• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why does Syfy suck?

Recently, they have specialized in those low-production-value movies with abysmal special CGI effects.

Yeah, Sci-Fi blows now. Who's the genius who green lighted that show with dudes walking around in the dark looking for "ghosts?" The wrestling's bad enough, but that ghost hunting crap is even worse. Then there's other garbage like Scare Tactics which is pretty lame too.

I don't expect a single channel to corner the market on genre entertainment. But I would like to see more of it on there.

The UK's SYFY channel shows both V and Human Target...thats all i watch

As far as I'm concerned, money can not be used as an excuse...

The channel has a live action Star Wars series coming. You will not find a franchise that will be more demanding than Star Wars. If they can afford Star Wars, then certainly Planet Of The Apes is affordable...why not a Matrix series based on Zion's continuing struggles against the machines? Why not a new Star Trek series...maybe focusing on Klingons or something so that it can be focused more on action and less on talking? Certainly franchises like Powers, the Gold Key/Valiant titles like Magnus, Solar and Turok and tons of others would be relatively cheap in comparison to Star Wars.

Ugh I just saw a commercial for the Princess of Mars movie starring Antonio Sabato Jr. and Traci Lords that Syfy's showing as one of their friday movies. :barf:

Another thing that occurred to me...Syfy has done a few special based on Oz...that property is public domain, so why not a series based on what's going on there?? It at least has name value...

Ugh I just saw a commercial for the Princess of Mars movie starring Antonio Sabato Jr. and Traci Lords that Syfy's showing as one of their friday movies. :barf:

Thought it's a Saturday movie? That's when they usually air any 'new' ones

those "**** sandwich" movies, as I like to call them, bring Syfy their steady viewership...I know people who only watch the channel when the new ones are on Saturday or Sunday nights

and Im all for anything that keeps Dean Cain gainfully employed

One of my biggest complaints about the channel is the lack of great shows, documentaries, and mystery shows. I remember when Sci-Fi would show The Incredible Hulk, Spawn, different shows and films of japanese anime, and then the documentary shows like Unsolved Mysteries and Sightings.

Most of those shows have moved to Chiller though.

What's happening to Sci-Fi is what has happened to Cartoon Network. The whole transformation is them removing what made them unique and popular, and in the process, adding a whole new dimension that people no longer tune into anymore.

Unique, yes....popular....depends on what you mean

their viewership NOW is really no different than what it was 10 years ago...it might even be higher because of shows like Warehouse 13 and Caprica

I think the reason for the lack of old stuff is that the network wants its own material out there, they don't want to be a dumping ground for old or cancelled shows....this came about when people wanted them to pick up Jericho back when it got cancelled

Unique, yes....popular....depends on what you mean

their viewership NOW is really no different than what it was 10 years ago...it might even be higher because of shows like Warehouse 13 and Caprica

I think the reason for the lack of old stuff is that the network wants its own material out there, they don't want to be a dumping ground for old or cancelled shows....this came about when people wanted them to pick up Jericho back when it got cancelled

i hadn't watch syfy in months. they quite playing show now their playing moives. the moive are dumb. idon't like star trek or star gate much. i hadn't watch it in months. idid watch it when they played early edition. i used to liked it when they showed slider quatma leap the hulk and the invisable man .why is there showing wresling? what does that got to do with scifi?

They still show Early Edition, Quantum Leap, and even Sliders on occasion....mostly during their 8-4 block

Stargate is their bread and butter, has been ever since they picked up SG-1 in season 5, when Showtime got rid of it

Wrestling ended up there for a couple reasons

1. They are owned by Universal, who has a tv deal with WWE

2. WWE paid them good money for the timeslot

3. both Universal and WWE figures it might pick up some viewers there, on the random assumption that some sci fi fans are also wrestling fans

I think Sci-Fi started going downhill when MST3K went off the air. They had a few good things to keep me coming back, but once the last MST3K re-run aired, I left. The only thing that draws me back now is Destination Truth.

I think Sci-Fi started going downhill when MST3K went off the air. They had a few good things to keep me coming back, but once the last MST3K re-run aired, I left. The only thing that draws me back now is Destination Truth.

Is that the show where the go looking for strange creatures and stuff and never find anything. Like Ghost Hunters, they always capture some sound, some little blip of light,a rustle in the trees, but nothing more than that.

I heard they're not doing a Twilight Zone marathon on the fourth of July this year.

Boo. :dry::down

I think they did it on Memorial Day....I know they did it for New Years Day

But Fourth of July + Twilight Zone just go together for me. Fireworks, BBQ, Twilight Zone... that's a good day.

Yeah, but she was on The Cleaner that spanned pretty much from BSG to Hawaii Five-O. She's been there.... she's been there.

dude, like 7 people watched that show....it doesn't count

and put your pants back on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"