Sequels Who will be the main VILLAIN in a X-Men: Apocalypse Sequel?

As far as I know, they do (I think they have to). It's just where they put him.

You can take Karl Lykos outside the Savage Land. I prefer him on it but he's not restricted to it imo. Play up the Vampire angle and how Karl transforms after consuming Mutant energy. He could be a villian of New Mutant's or X-Force in a sequel.

If the franchise does have any designs on "going cosmic", they'd probably be better-served by doing it before the inevitable Avengers and Justice League movies (well, in the case of the latter it may already be too late, depending on the contents of JL Part 1).

Well they beat both to the punch for the big blue bad guy with nigh omnipotent powers and god complex by doing Apocalypse before Thanos or Darkseid. They may not be able to beat the Avengers into space, but Avengers and Justice League will likely have the same rough adventure (stop aforementioned evil omnipotent super-being). X-Men will have already been there. Go crazy with it with aliens, the whatever crystal, the Phoenix. I guess I am saying make it more like Guardians of the Galaxy (before the generic third act) and less like what we know the others are doing.

It was never said and confirmed by anyone that it was a swan song for them. People just expect that "ITS" their swan song because there's isn't an upcoming film lined up for them. Well didn't people expect X3 to be their last film as well, and that wasn't case at all.

And I just find it hard to believe that a film series that started in the present period, would continue and possibly end in the past period with their younger version? Its just not very ideal for me. Personally, the whole prequel thing doesn't just appeal to me. LIke a trilogy okay but for the rest of franchise? Nope. Even in the comics, when I pick up comics, I don't buy comic book issues set in the past (First Class, Uncanny X-Men First Class) unless there's a cross-over that is connected to the present-time titles.

Who says they have to stay in the past? Days of Future Past introduced time travel. Deadpool 2 (and presumably X-Factor) will use more of it.

I just doubt you cast these "young actors" when in 5 years (so, maybe in their third X-Men movie, if that?) they will be in their prime and the right age for what folks are looking for from these characters.

I will agree that you can never say never about the original cast, but the point seems to be about moving on. And now that Jackman says he is done after Wolverine 3, it feels kind of final. Whoever shows up in Wolverine 3 too (which might end up not even being set in continuity since it's loosely based on Old Man Logan) will get an encore. But once Jackman is gone, they really are not desperate for Halle Berry to play Storm again. Of course, they left the door open but it feels pretty final.

It depends on the writer, even though Mr. Sinister is a big bad like Magneto/Apocalypse, I never find him (his ideology) similar as those two. And going cosmic after Apocalypse just seems a bit much to me, like at this point. So I feel like that shouldn't happen after Apocalypse.

I mean he can have a different ideology, which is what will hopefully differentiate Apocalypse from Magneto and Shaw (who was meant to be a porto-magneto in XFC). However, it will be yet another mutant who gets an army of cool mutants to fight the heroic mutants.

I feel like after Apocalypse that kind of storyline will be played out for a long while.

You can take Karl Lykos outside the Savage Land. I prefer him on it but he's not restricted to it imo. Play up the Vampire angle and how Karl transforms after consuming Mutant energy. He could be a villian of New Mutant's or X-Force in a sequel.

Now that is a cool idea. I do hope the X-Force, especially if it ends up as an R-rated alternative to X-Men, is much less major "world in peril" stuff. The idea o them fighting a creepy mutant vampire could be fun. And since he looks like a dinosaur, but they don't have the rights to dinosaurs, it would lead to some terrific material for Reynolds' Deadpool to meta-commentate on. That is actually a great idea.

I believe it's time to introduce Sinister but in a Emperor from Star Wars type way.

He should only be seen in his lair for a couple movies while having his Marauders do the heavy lifting.

Who says they have to stay in the past? Days of Future Past introduced time travel. Deadpool 2 (and presumably X-Factor) will use more of it.

I was referring to the main X-Team which excludes Deadpool/Gambit/X-Force which are basically X-Men spin-offs.

I mean he can have a different ideology, which is what will hopefully differentiate Apocalypse from Magneto and Shaw (who was meant to be a porto-magneto in XFC). However, it will be yet another mutant who gets an army of cool mutants to fight the heroic mutants.

Shaw in the movie series was pretty much all about power, while Apocalypse's motive is keeping the strong ones. With Mr. Sinister, they could keep it pretty-low key and just have all the conflict to the X-Men without end-of-the-world scenario or the government being involved. And evil mutants VS heroic mutants is inevitable when it comes to X-Men stories.

Exodus is strong enough to take on the X-Men

2167969-legacy_261c.jpg

They probably won't give Magneto the Acolytes so give them to Exodus or Fabian Cortez

I was referring to the main X-Team which excludes Deadpool/Gambit/X-Force which are basically X-Men spin-offs.

I just meant that the series has used time travel before and they are using it again. There is no reason to expect that just because the First Class trilogy is set in the past that they cannot send the heroes into the future somehow in another movie. It would also mean the timeline has changed again, so anything can happen.

