Why wasn't Grant Gustin chosen to be in Justic League?

@Osiris-Rex.

Thanks but I'm good. I very much doubt I would see what you see or agree with your view on her based on your other convos.
It sounds like you enjoy cheesiness (and theres nothing wrong with that) but it seems like you can't admit that it is in fact cheesy or just don't care to.
I don't really enjoy cheese myself but I do like The Flash and watch it actively. Its a cool show but still pretty cheesy.

"Cheesy" is just a buzzword people use that means they don't like the tone. Usually for shows with a more lighthearted tone that don't take themselves too seriously. Has nothing to do with the quality
of the production or the acting ability of the performers. Batman 1966 was "cheesy" but for the era had very high production values and very talented actors. For me movies like Man of Steel and
Batman v Superman are "cheesy" because they try so hard to be taken seriously but end up doing some very silly things.

hahaha! Maybe thats how you think of the word but when I say Cheesy I mean cheap in quality, tacky and forced. Or Things that I find cringe-Worthy.
Flash and Supergirl would be examples of cheese in my eyes but a show like Smallville isn't and that was a show with a lot of heart.

The word I'd use for how you're describing Batman is corny. I realize both can be synonymous but I view them distinctly.

"Cringe-Worthy" is just another word that means someone doesn't like the tone. What some person might find cringe-worthy, others might find charming and adorable.
And I don't expect movie quality effects or acting in a TV show. Smallville was equally cheap, tacky, and forced. It was basically just a teen soap opera. I think Riverdale does it better.

And that's one reason no one ever fathomed casting Tom Welling as Superman. To be honest you just don't seem to grasp the difference between a TV show and a big budget studio film and have a hard time realizing that most TV actors cant transfer to movies and most movie actors can't transfer to TV.

Some can, some can't. Two time Oscar winners Sally Field and Tom Hanks started out in TV. (Gidget, Flying Nun) (Bosom Buddies)

Wow. Didn't take long for kara zor el to get banned.

lol Blows my mind that people still ask questions like this.

Remember the Tom Weling Superman campaign? And of course the Christian Bale coming back as batman nonsense.

Why are fanboys so terrified with change? Can you imagine if the James Bond franchise followed the same mentality? We would STILL have old Sean Connery hobbling around set. haha.

@O-Rex
"Cringe-Worthy" is just another word that means someone doesn't like the tone. What some person might find cringe-worthy, others might find charming and adorable.
And I don't expect movie quality effects or acting in a TV show. Smallville was equally cheap, tacky, and forced. It was basically just a teen soap opera. I think Riverdale does it better."

hahaha! By this logic you can say that about anything. The fact is it doesn't work that way. The act of murder isn't charming or adorable just cuz a few think it might be. You know what I mean? If you enjoy killing its cuz you enjoy the rush/power of murder whether you find it adorable or not.

Same thing. If you like cringe-worthy and cheesy stuff, its not cuz its adorable or charming its cuz you enjoy cheese. Cheese can be both those things doh.

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying it but not being able admit it, thats a problem.
I like Batman & Robin. ITs totally corny and alot of Schwarzenegger's dialog is the stuff that cheese is made out of but it entertains the hell out of me. For me this movie is an exception but I can still acknowledge it for being all the bad things people say it is. It doesn't make me enjoy it any less.
Its not a guilty pleasure for me like some might call it cuz I don't feel guilty for enjoying things I take pleasure from.
That's just a warped concept in my mind. The same way sarcasm is, especially when its written hahaha! I just don't get it.

What makes them distinct is execution. A show like Smallville was both charming and adorable and yes like a teen soap opera but it managed to do it without being cheesy. Granted there were cheesy moments but that tone wasn't carried on thru out the show like it is in Supergirl or Flash. Nothing felt forced on the show or tacky. Everything kind of evolved naturally until the later seasons but still everyone had great chemistry with each other, nothing really felt too outta place, terribly cheap(especially for the time) or awkward. I can't say the same about the Flash or Supergirl but I enjoy the Flash mainly for the cool FX and some of the story telling. I think the first season was quite good at that despite being purposely cheesy, it works with the way the show is handled. Legends of Tomorrow handled their cheese well too.

I wouldn't know, I don't watch Riverdale but I'm sure I'd probably disagree. I just don't think you really have a sound grasp on certain concepts. Or have a problem with seeing things as they are. Especially with the way you dismiss words as if they shouldn't have merit cuz they're just "other" words. haha! Words have meaning and I say what mean.

Because he has his contract with a network that deals with cheaply made TV shows with fast found actors that are less expensive than others, and his speech pattern sounds like he talks while holding back on hiccups a lot of the time.

Because he isn't a great actor.

It'd also mean that Arrow and the CW shows would be in the same universe as the films. Which creates a lot of issues with characters showing up. You also need to factor in the difference in quality for both universes and it makes it rather clear why they wouldn't connect the two.

hahaha! By this logic you can say that about anything. The fact is it doesn't work that way. The act of murder isn't charming or adorable just cuz a few think it might be. You know what I mean? If you enjoy killing its cuz you enjoy the rush/power of murder whether you find it adorable or not..

Nice reductio ad absurdam argument.

