Will there ever be a Rom the Spaceknight movie?

ron bond 007

Civilian
Reaction score
I've recently been getting into the Rom the Spaceknight comics from the 80's and it resembles Star Wars,Green Lantern and the Silver Surfer hell even Superman. And with Rom venturing across the cosmos in a robot suit flying through deep space,crossing light years and galaxies through hyperspace,visiting alien worlds and distant galaxies and battling the Dire Wraiths would make an awesome movie if not movie franchise. I hope Marvel will plan to turn Rom into a movie or a movie trilogy in the near future.

:woot::awesome::brucebat::hal::bh::ss::batman:

No there will not be, Marvel does not have the rights to that character.

I'm glad someone brought up Rom as a movie. It would truly be epic! I too have recently been reading the comics and have the entire ROM run. It really stinks that Marvel no longer has the rights to this great character. It would have been great to include ROM in all the new Marvel cosmic books of late.
It seems there has been alot of fans asking about ROM at conventions and such. Maybe this will prompt Marvel to seek out the license again and we could have more ROM!

Yeah, it's too bad about the rights. I think it would have been perfect as a Pixar film.

It would have been nice to see it as a Live Action movie.

If Marvel doesn't own the rights than maybe it could be a movie released by 20th century fox like the upcoming potential Silver Surfer movie. It would be awesome to see a sci-fi space opera movie with travel to distant galaxies,space battles,alien planets and moons and halfmen/halfrobots flying across the starlit blackness of deep space accompied by the awesome legendary 20th century fox logo and cool fanfare. It would be reminiscent of a certain franchise set a long time ago in a galaxy far,far away...

Just because Marvel doesn't own the rights doesn't mean no one can still make a movie of Rom the Spaceknight. Maybe a studio like 20th century fox can make a Rom the Spaceknight movie in the next few years. I mean c'mon it would make an awesome space opera franchise as good as if not better than the original Star Wars trilogy or even Green Lantern.

Also Marvel or Fox should do a movie franchise with the Shi'ar Empire and/or the Starjammers. That would also make an awesome space opera franchise. But you would have to introduce them in an X-Men movie first since they started and were major characters in the X-Men comics. It's a wonder that they haven't been seen yet in an X-Men movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can't even get him back in the comics so I very much doubt it.

Why the heck can't Marvel get those rights ?

Didn't Marvel do a Space Knights series years ago that didn't feature Rom at all.

If Marvel doesn't own the rights than maybe it could be a movie released by 20th century fox like the upcoming potential Silver Surfer movie. It would be awesome to see a sci-fi space opera movie with travel to distant galaxies,space battles,alien planets and moons and halfmen/halfrobots flying across the starlit blackness of deep space accompied by the awesome legendary 20th century fox logo and cool fanfare. It would be reminiscent of a certain franchise set a long time ago in a galaxy far,far away...

Just because Marvel doesn't own the rights doesn't mean no one can still make a movie of Rom the Spaceknight. Maybe a studio like 20th century fox can make a Rom the Spaceknight movie in the next few years. I mean c'mon it would make an awesome space opera franchise as good as if not better than the original Star Wars trilogy or even Green Lantern.

Also Marvel or Fox should do a movie franchise with the Shi'ar Empire and/or the Starjammers. That would also make an awesome space opera franchise. But you would have to introduce them in an X-Men movie first since they started and were major characters in the X-Men comics. It's a wonder that they haven't been seen yet in an X-Men movie.

I think with X-Men they want to focus on stories on Earth focusing on the conflict between humans and mutants, rather then having them go into space.

As for Rom, Marvel has the rights to the main villains of the Rom comic book series, the Dire Wraiths. So Fox couldn't make a Rom movie like the 80s comic without Marvel's involvement and frankly Marvel and Fox don't like each other very much.

I think a Rom movie would be awesome. I had completely forgotten the character, tbh, but I would really enjoy it.

Who does have the rights?

I think a Rom movie would be awesome. I had completely forgotten the character, tbh, but I would really enjoy it.

Who does have the rights?

Parker Brothers has the rights and Parker Brothers is owned by Hasbro, who seems to have ties with Paramount. But the fact is while Hasbro owns the rights to Rom, Marvel has the rights to the other characters in the Space Knight series, like the Dire Wraiths, so it is extremely unlikely a Rom the Space Knight movie similar to the 80s series can ever be made.

Wasn't Rom more or less like He-Man; a toy that they created a comic in order to market?

I would only see a ROM movie if the villain was Jim, the guy with the giant magnet, played by Daniel Day Lewis, of course.

I mean come on.... if we're gonna get Battleship, and Monopoly movies, surely Hollywood has a "ROM: Space Chicken" trilogy in the works.

If not Rom, I'd love to see a live action Moon Knight movie.

How do you go from Rom to Moon Knight?

I'd be happy if Marvel simply bought the rights back and put him in a comic instead of all these nameless false Space Knights we've been getting.

If there is, Marvel won't be making it. Rom the Spaceknight is not a Marvel property. It's a Hasbro property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"