Shaw in the movie series was pretty much all about power, while Apocalypse's motive is keeping the strong ones. With Mr. Sinister, they could keep it pretty-low key and just have all the conflict to the X-Men without end-of-the-world scenario or the government being involved. And evil mutants VS heroic mutants is inevitable when it comes to X-Men stories.

I do like the idea of it just being about him vs. the X-Men. I just think a few movies away from either it being about an evil mutant or the U.S. government would be smart. And again, going cosmic for a few installments means that they can do stuff they have never done before, then bring it back to Earth and Sinister down the road.

Also, I hope with the new cast that they really focus on exploring the relationships. In the original films it was all about Logan and the Professor, the Professor and Magneto, and (in the first one) Logan and Rogue. I think First Class has done a good job building its central characters (Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and to a lesser extent Beast). But now, I would like to see one that really dives into building up Scott, Jean, Storm, and Nightcrawler like we have never seen before.

Well I think they could go cosmic just not after Apocalypse and at this point, I feel like its still a little too early for it.

I just meant that the series has used time travel before and they are using it again. There is no reason to expect that just because the First Class trilogy is set in the past that they cannot send the heroes into the future somehow in another movie. It would also mean the timeline has changed again, so anything can happen.

Thats definitely possible but the question of "will their present version will make an appearance" would always be brought up if they timetravel to the present and I just don't like that whatever happens in the past or even if they time-travel.... we already saw their end game in DOFP. ANd if they ignore that happy ending, its another inconsistency to the continuity of the series.

Well I think they could go cosmic just not after Apocalypse and at this point, I feel like its still a little too early for it.

In terms of the characters? Maybe. Then again they are fighting Apocalypse here. In terms of a franchise that will have 6 movies? It is time to change things up again in the next one to keep it fresh.

Thats definitely possible but the question of "will their present version will make an appearance" would always be brought up if they timetravel to the present and I just don't like that whatever happens in the past or even if they time-travel.... we already saw their end game in DOFP. ANd if they ignore that happy ending, its another inconsistency to the continuity of the series.

You are right that is the most likely hurdle. Then again, as I keep saying, they could totally Interstellar it where because of time relativity, they will not age but the Earth will. It would also mean that the events changed the timeline again, so the ending of DoFP is not canon. Yes that would upset some fans, but it would change the chessboard again, which is the idea I keep having to solve this issue.

Ignoring the new future just to give more freedom to the writers on what they can do to the younger version just doesn't sound good, it would make DOFP meaningless and it screws up the continuity and it makes things confusing for the mainstream. They might as well do a total reboot like start from scratch without any connection to the previous films.

And about going cosmic, the characters that are in the 80s (or if they do a time jump again, the 90s) are STILL and look young. They need to be more experienced especially if they are going to space to face Alien speices. And IMO, they have enough Earth based enemies from the comics that yet to appear in the films and I just feel like introducing Shi'ar or whatever Alien species right after Apocalypse is just way early.

Ignoring the new future just to give more freedom to the writers on what they can do to the younger version just doesn't sound good, it would make DOFP meaningless and it screws up the continuity and it makes things confusing for the mainstream. They might as well do a total reboot like start from scratch without any connection to the previous films.

And about going cosmic, the characters that are in the 80s (or if they do a time jump again, the 90s) are STILL and look young. They need to be more experienced especially if they are going to space to face Alien speices. And IMO, they have enough Earth based enemies from the comics that yet to appear in the films and I just feel like introducing Shi'ar or whatever Alien species right after Apocalypse is just way early.

Belated response, sorry. I actually have no issue leaving the X-Men movies in the '80s and '90s. Those decades were kind of the golden age for the characters and they fit really well into it (mind you I thought they fit really well into the '60s and '70s as well wit hate last two). These creations are rooted in the mid-to-late 20th century and there s something fitting about seeing them there.

I was just saying if it is such a concern to fans and the studio to see them crossover with Deadpool and whatever mutants will wind up in X-Force (I would miss Colossus myself), then yes time travel could be an easy fix.

As for going cosmic, we will have had six earthbound X-Men movies. While Mr. Sinister is quite different from Apocalypse, who is different from Magneto, the earliest appeal of DoFP (besides a crossover of mutants) was seeing the Sentinels and a new kind of story (time travel). Even though Apocalypse is introducing ideas like ancient mutant history and a godlike enemy, I do notice folks have a bit of a "been here done that" vibe, because it is another mutant who wants to destroy the world that the X-Men have to stop.

Doing a film where things go cosmic and just in a different direction would be a fun curveball just like Days of Future Past was, I think. Also, if they must really redo Phoenix, which Bryan who will at least stay as a producer seems very keen on doing, going the full space bound tilt will give them a lot of room to make it fresh and quite different from what came before.

Personally, I just think going to space, going cosmic right after Apocalypse, its too early, yes it would fresh and very different for a X-Men film but I just feel like after that, they would like run out of bigger things to do because they already went to space and meet some aliens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"