Who do you prefer, classic goblin or ultimate

hippy fascist

Avenger
Reaction score
As anyone who's read a few of my posts is aware I HATE THE ULTIMATE GOBLIN, it is completely the opposite of what made norman so fascinating as a character in 616. How do YOU feel about this character?

Me, I think he's far too literal and it's just an example of how the subtlety and suggestion/metaphor of the 616 universe gets turned in to hittng readers over the head with over simplification in ultimate:(

Try to give reasons if possible, the most creative wins a prize.

edit: over simplification for the most part, still loving the ultimates...on the rare occasions it comes out that is

I prefer classic, no question. Ultimate Goblin is really just another Hulk, if you ask me.

Ultimate's great.

But classic pwns all.

Old school, they're attempt to modernize went to far ... too big and unweildy

Ha HA, Bendis I love your work but on the goblin YOU WENT TOO FAR!

have you noticed how two people have said ultimate but neither will admit to it! :D

Classic.

Ultimate was pretty cool in Ultimate Six,but classic it is.

Red X said:
Ultimate's great.

But classic pwns all.

I'd agree with that statement except for the fact that I give the edge to the Ultimate version. It's an ever more obsessed Norman who's turned himself into the Goblin, just as with 616, but unlike the classic version, Norman can handle himself without a glider or pumpkin bombs. As far as I'm concerned, it's a well earned upgrade too long in coming in a totally different universe.

Not to mention the fact that SHIELD catches his ass, he holds the White House hostage, and all because SHIELD has stolen his formula and taken over his company. Heh, not to mention the fact that he's just as insane as ever. Both of them are cool but I'm giving the Ultimate version the deuce this time around.:bomb:

William did do a great job in the film.

I like Ult. Goblin, but 616 just about rapes everything. Including Gwen Stacey.:(

jaydawg said:
I like Ult. Goblin, but 616 just about rapes everything. Including Gwen Stacey.:(

Sadly, it wasnt rape.:( :down

I'm with the power upgrades it's the look upgrade I can't cotton too... Yeah I said cotton too!

I voted classic but I still feel that Ultimate Goblin his a good concept with a 50/50 execution. I loved the way they portrayed his insanity and his transormation into a goblin creature. Now get him dressed so he doesn't look like a Hulk rip-off and we're in business.

Classic.

I didnt like Ultimate GG at first but the character has grown on me

Heh, not much outright hate of the Ultimate version, surprising.

I picked ultimate, because he has fire snot. Norman doesn't have fire snot. If ultimate goblin had f***ed Gwen, she would have had triplets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"