Who is Marvel's prep time hero?

SSJ4_Mikael said:
Therefore he isnt a prep hero

I agree, he's just the best pretty much, and if you give him prep time he rules,

CLASSIC PREP HERO's:

Cap, punisher, reed

Gotta be Iron Man, right? Look at how well he used prep time in the events of Civil War; he learned of the upcoming superhero registration act and just went from there. He always has all these new Iron Man suits for things, like Hulkbuster, and just recently he kicked Cap's ass by storing every recorded move of Captain America's into his armor's memory. Prep-time master:up:

This is the funniest title for a thread ever.

Tony Stark. I mean c'mon...how ****ed is Spidey right now? He's got tabs on everyone at this point.

What's next O.M.A.C.?

Or how about more Iron Man themed?

Presenting....the iMac.

alright, i don't really know how to define a prep time hero.

is that somoene who off the bat knows how to deal with pretty much any situation they are thrown into because they are thoroughly already prepared.

or

a hero with sufficient time can deal with anything.

if it is the latter, most heroes at one point or another have overcome great odds with a lil time to regroup.

ps, even if a hero manages to aquire a large amount of data on any other hero and doesn't use it, does that still make them a prep time god?

He hasn't been mentioned in the pages that I've seen but I'll go with DOOM.

November Rain said:
question states, prep time hero...
i know that vicious vic considers HIMSELF marvel earth's greatest HERO but that dosen't qualify him for consideration i n THIS discussion tho he DOES love to give himself an edge:doom: :doom:

November Rain said:
alright, i don't really know how to define a prep time hero.

is that somoene who off the bat knows how to deal with pretty much any situation they are thrown into because they are thoroughly already prepared.

or

a hero with sufficient time can deal with anything.

if it is the latter, most heroes at one point or another have overcome great odds with a lil time to regroup.

ps, even if a hero manages to aquire a large amount of data on any other hero and doesn't use it, does that still make them a prep time god?

I think the latter definition is best. Although, most heroes have used information to prepare for a battle before hand, not many could deal with the kinds of threats that Reed could face no matter how much time they had to prepare. For instance, in Ult FF Reed found a way to create a mini big bang in a paralel universe to defeat Gah Lak Tus. Now I don't think even Spidey or Iron Man is coming up with that solution.

freemadison said:
This is the funniest title for a thread ever.

Tony Stark. I mean c'mon...how ****ed is Spidey right now? He's got tabs on everyone at this point.

What's next O.M.A.C.?

Or how about more Iron Man themed?

Presenting....the iMac.

They had something like that before the OMAC. It was called the Prime Sentinel.

I love how people forget that (no offense to the poster, I'm actually assuming you had more taste than Zero Tolerance). I can actually guarantee if Marvel utilized the Prime Sentinel again, a ton of people would say they ripped off DC.

the original Spider-Man (before they *****-ed him up) was a great prep time hero

prins777 said:
I think the latter definition is best. Although, most heroes have used information to prepare for a battle before hand, not many could deal with the kinds of threats that Reed could face no matter how much time they had to prepare. For instance, in Ult FF Reed found a way to create a mini big bang in a paralel universe to defeat Gah Lak Tus. Now I don't think even Spidey or Iron Man is coming up with that solution.

That was more of a latch ditch effort. I'm sure he was thinking of something like that before hand. I know I was after he was talking earlier about how universes were younger as you got higher, and older as you got lower with Nihilus.

Prep time would more or less finding ways to use weaknesses and strengths, and find ways before hand to orchestrate a plan to use that info against someone(s).

I only brought up OMAC because that seems like one of Bats ultimate uses of "prep time" especially since it was on such a grand scale as to keep tabs on everyone and keep them in check. Shame it backfired.

Zero Tolerance sucked.

Besides, the Prime Sentinel wouldn't be an example of how Stark could employ "Prep time" to his advantage.

freemadison said:
I only brought up OMAC because that seems like one of Bats ultimate uses of "prep time" especially since it was on such a grand scale as to keep tabs on everyone and keep them in check. Shame it backfired.

