Why do you prefer DC?

DC is basically doing alot of good with its characters,and DC has been doing alot of good with its characters.Marvel has just run itself into the ground,and i hate it that they think Civil War is better than Infinite Crisis.

LOL! I love when people cant grasp the concept of opinion.

everyone has opinions man... just most peoples are wrong!

sethcohen said:
everyone has opinions man... just most peoples are wrong!

Like your opinion that Bart sucks as Flash.:o

hippie_hunter said:
DC has continuity and Marvel doesn't. Don't get me wrong I like Marvel's character's and know the basis, I just don't read their comics

Reading that comment really makes me feel newbish :(

I'm glad now that I've started going into Marvel. Astonishing X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Captain America, Cable & Deadpool, and others are seriously rocking right now!

Although I still do like DC better, I get the feeling that DC treats their characters with more respect than Marvel does. And I like DC's tighter continuity. And DC has my favorite superhero: Aquaman!

Darthphere said:
Like your opinion that Bart sucks as Flash.:o
no, thats fact... it shouldnt be, but it is... the current crappy bart we have now thats been prematurely aged sucks as the flash

Personally, I prefer DC because I enjoy the overall feel of the characters.

I admit, before I was like many people who had never picked up a comic before - I liked Marvel better because I felt their characters to be more real and I hated Superman. When I finally found a comic shop that didn't take over an hour to get to, I only got the Ultimate Marvel books.

Then I picked up Infinite Crisis #1 and met Geoff and Phil. Now I love DC. Every week I go into my local shop and the majority of my pulls are DC. Each week I end up adding a title or two to my list. I love the characters that DC has forged. I'm far more interested in them than I am Spider-Man and Wolverine (Currently.). I don't care for relatability or "realism". It's a comic - I don't want to see my life on page, nor do I want there to be any "reaslism. I just want great characters that work together, with interesting stories.

(If anyone wants to recommend any titles, I'd appreciate it.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"