why hal jordan is the best choise for green lantern film

pifpaf

Civilian
Reaction score
i think hal will be a better choice
it was a better choice than kyle, not kyle is no good, but hal is better

more experience ,more effricient he have made is proof over the years like every guardians of the univers say: I knew Hal Jordan, I fought at his side. The Guardians never had a more noble or fearless officer.

Hal Jordan rose to become the greatest of the Green Lanterns faithfully surviving his masters the Guardians. Initially a cocky but natural Green Lantern, he soon found his place in the forefront of the Corps and as a founding member of the JLA. However over the years his career as GL slowly destroyed his personal life and his relationship with Carol Ferris, this forced Hal to mature and to begin questioning his position in the universe.

kyle is good no doubt but is like luke skywalker is good because is have no one to compare with because they are all dead if is was before he have been a good officer but not prodigy like hal was...

Kyle Rayner, he tends to use the ring in a limited fashion producing complex forms to complete simple tasks. He lacks the tuition of a true member of the Green Lantern Corps and perhaps because of this he is pushing the abilities of the ring to new lengths and into new areas. hal keep it simple form with efficency and will power

The Green Lantern Power Ring has rightly been called the most powerful weapon in the universe, yet it is far more than a simple weapon. Created by the now defunct Guardians of the Universe it was powered by their unique mental energies channelled via a large central power battery located on the planet Oa.

The Ring has the ability to shape a form of emerald energy to form physical constructs such as force bubbles, giant sized fists, body armour, etc. These forms are limited via the imagination and the will power of the user. The ring can also provide life support to the wear in hostile environments and any other persons the wielder chooses. The rings can propel the Lantern through space at many time the speed of light and have been observed opening up space warps in the past.

Another function of the ring to function as a database, language translator and communications device for the Green Lantern Corps. While primarily a scientific device the rings abilities are truly limited only by the mind of the wielder they have in the past been observed to produce effects that boarder on the verge of magic, these cases are normally dismissed by most observers. However now the last remaining ring is in the hands of Kyle Rayner, he tends to use the ring in a limited fashion producing complex forms to complete simple tasks. He lacks the tuition of a true member of the Green Lantern corp.

All the original power rings wielded by the GLC had to be charged from miniature power batteries once every 24 hours, the Guardians also placed an impurity into the energy supply so that the rings energies would not effect anything yellow. The reason for this was to stop the Lanterns becoming all powerful. The sole existing ring belongs to Kyle Rayner and does not possess the yellow impurity also his battery is formed from a fragment if the original main battery and is the rings sole power source. Recently it was revealed that the last surviving Guardian is able to create more rings (he offered one to Hal Jordan who turned him down realising that you can never turn back) so perhaps the Green Lantern Corps is not gone forever

for the actor;

if is big budget film it will be: Dennis Quaid, ralph fienne ,liam neeson for a younger version of green lantern : paul walker

if is a b budget movie buce cambell, matt leblanc,or hayden christensen for a younger version of gl

because hal jordan have some 7to 10 years older to other super heros of is generation he is the same age than the green arrow is age is late 30 or beginning 40

i dont hate kyle rayner isjust hal is more efficent.

A younger version of Paul Walker? Sorry, but all you've done is shown your a Hal fan and a Kyle hater. You haven't provided any proof why Kyle would actually be a bad choice. Besides, who cares if he uses complicated contrusts for simple tasks? Thats just shows how cooler he is than the other comic GLs.

beside hal will take a larger audience for the movie than kyle peapole how read gl 70 ,80,90 even 2000and more know ha that why he is the best choise for gl movie.

sorry kyle is there for the last ten years only and nobody know him.
they try with guy gardner and John Stewart some year ago but hall always come back stronger and cooler they go back on the second plan it will be the same thing with kyle

for your information they put kyle with the other gl corps series

hal take the main role again on is title the green lantern

HAL JORDAN is THE MICHEAL JORDAN OF green lantern nuff said

Unless some amalgamation happens, Kyle Rayner's origin doesn't really work cinematically. Until the murder of his girlfriend, he's a relative idiot with the ring creating a bunch of strip art items to use as weapons. For his character arc to work, you'd have to kill Alex midway through the movie.

For a PG-13 big budget film, not good.

Hal Jordan is your traditional movie hero: 1 part Maverick from Top Gun, 1/2 Maximus from Gladiator, 1/2 Elliot Ness from The Untouchables.

I think that Kyle, character wise, has the richer origin, but Hal is the safer choice. Considering that GL doesn't have the fame or fanbase of the Big Three, (Supes, Bats, and WW) the studio will either take the safe choice and put out a decent picture, or the riskier choice with a screenwriter and director who's not up to the challenge. (They won't spend money on risk AND quality without a secure assurance of money returned).

For a GL movie that doesn't suck, Hal Jordan is the best bet.

Alex Childress said:
Unless some amalgamation happens, Kyle Rayner's origin doesn't really work cinematically. Until the murder of his girlfriend, he's a relative idiot with the ring creating a bunch of strip art items to use as weapons. For his character arc to work, you'd have to kill Alex midway through the movie.

For a PG-13 big budget film, not good.

Hal Jordan is your traditional movie hero: 1 part Maverick from Top Gun, 1/2 Maximus from Gladiator, 1/2 Elliot Ness from The Untouchables.

I think that Kyle, character wise, has the richer origin, but Hal is the safer choice. Considering that GL doesn't have the fame or fanbase of the Big Three, (Supes, Bats, and WW) the studio will either take the safe choice and put out a decent picture, or the riskier choice with a screenwriter and director who's not up to the challenge. (They won't spend money on risk AND quality without a secure assurance of money returned).

For a GL movie that doesn't suck, Hal Jordan is the best bet.

