Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Who do you want most in Season 4?

Dasher10

I'm like Deadpool IRL
Reaction score
When it comes to new characters, the four who I really want to see are Nick Fury Sr, Silver Sable, Taskmaster, Fixer and Spider-Woman. Sable and SW are both now possible thanks to the Sony deal and I feel like they should be priorities.

Sadly, Viper, Abigail Brand and GW Bridge are all over at Fox so they can't appear so nobody list them.

SW should be introduced as an agent of HYDRA who defects to SHIELD. She got her powers by being experimented on by HYDRA agents who can secrete toxins in her body.

Nick Fury Sr. would be SHIELD's director after Peggy retired but before his son took over. He's been kept alive by a special serum designed to prevent aging and this could be a great way to set up the next Fury after Jackson retires since he's currently 67. Now that Agent Carter is cancelled and Marvel's Most Wanted isn't replacing it, a Nick Fury 60s series would be a more than welcome replacement that would wrap up Peggy's story and establish the backstory of the next Nick Fury without recasting him. How exactly Nick Fury's dad is younger than Nick should be a plot point that takes several episodes to explain.

Taskmaster should be a wildcard. He should be somebody playing both sides (and taking their money) who won't show his true allegiance until the final episode of the season. Much like previous Agents of SHIELD villains Blizzard and Mister Hyde, he could easily be a member of the Thunderbolts as the MCU already has Zemo. Regardless of whose side Taskmaster is actually on, he'll be breaking some serious laws and be taking a ton of HYDRA money so he'll still be on The Raft by the end of the Season. (I'd even have him kill off a major protagonist as a red herring.)

Fixer is yet another T-Bolt who can be the main HYDRA nemesis as Strucker is dead and Viper's rights are at Fox. Much like Taskmaster, he'd be an interesting villain who should be listed as being sent to The Raft by the end of the Season. Plus the MCU hasn't had a Hispanic villain yet.

Silver Sable should be a hero who's ex-SHIELD but took up the mercenary life. She'd be an ally but she'd also be working for her own clients and might be more of a wild card than anything else. Somebody who unlike Taskmaster, the audience will know is good but still has her own agenda that may not be Coulson's.

These are my top 5 most wanted characters for Season 4. Marvel need to further build up the T-Bolts for their inevitable debut and these are the ones who should first appear in AGENTS of SHIELD.

(I'd put Mach in Ant-Man and The Wasp, Moonstone in Jessica Jones, Atlas in Luke Cage, and Shocker, Joystick and Scorpion in either Spider-Man: Homecoming or the film after that. Ghost doesn't need to be in the first film or season of Thunderbolts and can and should be saved for Iron Man 4 as the last member of the team. Songbird and Jolt should first appear in Thunderbolts itself with Songbird being the one to stage the jailbreak and Jolt being the first person the T-Bolts save.)

Of those? Nick Fury (which is to say not really any of them). I'd like AIM more than any other.

There is no white Nick Fury/Nick Fury, Sr. in the MCU because Samuel L. Jackson's character is based on the Ultimate Nick Fury, not on Marcus Johnson/Nick Fury, Jr.

But I would like to see Peggy Carter again, plus some S.H.I.E.L.D. Directors from the comics. Maybe Tommy Lee Jones could play Chester Phillips again.

Last edited:
Eden Fesi
Sebastian Druid
Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine
Dominic Fortune
Rachel Leighton
Monica Chang
Clint Barton

Eden Fesi
Sebastian Druid
Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine
Dominic Fortune
Rachel Leighton
Monica Chang
Clint Barton

Manifold is way too tied to the Time Runs Out/Secret Wars storyline.

Fontaine and Fortune could work... but I'd rather they appear in a Nick Fury series.

Sebastian Druid will never appear since his father is a man who by mastering the mystical arts of ancient European Celtic Druidry, became an Asian man. Let's pretend that neither he nor his father exist.

Diamondback is too tied to Captain America. We'd need to see her in Captain America 4 all the way in Phase 4 by which point AoS may be canceled. If she's brought in, then the whole Serpent Society needs to be.

Hawkeye won't ever appear. Jeremy Renner commands too high a paycheck to just command anything but top billing in a TV show.

Monica Chang could work.

There is no white Nick Fury/Nick Fury, Sr. in the MCU because Samuel L. Jackson's character is based on the Ultimate Nick Fury, not on Marcus Johnson/Nick Fury, Jr.

But I would like to see Peggy Carter again, plus some S.H.I.E.L.D. Directors from the comics. Maybe Tommy Lee Jones could play Chester Phillips again.

