Sony Spin-Off Which Spidey-related character solo film do you want to see outside the MCU?

None! Even if it were Disney instead of Sony my answer would be none. These all work best as supporting characters in my opinion and a lot of them would be best served by appearing in various Netflix shows.

Cardiac, Steel Spider, The Shroud, The Foreigner, Nightwatch, or Phil Urich as the Green Goblin if really want to go bottom of the barrel.:o

Silver Sable and the Wildpack I think would make a good movie though.

We need more female led Marvel films (other than Elektra & Captain Marvel) since Fox/Disney would not make a solo movie for Storm, Psylocke, Jean, Rogue, Invisible Woman, She Hulk, Spider Woman, Wasp, Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.

This one's a no-brainer...

Spider-Gwen!

:awesome:

standard_fantastic.jpg

Not only is the character incredibly popular and would give us another much needed female led superhero franchise, but the character comes from a parallel universe, where Spider-Man doesn't exist.

(By default, it would have to take place outside the MCU.)

None, obviously. There's no reason to have a separate Spider-verse at all.

Stuff like Spider-Gwen can be a technical exception, but only if their alternate universe is tied to the universe of the MCU, and written/created by Marvel. So its not *really* "not MCU".

I don’t think there should be a separate spider verse but if I were to choose characters for a solo spin off movie to make that not many people have thought about - it would be

Beetle

Or

Darkhawk

Spider-Man 2099 is a no brainer but Sony is to stupid to realize they could of made a universe with him or noir or ben Reilly

Well we are getting ITSV, and that is going to have a lot of alternate Spider-Man characters. I wonder if they are using that film to test audience reception to different characters? I doubt Sony is that smart, so probably not.

Beetle

Or

Darkhawk

I suspect Beetle's rights are with Thunderbolts and Darkhawk's with the various cosmic characters, so both under Disney.
They would have been nice though.

Luckily, we know exactly which characters Sony has because of the email hacks. Abner Jenkins is specifically listed as a "Marvel Reserve Character." Darkhawk flat out isn't mentioned at all, which tells me it was never even considered but Sony likely has no claim whatsoever.

Keep in mind that the contract that leaked is only between Marvel and Sony. There are characters that clearly belonged to Fox on the list, but the point was to say Sony didn't have them. The ones belonging to Fox will obviously revert now but there might be a few outliers out there that maybe Universal has.

I'd like to see Prowler as well since the mcu Prowler was like an extra and just a normal person.

SILVER SABLE and the WILD PACK
dir. David Leitch

Vanessa-Kirby-as-The-White-Widow-in-Mission-Impossible-Fallout.jpg

After years of hunting war criminals across the globe alongside her legendary team of elite mercenaries known as the Wild Pack, Silver Sable returns home to Symkaria where she uncovers a tangled web of conspiracies involving her father and ruler of the small European nation, General Ernst Sablinov, and her team’s own clandestine beginnings.

Silvija Sablinova / Silver Sable: Vanessa Kirby, 33
General Ernst Sablinov: Kenneth Branagh, 61
Kris Keating / Foreigner: Regé-Jean Page, 33

CAST GALLERY
Silvija Sablinova / Silver Sable: Vanessa Kirby, 33
image.jpg

General Ernst Sablinov: Kenneth Branagh, 61
KEn-e1608181849369.jpg

Kris Keating / Foreigner: Regé-Jean Page, 33
Rege-Jean-Page-crop.jpg

tumblr_p8tealazfo1vkpyc9o2_540.gifv

Last edited:
One of them that is done well.
Spider-Man 2099 is a no brainer but Sony is to stupid to realize they could of made a universe with him or noir or ben Reilly
Yes.

THE ENFORCERS
dir. F. Gary Gray

Three down-on-their luck career criminals catch the break of their lifetime when they stumble upon armored tech power suits during a chance robbery. But when the notorious mobster Hammerhead arrives on the scene to collect his stolen technology, they don the suits to become Fancy Dan, Ox, and Montana—The Enforcers!

Danny ‘Fancy Dan’ Brito: Anthony Ramos, 30
Raymond ‘Ox’ Bloch: O'Shea Jackson Jr., 31
Montana Bale: Jack Quaid, 29
Carlie Cooper: Cristin Milioti, 36
Hammerhead: Vince Vaughn, 52

CAST GALLERY
Danny ‘Fancy Dan’ Brito: Anthony Ramos, 30
xBSzK4cnXqrsVmh5gWMGGk.jpg

Raymond ‘Ox’ Bloch: O'Shea Jackson Jr., 31
The-Premise-Cast-O-Shea-Jackson-Jr-Cooper.jpg

Montana Bale: Jack Quaid, 29

Carlie Cooper: Cristin Milioti, 36
Palm-Springs-HIMYM-Cristin-Milioti.jpg

Hammerhead: Vince Vaughn, 52
freaky-clip.png

Last edited:
Luckily, we know exactly which characters Sony has because of the email hacks. Abner Jenkins is specifically listed as a "Marvel Reserve Character." Darkhawk flat out isn't mentioned at all, which tells me it was never even considered but Sony likely has no claim whatsoever.

Keep in mind that the contract that leaked is only between Marvel and Sony. There are characters that clearly belonged to Fox on the list, but the point was to say Sony didn't have them. The ones belonging to Fox will obviously revert now but there might be a few outliers out there that maybe Universal has.

They obviously have the rights to Miguel O'Hara, so why not Spider-Man 2099?

I will kill to see a movie about Spider-Punk he could even become Sony's spider-man.
obg22w3fov081.jpg

Puma spin-off. :o

I still think a Spider-Noir movie would be a terrific banger, animation or live-action.

Puma spin-off. :o

I still think a Spider-Noir movie would be a terrific banger, animation or live-action.

Noir Spider-Man was great in the Shattered Dimensions game. Made absolutely better by him being voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes of the 1994 series. But yeah, a one-off Spider-Man noir film would be great.

Some reason there is no Jessica Drew???

As much as I want to see a solo film for Black Cat, Spider-Woman and Silver Sable, I fear they could join the ranks of Elektra and Catwoman - given that its Sony that is behind Venom and Morbius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"