Who still loves PS2? Is it just me?

Rocketman

Superhero
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I'm miles behind, but dammit, I've been happily in love with my PS2 since 2003.:hrt: Is it just me, or is the PS2 still freakin' awesome? It's not that I can't afford a PS3 - I can - it's just that I'm still having fun with my PS2. Maybe I'm nuts, lol.

List of games I own and still play:

1. Grand Theft Auto III
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
3. God of War
4. God of War II
5. Max Payne
6. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
7. Need for Speed: Underground 2
8. Gun
9. Half-Life
10. Area 51
11. Batman Begins
12. Batman: Vengeance
13. Spider-Man
14. Enter The Matrix
15. The Matrix: Path of Neo
16. FreekStyle
17. 007: Everything or Nothing
18. Manhunt
19. Devil May Cry
20. Mortal Kombat: Deception
21. ATV Offroad Fury
22. Sega Genesis Collection
23. Stuntman
24. SpyHunter
25. SSX
26. Resident Evil - Code: Veronica
27. Resident Evil 4
28. SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals
29. SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals
30. Call of Duty: Finest Hour

I love my PS2 games. Hell, I don't buy the HD remasters for PS3 because I already have them.

since my PS3 is the slim model with NO PS2 support I bust out my 11 year old launch PS2 'fat model' from time to time to play older games like Red Dead Revolver (got it before I got Red Dead Redemption) and the GTA games that came out before GTA 4 ;).

Metal Gear Solid 2 + 3, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Resident Evil 4, Red Faction, Shadow of the Colossus, Silent Hill 2, God of War 2, GTA: Vice City, Hitman: Blood Money, Burnout 3: Takedown, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Devil May Cry

Just some of the reasons that PS2 is the most awesome console evars. Of course I still love it :)

Dude,

PS2 was so great for it's time and I still love my PS2. Most of my favorite games came from PS2. Silent Hill 2 ftw and RE4 <3

I wish either my PS2 still worked or my PS3 could play my PS2 games.

Glad I'm not alone on this!

From what I understand, people who are buying the PS3 are either doing it for:

A) The Blu-Ray player
B) Netflix
C) Call of Duty / Arkham City

I already have A, I don't care about B, and I'll wait to buy C for PC. So what the hell am I missing? :word:

I agree that PS2 is the greatest console ever, absolutely.

People are buying PS3 because of COD and AC? That makes no sense to me.
I bought it thinking of its biggest exclusives at the time: God of War III and Uncharted 2. Then I discovered others such as InFamous and Killzone 3.
So, I chose PS3 instead of 360 because of the exclusives, and I was always a PS guy.

I still have my PS1 and my PS2 and yeah, I still love them.

People are buying PS3 because of COD and AC? That makes no sense to me.
I bought it thinking of its biggest exclusives at the time: God of War III and Uncharted 2. Then I discovered others such as InFamous and Killzone 3.
So, I chose PS3 instead of 360 because of the exclusives, and I was always a PS guy.

I still have my PS1 and my PS2 and yeah, I still love them.

From my perspective working in an electronics store, those two are probably the hottest games in recent memory - maybe even the past 5 years. It's all I see anyone wanting, 95% of the time. They won't shut up about it. MW3 was hailed as "the most anticipated game in history." Not in recent memory - in HISTORY. I personally think it's become overhyped nonsense.

The only others that I see people freaking out about are indeed God of War III, Battlefield III, Infamous, Uncharted, and Killzone - none of which I'm particularly interested in, except for God of War III.

So, based on a Venn Diagram I have in my head, I'd be buying a Blu-Ray player I already own, a Netflix capability that I don't care about, and probably three games altogether (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, God of War III) - and it would cost me essentially $400 to play three new games. Seems unnecessary for someone like me. I'm not much of a "gamer".

Meanwhile, to this day, BLACK on PS2 is still hailed as the greatest FPS of all-time, and I personally don't see that experience getting much better. BLACK is undoubtedly the greatest FPS ever made for any console, and there are countless people on the Internet who still say so too. It's the one that started it all, and it's been mimicked ever since. That game genuinely blows my mind.

Last edited:
What I found weird is that they would chose specifically the PS3 to play CoD and AC, when they can also pick the 360 or the PC.

Or maybe you just meant that they wanted a current gen console and they just chose a PS3.

What I found weird is that they would chose specifically the PS3 to play CoD and AC, when they can also pick the 360 or the PC.

Or maybe you just meant that they wanted a current gen console and they just chose a PS3.

Yes. :awesome:

PS2 was awesome and changed the game.

Gave you a DVD player and videogame console. For me, for the last decade it was pound for pound the best console.

Glad I'm not alone on this!

From what I understand, people who are buying the PS3 are either doing it for:

A) The Blu-Ray player
B) Netflix
C) Call of Duty / Arkham City

I already have A, I don't care about B, and I'll wait to buy C for PC. So what the hell am I missing? :word:

I agree that PS2 is the greatest console ever, absolutely.

Lol, if you don;t need/want a PS3, thats cool, but you don't need to justify it with nonsense. :yay:

People buy the PS3 for the same reasons that others by the 360 and Wii - they like the games and abilities the system offers. Sure, there might be an exclusive game that someone wants that causes them to go one way or another (MGS4 for me), but its not just the 3 reasons you've mentioned. There are plenty of great games for PS3 as well as other reasons to buy one outside for those three you mentioned.

But yes, the PS2 was a great system. Mine stopped working years ago, however.

Sure, there might be an exclusive game that someone wants that causes them to go one way or another (MGS4 for me)

MGS4 was one of the main reasons I bought a PS3, of course since then I've found a bunch of other amazing games on the console. Plus the Blu-Ray player swayed me over the Wii or Xbox.

With that said, I do regret selling my PS2 a couple years ago. I miss all the Gundam games I had for it - especially since the sole Gundam game released in North America for the PS3 sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"