1. It was never specified that there wasn't a Nick Fury Sr. in the MCU and Fury JR was created to cash in on MCU Fury's popularity. Fury can't have been around on ops until the 70s at the earliest yet Fury's most iconic run in the comics was the Jim Steranko run in the 60s. I'd like to see a Nick Fury Sr. series continue the Agent Carter storyline in the 60s to set up Jackson's replacement.

2. Peggy Carter is dead in the present and her flashback series got canceled. Jackson isn't getting any younger and he's pushing 70.

Manifold is way too tied to the Time Runs Out/Secret Wars storyline.
He just appeared in Secret Warriors as some mutant. SHIELD already took him in off screen last season. They're never going to do the Time Runs Out/Secret Wars storyline in the movies anyway, so I don't see the problem.

Sebastian Druid will never appear since his father is a man who by mastering the mystical arts of ancient European Celtic Druidry, became an Asian man. Let's pretend that neither he nor his father exist.
Like how Yo-Yo will never appear because her father was an American guy who through surgery became a Greek mythological creature? Or how Hellfire will never appear because he somehow inherited a Hellfire Chain from his non-spirit of vengeance related Ghost Rider grandfather? I see no reason why they'd have to relate him to his father. We're doing a Secret Warriors storyline around the time Doctor Strange comes out. There's no way they won't have the one mystical member of the secret warriors to tie in with that movie.

1. It was never specified that there wasn't a Nick Fury Sr. in the MCU and Fury JR was created to cash in on MCU Fury's popularity. Fury can't have been around on ops until the 70s at the earliest yet Fury's most iconic run in the comics was the Jim Steranko run in the 60s. I'd like to see a Nick Fury Sr. series continue the Agent Carter storyline in the 60s to set up Jackson's replacement.

Screenwriters are not obliged to follow the comic book storylines. They can take something from them, adapt them, or completely ignore them.

Did+anybody+notice+nick+fury+s+grave_48ba7d_5279024.png

Remember the name on Fury's gravestone in CATWS. Col. Nicholas J. Fury, as in Nicholas Joseph Fury, not Nicholas Fury Jr., which means Jackson's Nick Fury is Nick Fury Sr., and at the moment the only Nick Fury in the MCU. Well, he's not Fury Sr. yet because there is no Fury Jr. He's just Nick Fury.

2. Peggy Carter is dead in the present and her flashback series got canceled. Jackson isn't getting any younger and he's pushing 70.

Which means Peggy Carter can appear in AoS in a flashback, just like she did in Shadows and The Things We Bury.

Last edited:
None of them. I want to see Hawkeye appear and, if they can negotiate it with Sony, Spider-Man/Peter Parker.

Hawkeye won't ever appear. Jeremy Renner commands too high a paycheck to just command anything but top billing in a TV show.

Renner actually said last year that he wouldn't mind making a cameo on the show. I think he also has been pushing for Hawkeye to get his own Netflix TV Series. So I don't think he's really opposed to doing television for a short paycheck, especially if it's just a cameo.

I personally don't think it will happen because the stars need to align and everybody needs to be on board. That's something that Marvel Television and Marvel Studios seem to struggle with these days.

Renner actually said last year that he wouldn't mind making a cameo on the show. I think he also has been pushing for Hawkeye to get his own Netflix TV Series. So I don't think he's really opposed to doing television for a short paycheck, especially if it's just a cameo.

I personally don't think it will happen because the stars need to align and everybody needs to be on board. That's something that Marvel Television and Marvel Studios seem to struggle with these days.
You also have to remember that Renner probably has a busy schedule, so logistically it just might not be possible for him to show during the weeks they would film his scenes. Also abc might not have the budget to pay him as televisions shows try to nickel and dime guest stars. I think scheduling and budget is a much higher factor than Marvel TV/Studios relations.

I'm just happy we got Fury and Hill during a story line that's very relevant to their characters.

Sharon Carter might be a good fit for AoS. I wouldn't mind seeing her appear. I'd rather have more regular agents than Inhumans.

If skye is street level now could be an opportunity to have a journalist from the daily bugle or some one from the law firm Hogarth, Chao & Benowitz or the blogger at the end of ant man.

the right or the wrong of it they are not joining the big dots but no reason not to be going for the small ones.

If skye is street level now could be an opportunity to have a journalist from the daily bugle or some one from the law firm Hogarth, Chao & Benowitz or the blogger at the end of ant man.

the right or the wrong of it they are not joining the big dots but no reason not to be going for the small ones.

What about J. Jonah Jameson?

I'd rather see Nick Sr. on the show, but I don't think they'll follow the comics too closely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"