• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who should be the next big bad to conquer after Thanos?

Korvac would be my choice. Easily could show up in GOG movies as a main villain and then move to Earth.

Death.

And Black Holes.:whatever:
what.gif

Yeah. Or even a view from a spaceship or castle with some hi-tech spy viewer. It'd be a great opportunity to hint at Reed too. I really liked how they brought in CM with Fury in IW.

I like the way you think...great minds think alike

I would prefer the fifth Avengers film to be a considerably smaller team than we've seen (and will see). For that to happen, I think we'll need a lesser villain; one that still poses a threat (especially to Captain Marvel who's going to be in the line-up moving forwards) but not so much of a threat that everyone is needed to defeat them.

Doom, as suggested, would be a good addition as an Avengers villain, though he needs to appear in, and be built up through other films first, rather than just shoved in an Avengers film. I wouldn't mind an Injustice League (of sorts) for the fifth instalment; an ensemble of villains that require a different tactic from the Avengers in order to defeat. The previous films have had a singular enemy, and once they'd been defeated, it was game over; Loki, Ultron, Thanos (in Endgame). I'd like Avengers 5 to be a film where the villainous group need to be defeated, rather than an individual.

Could even throw in someone like Namor into this antagonistic team, only to have him turn on his comrades at some point and join the Avengers, setting him up as an anti-hero/avenger himself?

Last edited:
I would prefer the fifth Avengers film to be a considerably smaller team than we've seen (and will see). For that to happen, I think we'll need a lesser villain; one that still poses a threat (especially to Captain Marvel who's going to be in the line-up moving forwards) but not so much of a threat that everyone is needed to defeat them.

Doom, as suggested, would be a good addition as an Avengers villain, though he needs to appear in, and be built up through other films first, rather than just shoved in an Avengers film. I wouldn't mind an Injustice League (of sorts) for the fifth instalment; an ensemble of villains that require a different tactic from the Avengers in order to defeat. The previous films have had a singular enemy, and once they'd been defeated, it was game over; Loki, Ultron, Thanos (in Endgame). I'd like Avengers 5 to be a film where the villainous group need to be defeated, rather than an individual.

Could even throw in someone like Namor into this antagonistic team, only to have him turn on his comrades at some point and join the Avengers, setting him up as an anti-hero/avenger himself?
I definitely want a "Smaller scale" Avengers film for the next one. I'm not sure which villain would fit that bill

The X-men and the Fantastic Four. Make them all fight each other. Captain Marvel’s, Professor X’s and Reed Richards’ mothers have all been kidnapped by Doom and they are forced to fight each other....

I would love to see a smaller scale film. More individualized films. What about Annihilus?? He seems like a really cool baddie

The Incredible Hulk punching a black hole and saving the universe through an insertion of his fist. Sarcasm cancelled by sarcasm?

The whole whose next to defeat trope I think needs to be misaligned at some point is what I was after.

i still think Galactus would make ost sense as it could lead to other future superhero blockbuster films like Silver Surfer. and the heralds of Galatus could lead to several other superhero spinoffs.
but i do wonder if Galactus vs Kang the Conqueror could also come down to financial expenses.

Galactus (and his herald Silver Surfer) could be considerable more expensive than Kang.

The X-men and the Fantastic Four. Make them all fight each other. Captain Marvel’s, Professor X’s and Reed Richards’ mothers have all been kidnapped by Doom and they are forced to fight each other....

I would love to see a smaller scale film. More individualized films. What about Annihilus?? He seems like a really cool baddie

I don't know if it's big enough but I say a Wolverine vs Hulk movie could fill in an Avenger gap nicely.

Would Galactus be too similar to Thanos? (in a cosmic sense)

Doom would definitely be cool, so I would be down for that, too.

I actually saw a theory that Thanos did what he did to stop Galactus. Now whilst I don't believe that I do like the idea.

I would save the neXt big bad for Phase 5/6 when the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are FFinally introduced! I want a 1 and done villain for Avenger5 but done better than Ultron.

I would save the neXt big bad for Phase 5/6 when the X-Men and the Fantastic Four are FFinally introduced! I want a 1 and done villain for Avenger5 but done better than Ultron.

Yeah I mean they've set a tone here right? You build up to a mega villain but in the meantime you contend with lots of others. So if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Kang is the best choice. Use the 5th and 6th Avengers movies as well as the solo movies in between and after to build to Kang War in the 7th and 8th Avengers movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"