Theres nothing wrong with enjoying it but not being able admit it, thats a problem..
It's only a problem for people with a problem with the show. I have no problem with the show. I think it's great.

I like Batman & Robin. ITs totally corny and alot of Schwarzenegger's dialog is the stuff that cheese is made out of but it entertains the hell out of me. For me this movie is an exception but I can still acknowledge it for being all the bad things people say it is. It doesn't make me enjoy it any less.
Its not a guilty pleasure for me like some might call it cuz I don't feel guilty for enjoying things I take pleasure from. .
So you are comparing Supergirl with Batman & Robin? See there is the problem.

What makes them distinct is execution. A show like Smallville was both charming and adorable and yes like a teen soap opera but it managed to do it without being cheesy. Granted there were cheesy moments but that tone wasn't carried on thru out the show like it is in Supergirl or Flash. Nothing felt forced on the show or tacky. Everything kind of evolved naturally until the later seasons but still everyone had great chemistry with each other, nothing really felt too outta place, terribly cheap(especially for the time) or awkward. I can't say the same about the Flash or Supergirl but I enjoy the Flash mainly for the cool FX and some of the story telling. I think the first season was quite good at that despite being purposely cheesy, it works with the way the show is handled. Legends of Tomorrow handled their cheese well too. .
That's because you are looking at the show with your Smallville blinders on. Smallville had as much of your alleged cheese as Supergirl has, if not more.

I wouldn't know, I don't watch Riverdale but I'm sure I'd probably disagree. I just don't think you really have a sound grasp on certain concepts. Or have a problem with seeing things as they are. Especially with the way you dismiss words as if they shouldn't have merit cuz they're just "other" words. haha! Words have meaning and I say what mean.
Stop acting like I am a child or mentally ******ed. You aren't as smart as you think you are. Maybe it is you who doesn't have the sound grasp or are blinded by your preconceived notions about what a show should be.

Sorry but Smallville did not have the cheese factor that Supergirl has. Not that it never had any cheese cause it did but Smallville was played as more of a drama compared to Supergirl.

Sorry but Smallville did not have the cheese factor that Supergirl has. Not that it never had any cheese cause it did but Smallville was played as more of a drama compared to Supergirl.

Attempted drama doesn't make something not "cheesy" Batman v Superman was incredibly cheesy and cringe worthy. Having humor and a more lighthearted tone doesn't make a show more cheesy.

Attempted drama doesn't make something not "cheesy" Batman v Superman was incredibly cheesy and cringe worthy. Having humor and a more lighthearted tone doesn't make a show more cheesy.

If you watch an episode of Smallville and an episode of Supergirl its night and day. Smallville definitely has a more serious tone than Supergirl. Supergirl ups the cheese factor and quite intentionally.

Smallville has a more serious tone and more grounded performances. Supergirl has a bombastic tone and more over the top performances.

I haven't read The Flash comics much, but as a normal viewer I've always found Grant Gustin very annoying. He doesn't have the charm and when he is trying to be cocky or even confident, it just doesn't work at all. He is mediocre at best. He is one of the main reasons why I have completely stopped watching the show after S2. Grant can't even carry a TV show, let alone a high budget Hollywood film.

@O-Rex

hahaha! its not an argument when you're flat out wrong. I'm just telling you how it is.

And again you're wrong. Being ignorant or in denial of things is not healthy for anyone. There is no harm in enjoying things for what they are doh.

"So you are comparing Supergirl with Batman & Robin? See there is the problem."
hahaha! I should probably leave this alone but I'm so0o0o0o0o curious on how you view this as a problem even though comparing the 2 isn't exactly what I was doing. Would you care to help me understand the problem that you see with that? I'm sure it'll be funny.

"That's because you are looking at the show with your Smallville blinders on. Smallville had as much of your alleged cheese as Supergirl has, if not more."
This is just more proof that you don't have a clear grasp on cheese. hahaha!

"Stop acting like I am a child or mentally ******ed. You aren't as smart as you think you are. Maybe it is you who doesn't have the sound grasp or are blinded by your preconceived notions about what a show should be."

I got a warning the other day from SHH administrator, C.Lee. This was the reason I received:
-------
"Flaming

You're new here, so maybe you don't understand how things work.....being condescending towards others and calling them names is NOT the way to participate. Learn to post civilly or don't post at all."

Now I didn't think I was being condescending with my post that I was warned about but I could see how a sensitive person could take my words as condescending instead of constructive criticism. However, I definitely didn't use any name calling. Anyways I took the warning to heart so if you feel like I'm treating you like a child, I sincerely apologize cuz that wasn't my intention. We're just talking and if what I'm saying is making you feel like that then maybe its best to avoid each other cuz i can't help or control how you feel about yourself but more importantly, I'm a pretty blunt guy and I don't wanna to have tip toe around your delicate sensibilities with my words. What do you think?

Last edited:
Affleck as Batman was definitely quite cheesy but the movie as a whole, really wasn't. Him in that ridiculous costume spitting those cheesy lines the way he did was cheesy awfulness.

98% of this thread understand why Grant would never be cast as Flash in a big budget film. The same will happen if Supergirl or Green Arrow are ever introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"