Masters of Sex

Felt sorry for the Provost's wife…..glad she got some in the end though.

This show gets more and more intriguing each week.

^ I knew the moment I saw him that something's 'bout to happen with them. :hehe: I kinda approve of that pairing. :p

Can't believe the lack of attention this show has gotten in this forum. It's one of my favorite new shows. This first season has been excellent.

I love the show, I think the name probably drives people away from watching it.

True. Some people I've spoken to about it think it's literally about sex and little more, but it's as much of a character driven drama as anything else on television.

yeah this show has been consistently great. how many more episodes are left for this season?

Sarah Silverman, the potty-mouthed comedienne known for making doody jokes in her stand-up routine, is up for some Sex.

Showtime's Masters of Sex has booked Silverman for a recurring role in the second season of the acclaimed drama, the network announced Monday. She'll play a character named Helen. No additional details about her character were provided.

Silverman broke into show business as the female comedian who wasn't afraid to keep up with the guys when it came to off-color humor, including playful but blue bits about religion, sex, and excrement. She's since broadened her career to include acting roles in Michelle Williams' indie film Take This Waltz and the animated box-office hit Wreck-It-Ralph, as well as getting an Emmy nomination for The Sarah Silverman Show. NBC recently passed on Silverman's pilot Susan 313, which was in contention for last year's crop of comedies.

Masters of Sex returns for Season 2 on Sunday, July 13 on Showtime.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Sarah-Silverman-Headed-1080973.aspx

BpTFmfGCEAAfyhT.jpg

I caught up with this a few months back. It's quite a good show and daring with the nudity and themes which is why I'm glad it's on a network that isn't shy about expressing them.

Does no one here watch this anymore? What gives? I love it.

I still watch. But the show has only been back for 2 weeks.

Yeah, I know, but as I said during last season, I'm surprised at the lack of activity in this thread around here.

This season is off to a solid start, laying the groundwork for something interesting things to come.

I'm all caught up now with the first two episodes of the season. :up: Some interesting developments with the characters.

Bill was so insufferable in the first episode. I mean, he's never been the world's most lovable person but his quirks have been at least endearing in the first season but I hated him so much in the first episode. :funny: He got better in the 2nd episode though. Langham continues to be hilarious. He's one of my favorite characters. What's up with Libby in the 2nd episode? Was she jealous that the nanny was able to calm the baby better than her? I hope they don't turn her to a b**ch this season. I continue to like Virginia and Lilian's friendship. I also didn't anticipate that Betty's story will factor again this season which is fine by me since I liker her character. Shame though that Helen's story is over. She's another one that I like.

3rd episode will definitely be Caplan and Sheen's Emmy reels. FANTASTIC.

While this season has been good, I miss the supporting characters from S1.

I'm enjoying KeKe Palmer, she's been a good addition this season. Not sure if I am a fan of them adding yet another dilemma for whats her name who is now lesbian. Can't remember if they showed any signs in S1 of it. Or maybe she is bi and just in love with Silvermans character because of who she is.

I love this show but I hate what they're doing with Libby's character. It's like they're making her like that so people will feel better rooting for Virginia and Bill. I can forgive making her a ***** and a racist if that wasn't so contradictory with her character in Season 1. This is the same woman who was so kind to her black gardener. The only good thing from it is that the actress is getting to do more in the role. Coral totally owning her in that sex talk was hilarious! Libby doesn't even know that the guy is actually just Coral's brother so Coral is totally just ****ing with her*. :hehe:

I've liked Betty's storyline so far. The addition of Helen should be interesting.

*Unless this show just got incestuous.

Last edited:
Yeah, Libby is turning into a real *****. Not liking her character anymore..especially after making the nanny wash her hair.

Holy time jump Batman! Did not see that coming.

I knew that they were doing a time jump at some point this season but I didn't realize that it was multiple time jumps. It kind of threw me for a loop there. Judging by next week's preview, it looks like Libby will start an affair with Coral's brother. :wow:

I was hoping that something would lead off of where they left it in the previous ep with Coral's brother. The way they left it, it made Libby really come off as villainous.

Yeah, the time jumps were a surprise.

Holy time jump Batman! Did not see that coming.

Yeah, that was quite unexpected for me to.

kvz5 said:
I knew that they were doing a time jump at some point this season but I didn't realize that it was multiple time jumps. It kind of threw me for a loop there. Judging by next week's preview, it looks like Libby will start an affair with Coral's brother.

I figured Libby would have an affair with Coral's brother. I just didn't think it would be 2 years down the line.

^Once Coral told Libby about how good he was in bed (even though she obviously lied) i guess Libby couldn't get the thought of it out of her head…2 years later or not; especially since she's not getting laid by Bill.

I actually thought that storyline was over with Coral being fired and Bill leaving Buell Green.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"