• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who should be the next big bad to conquer after Thanos?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Infinity Saga was 22 films built up over a decade with Thanos being built towards as being the big bad...so if there is gonna be a future big bad in this franchise after Thanos...then who should it be? What saga to build towards next?

Doom. He's an earthling and not an alien like Thanos. And he would be a completely different threat that isn't cosmic in nature.

But they could build up 2 villains and then have Doom steal the other's power and usurp him/her.

This is the only answer:

9565490aeaf4b4be451feb4c14f80e4c--marvel-art-marvel-comics.jpg

Yeah but Doom would easily be beaten by all The Avengers which is probably why I would go with Galactus now as far as having more time to think about it

Yeah but Doom would easily be beaten by all The Avengers which is probably why I would go with Galactus now as far as having more time to think about it
Depends. Doom is definitely smarter than all the Avengers(including both Banner and Tony) and would hatch an ingenious plan that would out-wit them..

And he can easily be more than a match for them if he has gets cosmic powers(he did steal the Silver's powers once).

Last edited:
Depends. Doom is definitely smarter than all the Avengers(including both Banner and Tony) and would hatch an ingenious plan that would out-wit them..

And he can easily be more than a match for them if he has he cosmic powers(he did steal the Silver's powers once).

Then in that case Doom could prove to be formidable

Then in that case Doom could prove to be formidable

Doom is the most formidable villain in the Marvel Universe even if he isn't the most powerful. That's why he's the premier villain.

Doom is the most formidable villain in the Marvel Universe even if he isn't the most powerful. That's why he's the premier villain.

Yeah I gather that but to see him fight people like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider Man, etc he would get his was handed to him pretty easily without powers. However, if they bring the Silver Surfer into this next saga of films then if Doom steals Norrin Radd's power he could pretty much be just as powerful as Thanos

Yeah I gather that but to see him fight people like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider Man, etc he would get his was handed to him pretty easily without powers. However, if they bring the Silver Surfer into this next saga of films then if Doom steals Norrin Radd's power he could pretty much be just as powerful as Thanos

Doom without powers? Are you saying Iron Man would get his ass handed to him by these people? Because there's not much difference there. Similar kind of armour tech and genius resourcefulness. And let's not forget he knows some kind of sorcery too.

Doom without powers? Are you saying Iron Man would get his ass handed to him by these people? Because there's not much difference there. Similar kind of armour tech and genius resourcefulness. And let's not forget he knows some kind of sorcery too.

Yeah he does but even then if Strange gets involved...ballgame changes

Yeah he does but even then if Strange gets involved...ballgame changes

I get the feeling you only seem to know the versions of Doom from either the 2005/2007 movie or Fant4stic.

Doom is never one to be underestimated. What Doom might lack in a particular power, he makes up for in resourcefulness and genius and sheer will power. He's like the villain equivalent of Captain America. There might be more powerful foes, but Cap will find a way to win. Same with Doom.

And the likes of Strange, Panther, Captain Marvel etc are only more likely to even the playing field against Doom, not outmatch him. Remember he stole the power of Silver Surfer, Galactus and even the Beyonder.

No hero should ever think they can hand his ass to him. They would be seriously mistaken.

If your going to introduce the F4 this phase or cycle I say Kang. That way you can get a little more mileage before Doom is an Avenger level threat.

If your going to introduce the F4 this phase or cycle I say Kang. That way you can get a little more mileage before Doom is an Avenger level threat.

Kang could be like the Ultron level type threat before you delve into Doom

Then in that case I would go with Doom...at least you can build towards him for like a decade much like how everything was interconnected and built towards Thanos

You don't build towards Doom like you did with Thanos. You don't merely have him lurking in the background and no-one ever encounters or battles him. That's not how it works with him.

Instead you have different heroes actually battling Doom in different movies. Sometimes they seem to win, but then realise that maybe he's gotten away with something else that he really wanted or that the hero only defeated a Doombot. Or sometimes it's a stalemate.

It's not the same as Thanos where it culminates in the heroes only battling him once like Infinity War/ Endgame.

The reason he is the premiere villain in the Marvel Universe is that everyone has fought him.

So it's FF vs Doom, Black Panther vs Doom, Dr Strange vs Doom, Spider-Man vs Doom, Avengers vs Doom etc. Lots of smaller skirmishes and battles. Then maybe at the end they take on a Doom who has stolen the power of a more powerful entity.

I really am in favor of introducing Doom in BP2, Latveria Vs Wakanda would be a match up for the ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"