Which Marvel movie was your favorite in 2014

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Which Marvel movie was your favorite in 2014?

1. Big Hero 6

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

TWS,DOFP and GOTG are pretty much on par for me. ASM2 is the only disappointment of this year.

Pretty sure he means Marvel as in Marvel Studios. Though I am not sure how much involvement they actually had on BH6.

I enjoyed all of these movies, and I admit it was a real treat to be able to take my kid to BH6. Very entertaining. As was Guardians, though to me, personally, not my favorite.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was everything I hoped it would be, and it's been a few years since I could say that about a CBM.

If we're talking just Marvel Studios then it's a tie between Guardians of the Galaxy & Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I love pretty much everything about both movies & neither disappointed me. In fact, both were a million times better than anything I was even expecting.

Gotg for me.Had great fun at it and laughed more at it than some comedy movies!The action was top notch while the story still made sense.Only thing lacking was a good villain.

It's a shame xmen days of future past and spiderman couldn't also be on the list because it would be interesting to see what the order is.

I mean, I loved days of future past but I adored the winter soldier so it was my favourite of the year

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Very good movie. :up: Cheers.

Guardians of the Galaxy are you kidding me

I've seen GOTG and CA:TWS multiple times now that i own them on BR and I would say I like them in that order. My opinion could change with Multiple viewing of big Hero 6

Cap 2. Easily my favorite MCU entry and possibly my #1 cbm.

I like Guardians but having had the chance to watch it a few times at home now the fluffiness of it irks me a little. It's alright if that's just the Guardians (and Gunn's) style but I hope that's not the direction other properties will be taking in the wake of it's success & acclaim (not that I'm expecting a lot of cutesy humor from Ultron)

Did not see Big Hero 6 but am looking forward to it.

If we're talking just Marvel Studios then it's a tie between Guardians of the Galaxy & Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I love pretty much everything about both movies & neither disappointed me. In fact, both were a million times better than anything I was even expecting.

I second that GoTG was tremendous, entertaining fun and I liked all the characters. CATWS was the movie of the year. DoFP was a disappointment for me, but CATWS more than made up for it.

Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier

A tie between Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. They switch back and forth depending on my mood.

I will admit Captain America: Winter Soldier was perfect as far as CBM movies go, you had everyone from Anthony Mackie right down to the legendary Robert Redford in there as one of the main villains as well as Sam Jackson back in all his glory as Nick Fury and Black Widow, Cap and Bucky/Winter Soldier yes this movie had it all

Guardians of the Galaxy, hands down. But Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a very close second.

Cap 2. IMO it's the best film I've seen this year(granted, 95% of movies I let go by without seeing them ever and most BP nominees fall into that category). Easily the best superhero film of the year and just edges out DotPotA for the blockbuster of the year.

Cap 2. IMO it's the best film I've seen this year(granted, 95% of movies I let go by without seeing them ever and most BP nominees fall into that category). Easily the best superhero film of the year and just edges out DotPotA for the blockbuster of the year.

I agree, kedrell. Cheers.

Cap 2 was almost flawless. That takes the cake for me.

Cap 2 was my favorite. Big Hero 6 and GotG were both great as well though.

Marvel was lights out this year. All three films in this poll were fantastic but Winter Soldier takes the cake easily IMO. Best CBM of the year.

it all comes down to different tastes, both were great movies, but I have problems with the sudden shift from tight scriptet espionage thriller to a rather standard 'let's blow things up' in TWS. The 3rd act - the Helicarrier sequence, in that aspect, was a bit silly. Therefore, I voted for GOTG

it all comes down to different tastes, both were great movies, but I have problems with the sudden shift from tight scriptet espionage thriller to a rather standard 'let's blow things up' in TWS. The 3rd act - the Helicarrier sequence, in that aspect, was a bit silly. Therefore, I voted for GOTG

Interesting. That's a complaint I've not heard. I thought the third act was fantastic and the build up seemed pretty seamless to me. The confrontation between Steve and Bucky on the helicarrier was one of the best moments in the entire MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"