Masters of Sex

Crockett

With Teeth
Reaction score
Showtime's new series has landed Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan as the leads. Originally Paul Bettany was suppose to be the lead but he dropped out but Sheen is a good replacement.

Masters of Sex chronicles the lives and the intriguing, unusual relationship between Masters and Johnson, the pioneers into the science of human sexuality, whose research touched off the sexual revolution. The series is an adaptation of Thomas Maier’s book Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, The Couple Who Taught America How To Love.

Full press release:

NEW YORK, NY (February 2, 2012) – Acclaimed actor Michael Sheen and actress Lizzy Caplan have been cast as the leads in the SHOWTIME drama pilot MASTERS OF SEX, where they will portray 1960′s human sexuality pioneers William Masters and Virginia Johnson. Directed by Academy Award® nominee John Madden (“Shakespeare in Love”), the pilot will begin production in New York in March. Michelle Ashford (THE PACIFIC), Judith Verno, and Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (JUSTIFIED) are executive producers. Michael Sheen and Tammy Rosen will serve as producers. MASTERS OF SEX is produced by Sony Pictures Television.

Masters of Sex chronicles the lives and the intriguing, unusual relationship between Masters and Johnson, the pioneers into the science of human sexuality, whose research touched off the sexual revolution. The series is an adaptation of Thomas Maier’s book Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, The Couple Who Taught America How To Love.

Sheen recently starred in the critically-acclaimed film “Beautiful Boy,” and the Academy Award and Golden Globe®-nominated film “Midnight in Paris.” He returns as “Aro” in “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2.” Other feature credits include the Academy Award and Golden Globe-nominated films “The Queen” and “Frost/Nixon,” “The Damned United,” “TRON: Legacy” and the “Underworld” films.

His American television credits include a guest starring role on “30 Rock” and an Emmy®-nominated lead performance in “The Special Relationship.” In the UK, Sheen’s television credits include his BAFTA-nominated performances in “Fantabulosa” and “Dirty Filthy Love.”

On stage, Sheen has earned multiple awards and nominations for his work in “Amadeus,” “Caligula” and “Frost/Nixon,” and won the coveted Sir Laurence Olivier Bursary for consistently outstanding performances in many others. He recently performed Hamlet at the Young Vic, and is an appointed OBE (Order of the British Empire) for his contribution to the arts.

Caplan captured audiences with her breakout role as “Janice Ian” in “Mean Girls.” Her film credits include the independent comedy “Queens of Country,” “Hot Tub Time Machine,” J.J. Abrams’ sci-fi hit “Cloverfield,” “My Best Friend’s Girl,” “Crossing Over,” “The Last Rites of Ransom Pride,” and the independent drama “Love Is The Drug.” She also produced and starred in the short film “Successful Alcoholics,” which premiered at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.

Caplan has completed a pair of comedies, both of which premiered at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival – “Bachelorette” and “Save the Date.” She also recently wrapped production on the comedy “Frankie Goes Boom.”

On television, Caplan can currently be seen in a multi-episode arc on the new comedy “New Girl.” She also starred as “Casey Klein” on the critically-acclaimed comedy “Party Down.” Her additional television credits include “True Blood,” “The Class,” “Related,” “Family Guy,” “American Dad,” “Tru Calling,” “Undeclared,” and Judd Apatow’s cult classic “Freaks and Geeks.”

The production will be gearing up next month and the pilot will be directed by John Madden (Shakespeare in Love, The Debt).

This surely sounds intriguing, and it's Showtime so it's definitely worth a look.

Last edited:
Lizzy Caplan. :hrt:

I'm glad that Showtime has finally started making shows that actually interest me. Before Shameless and Homeland, all there was was Dexter, as far as I'm concerned. :o

Since I'm a pervert, I took Human Sexuality in college, so I'm very familiar with Masters and Johnson. But, as soon as I read that Lizzy Caplan was involved, it became a must-see for me.

No Californication, Sawyer?

How about Weed?

I have read up a bit about Masters and Johnson, but there's alot more that I don't know about. Looks like this is a show to look out for on Showtime.

It's officially picked up for a 12-episode orders aiming for a premiere in 2013.

And here's a pic.

VjSXB.jpg

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/showtime-picks-up-ray-donovan-and-masters-of-sex-to-series/

First Look:
[YT]BC1eWcE8cTo[/YT]

Lizzy Caplan<3! lol I came here because of the title of the thread and had few or more nice surprises while reading the article ahah! This has a chance of becoming great and I really hope it's gonna rock! I hope Showtime won't disappoint!

Damn! Was hoping there wasn't a thread for this already lol. Anyways, the premiere has been uploaded along with the season premiere of Homeland. Gonna check it out here in a bit. Looks like its gonna end up being a pretty good show

the first episode was awesome! im looking forward to this one.

Great pilot!

Showtime ended one ****** series (sorry Dexter) and premiered two great new ones (Masters of Sex and Ray Donovan)

Does Lizzy Caplan get naked in this? I'm asking for a friend. :o

Does Lizzy Caplan get naked in this? I'm asking for a friend. :o

Yes, she does. She was also completely naked in True Blood a few years back...if your friend wants to know ;)

So, who wants to feel old and a bit like a perv? Ya know that one hooker who was up on the table when Masters first went to explain his study at the brothel and had the "coochie flashlight" line? Yeah, she was the older daughter from the Beethoven movies. :o

Caplan has my attention.

I had no idea until now that she was Janis! :wow:

Caught the first two eps..this is interesting. Sheen, as always is great.

So, who wants to feel old and a bit like a perv? Ya know that one hooker who was up on the table when Masters first went to explain his study at the brothel and had the "coochie flashlight" line? Yeah, she was the older daughter from the Beethoven movies. :o

Or The Nanny.

But she's 7 years older than me so I don't feel old.

This show continues to be good.

Oh man that breakdown was just awful. A million times worst than Rick Grimes breakdown last season on Walking Dead.

Fantastic episode last night. I just simply love the female characters in this show. Virginia, Jane, Libby... :up:

tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o3_250.gif
tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o4_250.gif

tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o5_250.gif
tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o6_250.gif

tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o1_250.gif
tumblr_mvczw2AtOQ1sn0js4o2_250.gif

Yeah, that last scene damn near killed me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"