• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who will the next big bad be?

Well based on the latest portrayal of a certain Latverian ruler, looks like Doom is set to be the ultimate threat/savior of the known universe(s)...look to the upcoming Secret Wars storyline and Doom is now a huge force...thanks to the brilliance of Jonathan Hickman's writing...Doom is back on top of the villains...where he should ALWAYS BE

So in other words...Marvel/Disney need to find some loophole in the Fox contracts and seize Doom back from them...adapt him right...and let the movie audiences be in awe of how a TRUE VILLAIN can be adapted correctly....

I really think MoE or Osborn would be good choices. Something Earth based, where instead of spreading gems through various movies you pick up villains from the solos. I don't think it would be a 3 phase deal like Thanos, but that's part of the appeal. Where do you go after the big cosmic threat? Switch directions, go for something more Earth based and personal. Thanos is a huge threat, but picking various characters team members have gone against one on one who have their own goals and reasons for revenge while sharing a group goal is a whole different flavor. I think it would be a refreshing turn after universe ending destruction.

Then you can brig in Galactus/Kang/Skrulls/Beyonder.

I don't think any human or even man-made villain (like Ultron) quite measures up. The next threat has to be even bigger than Thanos, and that's a tall order.

Personally, I think a smaller, Earth-based threat would serve as a nice refresher after the massive spectacle of Infinity War.

But why would something like that require the entire Marvel universe to team up? I mean, that's what we're talking about here, right? Thanos is so powerful that everyone is presumably going to need to work together to take him down. So while smaller, earth-based threats are great for individual movies (or even individual franchises) and villain that is a threat to the MCU as a whole needs to be at least as powerful as Thanos. Why would the Guardians for example be concerned about an earth-based threat?

But why would something like that require the entire Marvel universe to team up? I mean, that's what we're talking about here, right? Thanos is so powerful that everyone is presumably going to need to work together to take him down. So while smaller, earth-based threats are great for individual movies (or even individual franchises) and villain that is a threat to the MCU as a whole needs to be at least as powerful as Thanos. Why would the Guardians for example be concerned about an earth-based threat?

We don't need to jump into another long running threat like Thanos for a while, i mean, Phase IV's villain could very easily be Norman Osborn, he wouldn't need to fill those shoes for 2 Phases more, and there's no need to put the Guardians of the galaxy into the mix, i mean, Ultron is only facing the Avengers too, and he's Phase II's Main boss.

I don't see any reason to bring in the cosmic characters all the time. These are Avengers films after all. The focus should be on the actual Avengers.

now that spiderman is canon, I wonder if they'll bring in norman osborn & the whole iron patriot thing as a major play in the mcu.

Even though we have gotten the Loki invasion and the Ultron saga, Thanos is still having his presence be built up through these first 3 phases. With everyone getting solo stories or ensemble flicks like Civil War where other villains will feature. If that format continues for the nest 2 or 3 phases then there could be a similar setup for someone like Kang the Conquerer playing the Thanos role for example. That doesn't mean villains like Norman Osborn, Kingpin, Masters of Evil, Thunderbolts or Squadron Sinister can't be major baddies in new Avengers films.

Then you would get another big finale involving the revelation of Kang at the end of phase 5 or 6. Or someone else but you get the idea.

Out of the characters Marvel owns, Kang is the biggest threat left & I can see Marvel building him up as they are doing with Thanos. If Marvel can get FF back then they'd have Dr Doom as a villain for damn near every series, Annihilus for the cosmic guys & Galactus as the new supreme baddie.

Norman could serve as a Loki-type conduit to a larger threat, in which his machinations unleash a seemingly unstoppable force of destruction.

The stakes don't always have to be the universe exploding. Sometimes it's more personal, which is what Marvel thrives on.

I really think MoE or Osborn would be good choices. Something Earth based, where instead of spreading gems through various movies you pick up villains from the solos. I don't think it would be a 3 phase deal like Thanos, but that's part of the appeal. Where do you go after the big cosmic threat? Switch directions, go for something more Earth based and personal. Thanos is a huge threat, but picking various characters team members have gone against one on one who have their own goals and reasons for revenge while sharing a group goal is a whole different flavor. I think it would be a refreshing turn after universe ending destruction.

Then you can brig in Galactus/Kang/Skrulls/Beyonder.

The Beyonder could become a long running threat leading to a Secret Wars.

I honestly have no idea where they will go after Phase Three. They will peak so heavily in Infinity War. I imagine it will focus on the Fallout of Thanos so I don't see anything massive like Galactus (even if they had the rights). Masters of Evil is a nice idea but I was hoping for something like that in Infinity War Part 1 as a kind of warm up for Thanos.
My bet is on a Dark Avengers headed by Norman Osborn (Green Goblin) but I even think this is a bit weak. It is so far away it is difficult to comprehend.

I like the Kang suggestion. There would be numerous story lines they could do with him messing with time.

Only one option for me:

Kang-the-Conqueror.jpg

1. Doom if they get the FF rights back
2. Kang
3. Red Skull

Why does majority thinks cosmic big baddies is the best choice? In my opinion, departed from cosmic big bad after Thanos fallout would bring more color and freshness on MCU

If Marvel were to get the rights back, Doom. He's not only a big villain to the F4, but the MU in general. I feel that he's the main thing that's missing from the MCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"