Sony Spin-Off Black Cat/Silver Sable spinoff film

TBH, I feel like Sony are rushing spin-offs for characters who never first appeared with Spider-Man. Venom is understandable since he already appeared in Spider-Man 3 and Marvel want to explore new villains and a movie with Venom having a redemption arc would be retreading old ground.

Silver Sable and Black Cat are sidekicks. They need to appear alongside Spider-Man before they get their own film.

Silver Sable and Black Cat are sidekicks. They need to appear alongside Spider-Man before they get their own film.
As characters they're way less inherently tied to Spider-Man, they just happen to exist in his world. Their backstories and motivations are also separate enough from the antics of Parker/Spider-Man.

I definitely hope it's been delayed indefinitely. This film shouldn't happen right now.

I mean, all the director says is that she's still working on the script. Dunno if that really translate to an 'indefinite' delay. A delay, though, sure.

Is Edgar Wright working on the script? If he is, then it is an indefinite delay. :o

I think a lot of it had to do with Scorpion since he's set up to be the villain in the 2019 Spider-Man film.

That and waiting on the reception of Venom.

Personally, I think the new directors wants time to polish the script with her own people; they realize that it just won't get done before the original schedule production date....given also, they(directors) want to cast roles they have in mind that fit in accordance to script/story. She essentially said this herself in that tweet.

Aka, they want to see how Venom does, LOL!

This is a crazy idea, but does anyone think that this may have anything to do with Marvel's plans for the Homecoming sequel? There was that rumor recently that they were looking for an actress to play a femme fatale character, and I can't think what character that could be besides either Black Cat or Silver Sable.

Maybe Marvel offered to co-produce this for Phase 4 and set it in the MCU in exchange for Sony pushing it back and letting them use one of these characters?

This is a crazy idea, but does anyone think that this may have anything to do with Marvel's plans for the Homecoming sequel? There was that rumor recently that they were looking for an actress to play a femme fatale character, and I can't think what character that could be besides either Black Cat or Silver Sable.

Maybe Marvel offered to co-produce this for Phase 4 and set it in the MCU in exchange for Sony pushing it back and letting them use one of these characters?

That would be very interesting if something like that idea actually happened.

I don't think the delay is due to that, but I have been thinking that Black Cat being in Spidey's sequel and this and played by the same actress was in possible. I think the delay just comes down to wanting to see how Venom is going to fair.

Most likely going to be Jessica Drew according to newer report. Comics pretty much no association or cross paths ever but moviewise perhaps so.

I hope these spin-off films just fail and push Sony to stop making non-MCU Marvel films.

Or they'll pull Spider-Man again and develop and produce it themselves.

I hope these spin-off films just fail and push Sony to stop making non-MCU Marvel films.

A bit petty there, but I'm curious: you want them to fail because it's Sony or because they're not MCU? I mean, what's wrong with a Marvel film doesn't take place in the MCU continuity?

A bit petty there, but I'm curious: you want them to fail because it's Sony or because they're not MCU? I mean, what's wrong with a Marvel film doesn't take place in the MCU continuity?
Because the concept of making a cinematic universe with Venom and other villains without Spider-Man is just awful.

We have Spider-Man in the MCU, the official marvel cinematic universe, but now we have a series of spin-off films to form another cinematic universe... and it's not tied to the lead character? There's nothing promising about it, and that's not even considering Sony's lackluster track record.

I like Deadpool and Logan, so it's not about disliking non-MCU films. I don't know where you want me to begin.

Because the concept of making a cinematic universe with Venom and other villains without Spider-Man is just awful.

We have Spider-Man in the MCU, the official marvel cinematic universe, but now we have a series of spin-off films to form another cinematic universe... and it's not tied to the lead character? There's nothing promising about it, and that's not even considering Sony's lackluster track record.

I like Deadpool and Logan, so it's not about disliking non-MCU films. I don't know where you want me to begin.
I don't get it either. I mean Venom's whole basis was the symbiote's rejection by Spider-Man, and Eddie Brock's own hatred of Spider-Man.

I get a number of people can't stand Sony & their attempt at a Universe & like every Spidey fan, i don't like a Spidyverse w/o Spidey. However, my sincere support for this venture, however misplace some of you feel it is, has always been based on the possibility, that Marvel will become more involved with Sony's Spidyverse, with some level of success with the Venom film & cast, and more importantly, what the re-negotiation of "Shared Agreement" entails. Which obviously lead to my belief that Marvel may assist more on building the Spudeyverse, even if it as simple of making story & casting suggestions.

I am all for Sony making their animated Spidey films out of the MCU, but these spin-offs are absurd...

I get a number of people can't stand Sony & their attempt at a Universe & like every Spidey fan, i don't like a Spidyverse w/o Spidey. However, my sincere support for this venture, however misplace some of you feel it is, has always been based on the possibility, that Marvel will become more involved with Sony's Spidyverse, with some level of success with the Venom film & cast, and more importantly, what the re-negotiation of "Shared Agreement" entails. Which obviously lead to my belief that Marvel may assist more on building the Spudeyverse, even if it as simple of making story & casting suggestions.

I mean it's fine if you believe that could happen but I honestly think your just getting your hopes up. If anything, if Venom does poorly (be it critically and/or financially), Sony is probably gonna put a lid on the spin-offs and give Marvel Studios more control of the Sony properties.

I hope this movie crashes and burns. Sony needs to learn that these spin-off titles are not worth it for anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"