• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will anything beat Avatar?

Reek

_____
Reaction score
Avatar is damn near 3 billion. will anything beat that?

Domestically, no, maybe in 10 years.

Worldwide. its hard to tell. harry potter? HP7 PT2 look how weird that is. But....Doubt it.

but i think HP7 could break a billion world wide. but damn, other than the Avatar sequels (if they happen for sure), i dont see anything beating Avatar, for a while.

Could HP7 even put up a fight? what will? The Expendables?:awesome:

Batman 3? Sorry, i love BB and TDK, but no. not a ****ing chance.

Domestically Avatar will fall in the next five years. world wide, probably in 10.

Hypothetically, If marketed really well, I reckon the Green Lantern movie could beat it...

whatever Cameron's next feature film is (not counting that Black Eyed Peas "movie").....that will beat Avatar.

Hypothetically, If marketed really well, I reckon the Green Lantern movie could beat it...
i've been a blunt mood lately...so sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but.........that's crazy talk.

green lantern...yea if ticket sales are X10.

Honestly, its like inflation will make a new movie the king, until Cameron makes another movie. the man makes magic with unoriginal stories

whatever Cameron's next feature film is (not counting that Black Eyed Peas "movie").....that will beat Avatar.

i've been a blunt mood lately...so sorry if this rubs you the wrong way, but.........that's crazy talk.

You're crazy talk! :hehe:

Whoever said green lantern is ****ing ******ed

Avatar 2 is the only film that could beat it

Yes, something can beat Avatar. Yes, a Green Lantern movie has the potential to do so. No, it likely won't. Yes, the movie that beats it will be just as overhyped as Avatar was, if not more.

why the hell are people saying green lantern? thats a movie that im like, ok ill see it just bc. i am as pumped for GL as i was for ****ing Iron man 2, and no, Reynolds aint Downey Jr,

Yes, something can beat Avatar. Yes, a Green Lantern movie has the potential to do so. No, it likely won't. Yes, the movie that beats it will be just as overhyped as Avatar was, if not more.
:dry:

seriously if i paid money to see that movie i would have been so mad at myself. my only regret is that it left the door open for biggelow to win best director

Eventually, of course. It's just a matter of when.

I am really surprised that Green Lantern is even a thought, compared to Batman 3, IM3, HP7, many others. And i dont think B3, IM3, HP7 stand a chance. HP7 has the most potential, unless B3 is directed by nolan and james cameron with jesus playing the riddler

HAHA Green Lantern...no. It will be lucky to get half of what Avatar did domestic...and I think that is pushing it.

Anyways, nothing will get close for a long, long time. Deathly Hallows 2 will break 500 million but I don't think it will beat Avatar. The Dark Knight sequel will get close as well. I think the person that said Avatar 2 is probably right. However, the only way Avatar 2 will beat Avatar is if the movie is of course better which I don't think that will be too hard to accomplish.

Last edited:
Green Lantern could be the Star Wars of this generation both literally and figuratively.

But Batman 3, Avengers, Avatar 2 are probably the best bets.

I think people are blowing GL out of proportion
Am I looking forward to it yes. But Star Wars of this generation? I think either HP or Lord of the Rings has that title

why do people think green lantern is going to be so good. ryan reynolds is good as one character...Van Wilder. and has a ****** suit.

sorry, but this might make 300 mil just bc of 3d ticket prices (like 6 thousand a ticket)

Green Lantern could be the Star Wars of this generation. It could beat Avatar too. But the way it's looking, it likely won't. I still think it'll be a good, fairly successful movie however.

I think people are blowing GL out of proportion
Am I looking forward to it yes. But Star Wars of this generation? I think either HP or Lord of the Rings has that title

yeah LOTR has had it for a few years now

Green Lantern could be the Star Wars of this generation. It could beat Avatar too. But the way it's looking, it likely won't. I still think it'll be a good, fairly successful movie however.
so do I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"