Which "Public" Place This Time?

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
I just had this idea. Well not a idea bot a recollection of both movies.

In SM1, Green Goblin causes trouble by taking the kids of that train thing and threathens to drop them. He wants people to die. In SM2, Doc Ock causes trouble on the train. Now, both of these events happen right before the final battle. And I kinda came up with a pattern. Green Goblin intended to hurt people, Doc Ock had no intention of hurting the people on that train. Now, they both wanted Spidey. Sandman is a criminal, what do you think he will do to get Spidey's attention? Sandman will probably have the intention to hurt people, where my pattern kicks in to place, Green Goblin=Hurt People, Doc Ock=No intention of hurting people, and Sandman=Hurt People. What do you guys think and what do you think Sandman will do to the public in Spider-man 3?

On the underground subway scene,Sandman could feel each train cart up with sand and suffocate all the people inside of them.

Blackmouf2002 said:
WOw you have alot of ideas tonight :spidey:

Yes, I do. When I read this, a smile spread right across my face, thanks. I'm just a big Spider-Man fan, with alot of ideas.

GoldGoblin, that would be crazy to see.

Maybe Sandman will be burying people alive at the beach & Spidey has to dig them out.

GoldGoblin said:
On the underground subway scene,Sandman could feel each train cart up with sand and suffocate all the people inside of them.

Where would Sandman get all the sand to do this in the subway? Sandman can't just create it out of thin air. First he would have to have a major supply of it. Sandman can only manipulate sand around him to increase his mass & size but he can't mass produce it by himself.

Sandman= Hurting people (or atleast putting them in danger) at Bank...

GG2= Possibly hurts people in the first GG vs. Spidey battle

Venom= Who wouldn't he hurt?!

CrypticOne said:
I just had this idea. Well not a idea bot a recollection of both movies.

In SM1, Green Goblin causes trouble by taking the kids of that train thing and threathens to drop them. He wants people to die. In SM2, Doc Ock causes trouble on the train. Now, both of these events happen right before the final battle. And I kinda came up with a pattern. Green Goblin intended to hurt people, Doc Ock had no intention of hurting the people on that train. Now, they both wanted Spidey. Sandman is a criminal, what do you think he will do to get Spidey's attention? Sandman will probably have the intention to hurt people, where my pattern kicks in to place, Green Goblin=Hurt People, Doc Ock=No intention of hurting people, and Sandman=Hurt People. What do you guys think and what do you think Sandman will do to the public in Spider-man 3?

Thats not a bad thought. But when i read it i thought of it this way. GG=Hurt People, Doc Ok=No Intention of hurting anyone and Sandman = Does not want to hurt anyone. Love your ideas:up:

Based on Sandman's supposed motive(which I'm not sure if I'm allowed to mention here anymore), I'd say his focus will be on neither Spider-Man or innocent people. Sure, he'll have to take care of Spidey when he gets in his way, and he'll probably intentionally endanger or otherwise disregard the lives of innocent people around him for his own means, but I doubt either of those things will be what drives his character to do what he does. More like Doc Ock than the Goblin, I'd say.

Wait when Doc was under the control of the arms, he did have intention of hurting people. He messed up the train and left it to go off the tracks.

GoldGoblin said:

this would be great to see.

GoldGoblin said:

cool idea!:up:

he could make giant sandcastles and then when the kids start to play with them he hits them over the head with a mace...to every kid in newyork

CrypticOne said:
In SM2, Doc Ock causes trouble on the train. Now, both of these events happen right before the final battle. And I kinda came up with a pattern. Green Goblin intended to hurt people, Doc Ock had no intention of hurting the people on that train. Now, they both wanted Spidey. Sandman is a criminal, what do you think he will do to get Spidey's attention? Sandman will probably have the intention to hurt people, where my pattern kicks in to place, Green Goblin=Hurt People, Doc Ock=No intention of hurting people, and Sandman=Hurt People.

.........what??

Doc Ock threw people off the train, he put the train up to maximum speed and then ripped out the brakes. Whether Spidey could stop the train or not, Ock knew he'd wear himself out trying. That's why he did it.

This is a man who has no intention of hurting anyone?? I think you need to re-think your pattern ;) When these villains are out to get what they want, they'll hurt anyone to get it.

Doc Ock said:
.........what??

Doc Ock threw people off the train, he put the train up to maximum speed and then ripped out the brakes. Whether Spidey could stop the train or not, Ock knew he'd wear himself out trying. That's why he did it.

This is a man who has no intention of hurting anyone?? I think you need to re-think your pattern ;) When these villains are out to get what they want, they'll hurt anyone to get it.

Okay. GG and Sandman, they WANT to kill people. You claim, or think that Doc Ock is the "Master Planner." Maybe he knew or planned that Spidey would stop that train and save those people. His real mission is or was to build his machine and make his experiment work. GG and Sandman may just want to kill people for the fun of it. Doc Ock was a different villain from GG or maybe Sandman. Think about it.

Mebbe at the Spider-Man festivities.
And Peter will take his mask off in front of 2000 people and afterwards they'll all say "We won't tell anyone, promise."

CrypticOne said:
Okay. GG and Sandman, they WANT to kill people.

Who says Sandman will want to kill people? We don't know what his motivations for being a villian are yet. He'll probably kill people who get in his way to achieve an ultimate objective. I think Doc Ock was the same way.

Sandman isn't a murderer. If they get in his way...he will hurt them. He will probably use them as bait or hostages to attract Spidey's attention. GG is a murderer because he had a vendetta to carry out. Ock was not a murderer and from what I know neither will Sandman. Now Venom and GG2 are another story.

Speaking of noticeable patterns, have you guys realized that in every movie so far, Spidey's first encounter with the villain has had him racing against time to save a loved one from falling from some high place? There were reports a while ago of a fight scene involving Gwen dangling from a telephone wire out of a half-destroyed building... I wonder if that is Sandman's introductory scene.

spider_man_2 said:
Speaking of noticeable patterns, have you guys realized that in every movie so far, Spidey's first encounter with the villain has had him racing against time to save a loved one from falling from some high place? There were reports a while ago of a fight scene involving Gwen dangling from a telephone wire out of a half-destroyed building... I wonder if that is Sandman's introductory scene.

It very well could be. Plus the set pics of Spidey swinging towards the ground holding Gwen that could help back up your theory. :up:

The new trailer also features brief shots of an enlarged Sandman taking a swing at Spidey as he webswings past a building, and Spidey (still in the regular suit) falling with large chunks of a building facade all around him. This last shot is very, very brief but it looks amazing.

There's also a shot of Peter(?) looking at a pumpkin bomb striking the wall right next to his head. I wonder what that is all about. The night time fight with GG2 is making me really antsy to watch the movie... Finally, we'll get the aerial battle that should've been in the first one! No more of that weird "sunset" lighting from the first movie as well. Raimi really is trying to make this movie dark.

But it was a pumpkin bomb, yes? It looked like one. Wonder who throws it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"