• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Why does Syfy suck?

Is that the show where the go looking for strange creatures and stuff and never find anything. Like Ghost Hunters, they always capture some sound, some little blip of light,a rustle in the trees, but nothing more than that.

Yeah, they rarely catch anything, but unlike Ghost Hunters the host is entertaining as hell (at least I think so) and the may attraction for me is seeing him and his crew exploring cultures and new lands. Every now and then they do find something a bit more substantial then the GH as well.

Saw the new preview for the Phantom series.....not impressed.

does any one know when the phantom series is going to come to syfy ? i hadn't seen the preivew only on you tube.

:o I watch mostly the mini-series or tv movies on Sat or Sunday night. Some of them I actually like, most of them ugh...no. The one on this past Sat night was okay...mostly because it had Peter Wingfield from Highlander the series and it has Castiel from Supernatural! :awesome:. The best part though was the final half hour ish. I was actually going 'Is Castiel gonna get there in time?!'

Man-Thing (Brett Leonard messed up script I read?)
Ice Spiders (Tibor Takacs)
The Black Hole(Tibor Takacs)
Android Apocalypse (Paul Ziller)
Stonehenge Apocalypse(Paul Ziller)
Mansquito (Tibor Takacs)
Beyond Loch Ness (Paul Ziller)
Baal(Paul Ziller)
Wyvern (Steven R. Monroe)

Kinda like 3 out of the 4 Stephen Baldwin ones though...^ those directors deserve better than doing Syfy movies imho. Except for Brett...he is one of the reaons for the EPIC FAIL called Highlander the source. Tim Cox of Larva and Mammoth has moved onto at east DTV or theater release now.

Sci-Fi channel hasn't been great since the late 90's. Simply put!

Syfy is dying...and it saddens me. I used to love the Sci-Fi channel....2007 IMO was its last great year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i82a006de3290b1a640abe4955fec5e93

Syfy to let viewers "create" an original movie

Syfy is giving online fans a chance to write and design every aspect of an upcoming Saturday night creature feature.

The network is launching a production site, B Movie Mogul, where fans can vote and pitch ideas for the film, from title, creatures, wardrobe, dialogue and character deaths to promotional taglines.

The resulting "script" will be shot as a two-hour Syfy original movie to be released next year.

"We constantly have fans e-mailing with compliments, complaints and questions about our movies, and this is a way of involving the fans in a new way," said Thomas Vitale, executive vp programming and original movies. "This is where entertainment is going and just the start of many more things of this nature for Syfy."

Syfy is teaming with entertainment site IGN on the site; the partnership will last 15 months and launch Friday. The first stage will have fans voting on one of three overall concepts for the movie: a 2010 apocalypse story, a Bermuda Triangle-set creature feature or a Roswell, N.M.-set alien movie.

But the venture raises the question: What if fans create a lousy movie?

"When you have a lot of people working on something, good ideas will come out of it," Vitale said. "We will have something that will be entertaining."

Except the Food Network...they stay the same and other channels are copying them for some reason. The Travel Channel is basically a Food Network clone, and one of the other channels...I forget which one...is changing their name to The Cooking Channel and overhauling their programing completely. Does food really draw ratings that big??

The History Channel has basically turned into the Nostradamus network...every freaking show they have is about the end times or some lost Bible text...which is a far cry from a few years ago when every show they had featured Hitler.

Sci-Fi is such a broad category (and gets so diverse with fandom at conventions) that it makes no sense to change. Lost is sci fi...superheroes...no one would think twice about a Lord Of The Rings type show on Syfy...or horror. I think you might have some issues if it stretched all the way to like, The Lone Ranger or Zorro...but most other types of fun concepts have a sci fi angle to them.
Don't get me started on those other channels! Let's stick to why Syfy sux! :argh:
Their movies suck and have the both the worst writing and acting ever, while I love Destination Truth as far as tv shows go, they just don't get it. That about sums it up.

fans always say they can do better.....here's their chance to prove it

There are still things I watch on the channel. I look forward to Stargate stuff and Merlin right now....soon Sanctuary will be back on....

<---I am one

Oh....whoops. :O

There are still things I watch on the channel. I look forward to Stargate stuff and Merlin right now....soon Sanctuary will be back on....

Yeah I do watch Stargate Universe, despite being bitter than SGA and SG1 were cancelled. I also watch Caprica, Sanctuary, and sometimes their mini-series and stuff. But once Sci-Fi Channel became SyFy, I was no longer a fan.

Eureka is back next month as well

I haven't watched the show since season one, but I plan on watching that and trying out W13 this time around.

I understand the reason for the change, I don't agree with it but tv is a business

I tried Warehouse 13, but the chick that plays Mika grates on me

I'm catching up on Eureka right now...I missed most of 3rd season, my cable is slowly rerunning them on the ON DEMAND program. I liked most of WAREHOUSE 13....but I agree with BL, there's something off about Mika.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"