Which of these 10 doomed films do you wish really happened?

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
1. Wolfgang Petersen's Batman vs. Superman
Jude Law as Superman, Colin Farrell as Batman

2. Tim Burton's Superman Lives
Starring Nicolas Cage as Superman, written by Kevin Smith
Was to have a cameo by Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne

3. Joel Schumacher's Batman Triumphant
Was to potentially star Madonna as Harley Quinn, and Howard Stern as The Scarecrow, featuring the return of Jack Nicholson as The Joker through hallucination.

4. J.J. Abrams' Superman: Flyby
Brett Ratner was set to direct
Josh Hartnett and Jude Law were approached for Superman

5. Darren Aronofsky's Batman: Year One
Written by Aronofsky and Frank Miller

6. George Miller's Justice League: Mortal
Armie Hammer as Batman
DJ Cotrona as Superman
Megan Gale as Wonder Woman
Adam Brody as The Flash
Common as Green Lantern

7. George A. Romero's Resident Evil
Romero wrote a script which was turned down. The studio went with Paul WS Anderson instead. The film was rumored to star Jason Patric as Chris Redfield and Jennifer Love-Hewitt as Jill Valentine.
Script: http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/resident_evil_romero.html

8. Christopher Nolan's Third Batman Film
If Heath Ledger reprised his role as The Joker

9. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4
Anne Hathaway as Black Cat, John Malkovich as The Vulture

10. Tim Burton's Batman 3
Michael Keaton as Batman
Rumored to star Robin Williams as The Riddler, Marlon Wayans as Robin, and Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face

Last edited:
Aronofsky's Year One and Burton's Batman 3.

Aronofsky's Year One and Burton's Batman 3.

Definitely Burton's Batman 3 for me, but I still think to this day that Spider-Man 4 would've been great, and a return to form on the level of 1 and 2.

Sony could've seriously done six or seven Spider-Man movies with Tobey Maguire, all as one continuous movie series. They made one misstep - all they had to was get up and dust themselves off and try again.

8. Christopher Nolan's Third Batman Film
If Heath Ledger reprised his role as The Joker

Nolan's Batman 3 (had Heath lived), with Aronofsky's Year One being in second place.

I have a feeling Ledger's role wouldn't have been as the main villain anyway, but I do think he would've been a more extended version of the judge in City Hall instead of Jonathan Crane (Cillian Murphy).

So in other words, The Dark Knight Rises is exactly as is, with Joker as the judge with a lot more scenes, and actual mentions of Joker's existence and how he escaped from Arkham during Bane's rule.

Raimi's Spider-man 4. I love both Anne Hathaway and Black cat. Although,I've never been a Vulture fan. Would've much rather seen the Lizard. But I loved the trilogy. It would've been nice to see Raimi and Maguire do at least one more film together.

Ledger in The Dark Knight Rises (assuming it would have had the same title), Aronofsky's Year One would be my second choice.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Nolan's third Batman film would have been pretty different had Heath lived. That and Aronofsky's Batman are the most intriguing to me.

I have a feeling Ledger's role wouldn't have been as the main villain anyway, but I do think he would've been a more extended version of the judge in City Hall instead of Jonathan Crane (Cillian Murphy).

So in other words, The Dark Knight Rises is exactly as is, with Joker as the judge with a lot more scenes, and actual mentions of Joker's existence and how he escaped from Arkham during Bane's rule.
Not sure about that. I think Nolan's 3rd Batman movie would have been a pretty different film than TDKR had Heath lived.

Oooh, this is a good question.

I have to say Ledger's Joker in Nolan's Batman 3. I love, LOVE The Dark Knight Rises the way it is, but I'll always wonder what the fulfillment of "I think you and I are destined to do this forever" would have looked like. So I have to go with that.

Close runner-ups - Burton's Batman 3 and Superman Lives.

Ledger as Joker in Nolan's third Batman. I wanted to see how he would fit into Rises. I don't see Bane letting him be the judge. I honestly think he would team up with Batman or at least rebel against Bane. Joker's all about chaos and while Bane's plan was chaotic it was organized chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"