Who is Marvel's prep time hero?

prins777

Civilian
Reaction score
I was wondering who would be considered the equivalent of Batman in the Marvel universe? I was thinking maybe Reed Richards since he did defeat Galactus. I have to believe that given enough prep time Reed could take out almost anyone in the Marvel or DC universe.

Well Dr. Strange has been known to requirre prep-time.

So who takes it in a battle, Reed or Dr. Strange? Give each a weeks prep time and all the resources they need, science v. magic. Also, if Magic is simply a form of science in the Marvel universe, could Reed master the mystic arts?

Spidey is another master of prep time and has accomplished miracles considering the limited resources has had at his disposal.

prins777 said:
Also, if Magic is simply a form of science in the Marvel universe, could Reed master the mystic arts?

Mark Waid tackled that in his run. IIRC, Reed couldn't grasp it, but those comics are a few states away and I haven't read them in a while. I could be wrong.

Yeah, Reed is way too analytical to properly use magic. Doc Strange would own him btw.

Wasn't it Reed's own conceit that simply didn't allow him to grasp magic. If he were to look at it as an a new type of science with its own set of rules, he might not have as much of a problem with it as he has had in the past. Or is there an intangibility to magic that prevents it from being disected in too analytic a manner? Also, since Reed constantly beats Doom, who is just below Doc Strange in the master of the mystic arts, I am not quite so sure that Doc would own Reed. He may ultimately defeat him, but it would not be easy.

Nick Fury.

Also the Punisher has been known to have **** pre set up for some of his larger kills.

Punisher. For anything he does except his regular wandering around town looking for muggers he usually prepares alot.

The Punisher has mastered Prep-Time for the MU and to see tthat Prep-Time in action read Punisher: Kills the MU.

The Punisher. I read comic where he took out the whole marvel universe. He got the x men and brotherhood on the moon and blew it up.

Yeah,....
The Panther wins hands down,..... recent Marvel "History" he has made the best and the brightest realize he was a few steps ahead of them,.. As a matter of course, because he doesn't advertize and they realize AFTER he's already moved on.

chamber-music said:
The Punisher. I read comic where he took out the whole marvel universe. He got the x men and brotherhood on the moon and blew it up.

Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe, I believer Garth Ennis' first work on the character...also, showing how much he truly hates superheroes

Yeah, that was Ennis first work for Marvel too, I think.

As far as Marve's "prep-time" hero, I'd say either Black Panther or The Punisher. I say Black Panther because he's the only one to take down The Fantastic Four, and that has to require some mega prep time.

I thik the idea of prep time is stupid to begin with. Say it out loud. "If Batman has time to prepare himself then he can beat anyone." That is pretty much every superhero. Everyone prepares themself. That would be like saying someones power is the ability to walk...

roach said:
I thik the idea of prep time is stupid to begin with. Say it out loud. "If Batman has time to prepare himself then he can beat anyone." That is pretty much every superhero. Everyone prepares themself. That would be like saying someones power is the ability to walk...

:up:
This is what I was going to say. How many villians would sit there and let the hero get some prep time before a fight. It's just a silly concept, like you said, if given time...any character could beat anybody with prep time.

Heck even The Kangaroo could beat some of the hero's with proper prep time to take advantage of their weaknesses.:o

roach said:
Not quite the same. For instance, if you tell Reed that a huge threat is coming to Earth, the more time he has to prepare for the event the higher his probability of success, That is not the same case for all heros. Hawkeye could prepare forever, he aint coming up with n arrow to take out Galactus.

prins777 said:
Not quite the same. For instance, if you tell Reed that a huge threat is coming to Earth, the more time he has to prepare for the event the higher his probability of success, That is not the same case for all heros. Hawkeye could prepare forever, he aint coming up with n arrow to take out Galactus.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIng
Reed:"FF HQ Reed Richards speaking."
Hawkeye:"Hey Reed. It's Clint...Hawkeye. Look im fighting Galactus in an hour...you have any pointers???"
Reed:"I'll have Ben drop off the Ultimate Nullifier."

Prep time

The Punisher is the master of Prep Time in te Marvel Universe. He works out every detail and makes sure everything is where it needs to be so innocents don't get caught in the crossfire and to ensure maximum damage on his enemies.

Jesus. As seen in Giant Size Jesus #1. Guy walked up and was like "Dude, these guys are hungry!" BAM! "Fish for everyone!"

Jesus must be soooo last millenium in the marvel universe. I mean, cmon, feedom ring's more powerful than jesus. scarlet witch could make him her *****.

My money's on punisher. closest thing to batman. i think doc strange could do more with the prep time and other characters that could/should use it include daredevil and cap because of their powerless nature.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tony Stark. This guy seems to have files on everybody and it seems each time he has an encounter with someone, his armor is recording data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"