Zero Tolerance sucked.

Besides, the Prime Sentinel wouldn't be an example of how Stark could employ "Prep time" to his advantage.

I could see the PS as a prep time sort of thing. Infect those closest around hero, installing commands and functions based on the information he could easily obtain, and set them off as need be at critical junctions. Which was basically what the Prime Sentinels were, a secret weapon that could be anybody at any time that could be set off when need be to throw the enemy into defeat. That would be a close definition for prep time as any. Tony style would definitely be a bit smoother though, if he decided to go that route.

And Zero Tolerance DID suck.

prins777 said:
thanks for ruining it for me

:mad:

I would say Reed Richards...he's the greatest scientific genius on Earth, the man who's taken on Galactus, and other celestial threats as well as a leading member of the Illumanati and has been the leader for many years of what is arguably the most respected and powerful superhero organization in the Marvelverse.

yeah but a reason for this simply may be because reed is resourceful...

true while bruce is resourceful, i don't think it's to the extent of reed richards. which is i guess why laterns are considered as prep time masters even though their ring effectively gives them a chance to pretty much do anything.

i see the reeds and laterns more as being able to go with the flow and react to any given situation rather than being pro-active to make sure **** doesn't hit the fan.

LadyMoira said:
I would say Reed Richards...he's the greatest scientific genius on Earth, the man who's taken on Galactus, and other celestial threats as well as a leading member of the Illumanati and has been the leader for many years of what is arguably the most respected and powerful superhero organization in the Marvelverse.

I don't think Reed would be considered a lead thinker in the Illuminatti. He more or less seemed to just shadow everything Tony said. Namor did more than Reed did.

November Rain said:
yeah but a reason for this simply may be because reed is resourceful...

true while bruce is resourceful, i don't think it's to the extent of reed richards. which is i guess why laterns are considered as prep time masters even though their ring effectively gives them a chance to pretty much do anything.

i see the reeds and laterns more as being able to go with the flow and react to any given situation rather than being pro-active to make sure **** doesn't hit the fan.

Tony has also shown this sort of resourcefulness in the past, as has Spider-Man. Reed is great at quick thinking and such, but so are many other people in the MU.

As prep hero's go, Reed will be up there, but a top spot would depend on situations etc. I think Cap is probably up there, as he doesn't have stretchy limbs or a super powered robo suit, he uses pure intelligence and tactics. So I think he makes the most out of what he has

Cyrusbales said:
As prep hero's go, Reed will be up there, but a top spot would depend on situations etc. I think Cap is probably up there, as he doesn't have stretchy limbs or a super powered robo suit, he uses pure intelligence and tactics. So I think he makes the most out of what he has

I think people are kind of pulling this out of context. If this were an immediate situation, that demanded immediate thinking, then this arguement would be going a different way. Prep time is where one person sits down, and comes up with a way to defeat obstacles before they happen. Iron Man's armor would be an example of this. It's meant to fight fires, withstand EMP, has several offensive and defensive uses, can tap into lines, and can even pull up information, as well as have some fighting routines put into it for specific fighters. He's pulling several things that may happen into account. That would be preparation, in comparison to seeing a kid in a fire and reacting, which wouldn't be considered prep time.

Mistress Gluon said:
I think people are kind of pulling this out of context. If this were an immediate situation, that demanded immediate thinking, then this arguement would be going a different way. Prep time is where one person sits down, and comes up with a way to defeat obstacles before they happen. Iron Man's armor would be an example of this. It's meant to fight fires, withstand EMP, has several offensive and defensive uses, can tap into lines, and can even pull up information, as well as have some fighting routines put into it for specific fighters. He's pulling several things that may happen into account. That would be preparation, in comparison to seeing a kid in a fire and reacting, which wouldn't be considered prep time.

Exactly. It's having Plan B and C BEFORE something happens, like Batman often does. Not quick-thinking. Almost everyone in the MU is a quick thinker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"