would work excellently.

I think Surfer would work well also, he might consider it a fresh start in a place where he was not the herald to numerous worlds deaths. It might be fascinating.

- Whirly

I have read somethign similar to this on FF.Net, Ult. Spidey is tossed into the TV JL universe.

I think this might be an interesting fate for Scarlet Spider, instead of having died, he just wound up in the DCU. now, severly underpowered by DC standards, he does have the advantage of brains and skill (All of Peter's).

Zoken said:
I have read somethign similar to this on FF.Net, Ult. Spidey is tossed into the TV JL universe.

I think this might be an interesting fate for Scarlet Spider, instead of having died, he just wound up in the DCU. now, severly underpowered by DC standards, he does have the advantage of brains and skill (All of Peter's).

He's still more powered than many in DC like Batman etc.

- Whirly

Yes, but remember that Batman is a friggin Billionaire and a genius, Ben's just a genius (He could get hired on at Wayne Tech). But Think about the big names; Flash, Wonder Woman, Super-Man, etc. they are all incredibly highly powered. very few Marvel characters posses as much power. although this would be a good opportunity for commentary;

Ben: dresses in red, white and blue, calls herself Wonder Woman... I'm sorry, how exactly is all of that greek?

Ben: Super... Man... And I thought Pete had come up with a lame name.

Ben: Listen, Wally, if we put you on a tredmill, the city of Las Vegas would never have to worry about brown outs again.
Wally: The city of what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"