100% absolutly right

First, let me say I'm all for Hal. (qualifier: I'm not an avid GL reader, just casually interested)

Here are my cast ideas.

If they were to make the movie now, I'd say cast Nathan Fillion
NathanFillian_150x208.jpg

If they had made it 20 years ago, Harrison Ford all the way. Or, if they wanna do an older Hal. He'd be great.
harrisonfordbladerunner.jpg

I'd rather not see a young Hal, but if this movie doesn't get made for 5-6 years or so... Ben Mckenzie.
bmkpublic17.jpg

I love Hal. Hes a great lantern, but i think a GL movie would be more interesting if Kyle were the GL.

Pif, you compared Kyle to Luke, and said Luke was interesting. Because you saw him develop. I think Kyle developed a lot more than Hal did. I dont think Hal should be forgotten. I had always thought it there should be a trilogy

1. Kyle gets power and fights Sinestro. Trained by Jon and Guy.
2. Parallax enters. Greatest Gl turned bad. Kyle plus GL Corps fight Parallax.
3. An adaptation(which would need to be changed for the screen. The spectre would have to be written out) of Green Lantern: Rebirth.

I think this is the best way. Very epic and keeps the light on Hal while creating a interesting movie serial.

cerealkiller182 said:
I love Hal. Hes a great lantern, but i think a GL movie would be more interesting if Kyle were the GL.

Pif, you compared Kyle to Luke, and said Luke was interesting. Because you saw him develop. I think Kyle developed a lot more than Hal did. I dont think Hal should be forgotten. I had always thought it there should be a trilogy

1. Kyle gets power and fights Sinestro. Trained by Jon and Guy.
2. Parallax enters. Greatest Gl turned bad. Kyle plus GL Corps fight Parallax.
3. An adaptation(which would need to be changed for the screen. The spectre would have to be written out) of Green Lantern: Rebirth.

I think this is the best way. Very epic and keeps the light on Hal while creating a interesting movie serial.

good i like your objectivity you are a very convincing man . i bye your idea and every body find is place on the movie:)

pifpaf said:
good i like your objectivity you are a very convincing man . i bye your idea and every body find is place on the movie:)

I'm glad you like it. I truly think this is the best way to go about it. Theres lots of kinks to work out of it. i left it pretty vague.

Casting is going to be another big issue:
Kyle and Hal would be the hardest. You would need someone great for Hal.

I think Seann William Scott would be a pretty good Kyle based on his work as a nieve trainee in Bulletproof Monk, but Im sure theres someone better.

Jon and Guy can be filled with any character actor looking for attention.

Seann William Scott is probably a bad idea. Unless Jack Black is going to be Hal. Then the whole movie is a bad idea.

I understand that as a matter of personal preference some people would like to see Kyle as the star of a GL film, but does anyone seriously think there's a chance of that? DC just jumped through a lot of hoops to get Hal back as GL, and sales on the book have soared as a result. Logical deduction should lead you to think that if a GL film is made (a serious film, rather than the hideous notion of a comedy GL) it'll feature Hal - you can bet on it. He's the most famous incarnation of GL, and the storyline of a young test pilot recruited into an intergalactic police force has the straightforward action momentum that studios look for (anything with the Kyle/Parallax storyline would be far too convoluted in the eyes of a studio exec).

I really hope they invest seriously in this film. I want this film to be 2 things:
1)good
2)make money
That way it'll start a franchise. then we can get into Parallax later.

GL's Light said:
I understand that as a matter of personal preference some people would like to see Kyle as the star of a GL film, but does anyone seriously think there's a chance of that? DC just jumped through a lot of hoops to get Hal back as GL, and sales on the book have soared as a result. Logical deduction should lead you to think that if a GL film is made (a serious film, rather than the hideous notion of a comedy GL) it'll feature Hal - you can bet on it. He's the most famous incarnation of GL, and the storyline of a young test pilot recruited into an intergalactic police force has the straightforward action momentum that studios look for (anything with the Kyle/Parallax storyline would be far too convoluted in the eyes of a studio exec).

This is a pretty good point. When i had pasted my idea for the trilogy, it was to create an epic sci-fi series that has not been able to be repeated since Star Wars. I always thought the more interesting concept of the idea of the Green Lantern was not one hero (like Hal, Kyle, or who have you) but the Corps and thats what I was trying to incorporate.

cerealkiller182 said:
This is a pretty good point. When i had pasted my idea for the trilogy, it was to create an epic sci-fi series that has not been able to be repeated since Star Wars. I always thought the more interesting concept of the idea of the Green Lantern was not one hero (like Hal, Kyle, or who have you) but the Corps and thats what I was trying to incorporate.
I agree that the GL Corps is what makes GL special, differentiating the concept from other superhero stories. I certainly hope that the GLC is a big part of any prospective film. I would hope that a GL film would be a space epic rather than a typical earthbound superhero movie - but I'm not sure if WB would sign off on that. But whether they made a space film or an earthbound film, I'm sure that they would use Hal as the hero. Unfortunately I don't think we'll be getting a GL film of any sort any time soon.

cerealkiller182 said:

good lord! man! how you find your good idea, in a magic box!:)

for your record the actor you need for hal jordan. you need a end thirty or begin forty to play hal is one of older major super heros

brad pitt now forty can play the part . no no no to good looking guy

pifpaf said:
for your record the actor you need for hal jordan. you need a end thirty or begin forty to play hal is one of older major super heros

brad pitt now forty can play the part . no no no to good looking guy
...no, he isn't. Hal got his powers in his early 30s. Which is just a few years older than how old Batman and Superman were when they began fighting crime.

Whether Hal is portrayed as 25, 30, or 35 really makes no difference to the substance of the story. If they make a GL film it's quite possible they'll cast a twentysomething actor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"