Who should be the villain?

XMen031.jpg

Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity should be the antagonists in the first movie.

Arm the FoH to the teeth with weapons so we could get action scenes with the X-Men.
These organisations can be persistent long term threats too, appearing at least in the background across films, shows and spin-offs.

XMen031.jpg

Graydon Creed and the Friends of Humanity should be the antagonists in the first movie.

Arm the FoH to the teeth with weapons so we could get action scenes with the X-Men.
I can see the attempts of making MAGA allegories with this franchise.

I think it’s pretty much impossible not to if you’re going to tell an X story in 2022+

Not really about who the movie should have as the villain, just something weird I came across. I was looking for some polls about the most popular Marvel characters and came across some graphics from GAME UK about popular heroes and villains per country from last year based on Google search volume. For the villains the top 3 make sense since they're all big villains that have had a significant presence in movies and other media in recent years (Thanos, Joker, Venom). But then in 4th place it randomly has Emplate from Generation X being the most popular villain in 11 countries among which Egypt and Indonesia. I'm pretty sure there is some error here wrt how they looked at the data because there's no way Emplate is that high above Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Magneto, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, etc. But just thought I'd share it because it's kinda weird.
marvel-vs-dc-supervillain.jpg

Last edited:
I like the idea of Graydon Creed. Would also like to see Sinister play out in the background over time and gradually emerge as a huge threat. Lowkey kind of mad that Fox messed up Apocalypse. He is one of my favourite villains (that sounds weird).

Not really about who the movie should have as the villain, just something weird I came across. I was looking for some polls about the most popular Marvel characters and came across some graphics from GAME UK about popular heroes and villains per country from last year based on Google search volume. For the villains the top 3 make sense since they're all big villains that have had a significant presence in movies and other media in recent years (Thanos, Joker, Venom). But then in 4th place it randomly has Emplate from Generation X being the most popular villain in 11 countries among which Egypt and Indonesia. I'm pretty sure there is some error here wrt how they looked at the data because there's no way Emplate is that high above Catwoman, Lex Luthor, Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, etc. But just thought I'd share it because it's kinda weird.
marvel-vs-dc-supervillain.jpg
Haha, the world map looks cool with those icons.
:D

Hopefully Magneto, Apocalypse and Sinister feature in future versions once MCU X-Men properly get under way.

Don't know how relevant this would be for the MCU X-Men movies going forward, but there are rumors that the villain in Deadpool 3 will be
Danger. Based on the fact that in the teaser Ryan was reading a comic from a Wolverine + Deadpool VS Danger storyline and that scoopers are saying they're casting a woman age 30-50 for the villain.
2108723_xl.jpg

I'd love to start off with the Hellfire club, so we can get Emma a long arc over several movies.

I'd love to start off with the Hellfire club, so we can get Emma a long arc over several movies.
Well I hope they use the actual Hellfire Club members. Azazel and Riptide looked cool in First Class but they weren't in the Hellfire Club.

Zoe Kravitz despite playing my least favorite character in first class, has come a long way into her career.

XMen031.jpg

yes. i've been saying forever.

humans should be the first big bad they face. FOH, O:ZT, God Loves, Man Kills, the Purifiers, mix it up in a bowl. regular people are probably pissed off about all the collateral damage of the superhero showdowns. some charismatic psycho could definite rile up some people to fight back.
end the movie with some teasers at the sentinels being built. (maybe by Hammer Tech) and the second movie being a full fledged higher scale of this, the Brotherhood becomes public and fights back. the final battle being the Morlock Massacre to some variation.
and i'll spoiler this for those who haven't seen Secret Invasion
Fury had people collecting the DNA of the supers post battle. this could be a way to introduce Sinister and/or Kavita Rao and maybe the third film someone creates the Legacy Virus and they must destroy it before it's mass released. [/spoilers]

I really feel like Friends of Humanity would be a great storyline to bring the mutants to the marvel U. People are going to be afraid of all these super powered beings and now people are being born with them? :eek:

tie in some hints of O:ZT and specks of God Loves, Man Kills and you’ve got something. Heck, I could even see Hammer.taking on the contract to build the sentinels based on some botched wannabe hulk buster ripoff attempts. or start smaller in size and use nimrod-sized ones which could be similar to ultron tech. they could play true to the lore or adapt to fit in the universe now. Just some ideas on how they could.

i like the idea of the storyline on film, but maybe as the second or third film. all the human supers so far in MCU are "pretty" they don't really have any physical side effects of their powers aside from Hulk. and now Kamala is showing physical manifestations so i want to see how the public starts handling the "ugly" side of mutations

i still wanna see dazzler outed as a mutant during a performance. power outage during it reveals she's been doing all her lights and effects the whole time. pandemonium in the arena/club etc trying to escape after

i don't know if i want a "story arc"

but i feel like if the first movie was more of a FOH/OZT/ Purifiers storyline with humanity as the enemy would be a good way to bring them in. it can tie in to the MCU because you know there are people scared of all these super beings popping up now. Aliens, Gods, etc. they're gonna want to protect themselves and someone is going to want to tap into that hate.

that could evolve into the Morlock Massacre and Mutant Registration Act or something similar which would be an emotional event and a big trigger in human vs mutant relations. The MRA would be akin to the Sokovia Accords, again paralleling the MCU in a way while bringing them in. and while at the same time, the sentinel project could be done in the background or hinted at in the meantime, erupting in a big battle/showdown where they start hunting mutants a la Jubilee in the Night of the Sentinels episodes in X-Men the Animated Series and like the big showdown in Times Square in Ultimate X-Men (1?) where the team had to battle the Sentinels hunting them, and still saving people lives as the Sentinels went haywire (i think) and from all the damage and debris because they were designed to eradicate the mutants, collateral damage be damned.
i specifically remember in that issue a young Iceman who hadn't really grasped his powers freezing a sentinel mid-fall, saving tons of people from being crushed to death, and then once things were under control someone still throws a soda can or beer bottle at his head, busting it open.

this could be a 2 or 3 part arc since they seem to like to tell stories in arcs or phases lol

edit; and of course if they choose an older Hank, he could've went to school with Tony or maybe a younger hank was a student intern at stark industries where he got his hands on using tech or creating tech to build the danger room simulations.

i haven't given this much thought at all

i think i described it better over in the X-Lounge

Oh yes, if they use Emma I want them to show her go from Hellfire Club to arch-villain to losing the Hellions and setting up Gen X and her school with the X-Men. If we get that far it could lead to a lot of possibilities for future characters attending/graduating from her school too.

