Who is the best Boxer of all time?

Robinson, Wilde, Pep, Rocky, Ali, Monzon, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Chavez, Whitaker, Tyson, Jones Jr., Floyd, Manny

Honestly its pick what you like with so many all time greats.

Hands down.
giphy.gif

Ann Wolfe is the best female boxer of all time too.

Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano for me.

Probably a Prime Roy Jones Jnr for me followed closely by Prime Mike Tyson, the pair of them were destructive forces wiping the floors with everyone who crossed their paths.

Male: "Sugar" Ray Robinson, the original Pound for Pound King, 5X lineal middleweight champion, 1X lineal welterweight champion

His record looks like a damn video game character's career record:
173 Wins (108 knockouts, 65 decisions), 19 Losses (1 knockout, 18 decisions), 6 Draws, 2 No Contests

Female: "The First Lady" Cecilia Braekhus, currently riding a 25 fight title defense streak, 36-0-0-0, undisputed WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/IBO/Ring Welterweight champion, Ring Magazine Pound for Pound Champion

Mike Tyson is so overrated. His "prime" lasted about 4 years against tomato cans and a shot Larry Holmes. And during that time he was juiced and coked to the gills. He got battered by any top level opponent he faced. Fearsome and exciting for sure. But he should be no where near anyones top 10 ATG list. He would struggle to make my HW top 10.

Best technical boxer of all time is Floyd. But that doesn't make him the greatest.

1. Ali
2. Sugar Ray Robinson
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. George Foreman
5. Lennox Lewis/Sugar Ray Leonard.

Female: "The First Lady" Cecilia Braekhus, currently riding a 25 fight title defense streak, 36-0-0-0, undisputed WBA/WBC/IBF/WBO/IBO/Ring Welterweight champion, Ring Magazine Pound for Pound Champion

She can’t take Claressa Shields. That fight needs to happen though.

She can’t take Claressa Shields. That fight needs to happen though.
1. She has fought, way, way tougher competition than Shields. Shields has fought 6 decent fighters; Braekhus has beaten 17 other world champions including living legends like Anne Sophie Mathis (twice), Mia St. John, Myriam Lamare, Erica Annabella Farias, and Chevelle Hallbeck.

2. Shields got put on the canvas by Hanna Gabriel. Hanna Gabriel got KTFO by Oxandia Castillo, who in turn got KTFO in her very next fight by Braekhus. Shields also failed to stop Ivana Habazin, who was stopped by Mikaela Lauren, whom Braekhus stopped twice.

3. The only person who has fought both Shields and Braekhus, Ivana Habazin, said Braekhus would beat Shields.

Braekhus is pushing 40 but if Shields has the guts to drop one more weight class, the First Lady will out box her.

Shields doesn't hit hard. She still fights like an amateur.

Best technical boxer of all time is Floyd. But that doesn't make him the greatest.

1. Ali
2. Sugar Ray Robinson
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. George Foreman
5. Lennox Lewis/Sugar Ray Leonard.

Sure it does, if we're talking boxer and not fighter.

All those guys are better fighters, no complaint from me. But if we're talking best boxer, the art and science of scoring and taking minimal damage, outpointing your opponent, ring generalship, defense and movement, being able to make adjustments mid-bout, inside and outside skills...he's the best.

Specifically Pretty Boy Floyd, before the hand issues when he was more willing to engage while still having a defensive mindset? Nah man...he'd give ANYONE trouble...

Last edited:
As much as I don't like Floyd the human being, I think his persona has somehow actually made him UNDER-rated as a fighter.

He beat 24 other world champions in his career and didn't lose. That's just absurd. 5 division world champ, 4 division+5X lineal champ, lineal+unified king at both 154 and 147 at the end of his career.

They say styles make fights and Floyd beat everybody in every style. Southpaws, orthodox fighters, switch hitters. Bigger men, smaller men. Boxers, punchers, counter punchers. Older, younger, doesn't matter. He beat all the other legends of his era. Pac, Mosley, DLH, Castillo twice, C. Hernandez, G. Hernandez, Corrales, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Baldomir, Berto, Guerrero, Maidana twice, Ortiz, Canelo, Cotto, Gatti, Mitchell, Rios, Chavez...

Pac has beaten over 20 champs, but he also has 7 losses and 2 draws (and not even all of those were against champs). You could argue that Pac got robbed against Horn and Bradley, but then you'd have to acknowledge 2 or 3 Marquez robberies that went his way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"