Karl Lykos / Sauron, a brilliant geneticist who partners with the Colonel John Wraith and the Mutant Response Division (MRD) to experiment on captured mutants & replicate their powers for in humans—thereby creating the U-Men.

The X-Men journey to Sauron’s base of operations on an island off the coast of Antarctica—the Savage Land— where they encounter dinosaurs!

At the end, Sauron’s research is retrieved by his shadowy benefactor, Mister Sinister.

Although, I would also be okay if you swapped Sauron/Savage Land with a heavier focus on Sentinels and Master Mold. A corrupt AI storyline is compelling, especially against the X-Men’s central theme of evolution.

Though I’d probably opt to make Master Mold more akin to Danger from Whedon’s run, similar to the amalgamation from Wolverine and the X-Men. She’s just a giant head until you find out there’s a whole giant robot body for the X-Men to fight (maybe the Sentinels the MRD use in the film are smaller in scale)

I'd actually like to see Arcade as the main villain of a first MCU X-Men . He's pretty radically different from most of the villains already utilised by the Fox movies, being flamboyant and comedic, which would make him quite a breath of fresh air where the X-Men movies are concerned, but also just the right level of threat to function as a starter villain for the group.

MrSinister and his gang for the first movie and then again for the third in the savage land.

Hmmm Brotherhood of Evil mutants wouldn't eXcite me that much. But seeing the gang in full comic book inspired look, could be something. Though I'm still tired of Magneto and Mystique.

Dark PhoeniX and Apocalypse really soured my interest to those characters.

I can't see Magneto being a long term villain in the MCU due to timeline issues and the fact that is backstory is tied to the holocaust (which they shouldn't change). Timeline wise, the MCU is in the year 2025. even if Magneto was born at the very end of WW2, he'd still be in his 80s. If he was actually around to have memories of the holocaust, thus fuelling his rage against humanity (with FOH and their hatred of mutants fuelling that rage further) then you're looking at someone in their 90s. An 80/90 year old is going to have the same energy get up and go levels as a younger X-Men team.

However you can't have Xavier without Magneto (it would be like Batman without The Joker) and they need Xavier around long enough to give his name to the X-Men, so they could have Magneto as a short term villain (played by Charles Dance) then kill him and Xavier off which then opens the story up to beyond the Xavier-Magnet conflict ( like they're doing in X-Men '97) and gives other villains the chance to take over (sentinels, Mr Sinister, etc).

Powerwise Polaris and Jean Grey would serve the same function as Magneto and Xavier so they could go that route, whilst making it clear that the two women are their own separate characters and not just a gender swapped Magneto and Xavier.

Mr Sinister would be a good choice as the pronounced emergence of mutants in the MCU is going to throw up questions of why it's started happening (I think they should tie it to the snap) so there are going to be studies and research into it which includes genetic research. Sinister being in on it and taking it further with experimentation eg he experiments on homeless people that aren't going to be missed and they become the Morlocks, then you can have the Morlock massacre where Sinister is basically covering his tracks and getting rid of evidence.

The FOH and Sentinels would work hand in hand with each other even though they're their own separate organisations so having FOH as recurring low level villains with the sentinels as the big major villains that keep coming back at various points over the years would highlight what the X-Men are facing. For the mastermold sentinel, they should do a giant tri-faced sentinel (like they showcased in X-Men '97) that thing was legitimately lethal on its own, difficult to defeat (sneak attacks were impossible), and the fact it was capable of producing more sentinels made it even deadlier. The produced sentinels shouldn't be the giant slow walking robots but smaller faster moving versions which means the mastermold can produce even more of them than it could of the big ones. The produced sentinels should be the velociraptors to the mastermold's T-Rex. The Mastermold is big and scary and dangerous but the produced sentinels can get in places where the mastermold can't, and once you're a target, they will hunt you down and hiding won't save you, at best it just buys you time.

Maybe this is a hot take but they need, like, a c-list villain. Just a guy you can easily explain as bad since the movie will have a big cast and you need to give them the spotlight. Plus obviously sinister will be the big bad but he works best in the shadows.

So the main villain just needs to be a Mr bad type guy not a magneto or apocalypse

Apocalypse
Bastion
Cassandra Nova
Dark PhoeniX
Donald Pierce
EXodus
Killian Devo
Madelyn Pyror
Magneto
Mojo
Mr. Sinister
Nimrod
Onslaught
Proteus
Sebastian Shaw
Selene
Shadow King
Vulcan

A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate: each choice, each moment, a moment in the ripple of time.

It is intriguing they’ve confirmed
Cassandra nova is not responsible for that big moment in the xmen cartoon. Maybe they’re saving her for the movie?

it is most likely because a cartoon that is credited by "Marvel Animation" and not "Marvel Studios" won't have an impact to the story-arc of an upcoming mcu film.

And that tv shows/movies that come out in the same year, usually feature a different villain, to differentiate themselves, and avoid overlapping by using the same characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"