Daredevil Wilson Bethel is Agent Poindexter

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Let’s discuss the man who will become one of Daredevil’s deadliest foes!

He was one of the best parts of the season for me! Menacing, somewhat tragic, and just plain nuts! Wilson did a great job as the character!

Hope we get future seasons so we can see him evolve!

Yeah, he did a great job. Well-acted. Every time he did his rehearsed empathy line, there was just a little bit of it that made you feel that he was off.

Obviously, we didn't see him in a Bullseye outfit. I'm glad he's still around and I hope they won't be afraid to do it. Just use Matt's black outfit and draw a bullseye on it and you're 90% of the way there.

I always am skeptical of revising origins, even thin ones. But this was glorious and perfect.
Any good manip around of what may lay ahead?

Interestingly, I think the 2003 movie was my first experience with the character. I think Colin Farrell was entertaining and I feel like I was expecting something more eccentric (see: jokey?) but I was happy with this alternative. I am excited to see which direction they take him in. Just hope we see a costume in S4.

Interestingly, I think the 2003 movie was my first experience with the character. I think Colin Farrell was entertaining and I feel like I was expecting something more eccentric (see: jokey?) but I was happy with this alternative. I am excited to see which direction they take him in. Just hope we see a costume in S4.

I don't think 2003 movie is great, but they did get that Bullseye has a sadistic sense of humor.

They made this into more of an Anakin Skywalker/Palpatine dynamic where he's like this frightened child with abandonment issues.

I don't think 2003 movie is great, but they did get that Bullseye has a sadistic sense of humor.

They made this into more of an Anakin Skywalker/Palpatine dynamic where he's like this frightened child with abandonment issues.

Totally true but it turned out great IMO.
And you know that sadistic side is upcoming.

Totally true but it turned out great IMO.
And you know that sadistic side is upcoming.
Yep :up:
This is the setup and backstory (done very well IMO), and if the show keeps going somehow I'd love for him to return in season 5 after a break in his full glory.

Hopefully when he returns it will be as a more confident, louder and more theatrical villain. This is the equivalent of building Anakin up in the prequels (although handled much better) and what we get when he comes back will be the equivalent of a developed villain's glory years. :cool:

Eccentric is a good word for what I want on his return. And as he spent his time in a Daredevil outfit this time, I'm definitely expecting him to get a proper Bullseye outfit next time (hopefully to fit with his newfound eccentricity :cwink:).

Yep :up:
This is the setup and backstory (done very well IMO), and if the show keeps going somehow I'd love for him to return in season 5 after a break in his full glory.
Yeah, season 5 would be ideal but at this point, seeing the fate of LC and IF, I wouldn't take chances, I want THE EVERYTHINGS in season 4. :D

Yeah, season 5 would be ideal but at this point, seeing the fate of LC and IF, I wouldn't take chances, I want THE EVERYTHINGS in season 4. :D
It's a shame that there is any uncertainty over the future of a show that has done everything in 3 seasons to show that it deserves (much) more, but I am quite confident that between Netflix and Disney there will be sufficient brains there for it to continue in some way even if one party has to be paid off, or it just gets shown on both streaming platforms rather than being exclusive to one.

I'd just like to take this time to say thank you to Jason Statham for turning down the Bullseye role.
Bethel was phenomenal.

Last edited:
:funny:

Was he really up for it?

No, Kevin Feige said that Statham was considered for a role ( Feige said it so needless to say it was a movie role), but I don’t know why it snowballed into “Statham dropped out of DD”.

Statham has never done TV and based on his style (action big budgets) and bankability I don’t think DD can afford him anyway.

No, Kevin Feige said that Statham was considered for a role ( Feige said it so needless to say it was a movie role), but I don’t know why it snowballed into “Statham dropped out of DD”.

Statham has never done TV and based on his style (action big budgets) and bankability I don’t think DD can afford him anyway.
Haha, thanks.

:funny:

Was he really up for it?
I doubt it. Don't think he was even close, but I couldn't help but make fun of that silly rumor. He would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm glad Netflix are sticking to talented unknown actors.

That's the thing. We don't know that at all. Who knows if we will even get another season.
Ok, you really are pessimistic about it, I get it, but we all know it is not a given, just seemingly the direction Oleson masterly built.

Ok, you really are pessimistic about it, I get it, but we all know it is not a given, just seemingly the direction Oleson masterly built.

I need to see it done first. I recall all the stuff Iron Fist was supposedly building to but we never saw.

I need to see it done first. I recall all the stuff Iron Fist was supposedly building to but we never saw.
That's fair but DD is too worth a brand to just be simply cancelled, I'm reasonably sure the story will continue as intended, either on Netflix or somewhere else.
Tops in the next 6 months I think we will know, whether Netflix starts shooting season 4 or Disney announces it is moving it elsewhere.
We'll see.

That's fair but DD is too worth a brand to just be simply cancelled, I'm reasonably sure the story will continue as intended, either on Netflix or somewhere else.
Tops in the next 6 months I think we will know, whether Netflix starts shooting season 4 or Disney announces it is moving it elsewhere.
We'll see.

Do we know that Disney could move the Netflix shows around even? What if Netflix controls the versions that are on their service? Granted, I don't know how the Netflix/Marvel deal works, but just for example we know the Universal deal keeps Marvel from making new Hulk films.

Do we know that Disney could move the Netflix shows around even? What if Netflix controls the versions that are on their service? Granted, I don't know how the Netflix/Marvel deal works, but just for example we know the Universal deal keeps Marvel from making new Hulk films.
Some reputable articles about the cancellation of LC mentioned that Disney fully owns the series, Netflix just has a contract for the streaming rights of what they co-produced.
We don't know when the contract runs out but new seasons without Netflix's involvement could theoretically be freely put wherever Disney wishes apparently.
Obviously, I am not in the know, going on upon what I read.

Some reputable articles about the cancellation of LC mentioned that Disney fully owns the series, Netflix just has a contract for the streaming rights of what they co-produced.
We don't know when the contract runs out but new seasons without Netflix's involvement could theoretically be freely put wherever Disney wishes apparently.
Obviously, I am not in the know, going on upon what I read.

Trades also reported there are no plans to revive Luke Cage elsewhere as well though. And we don't know what kind of viewerships or ratings these shows get anyway.

I always am skeptical of revising origins, even thin ones. But this was glorious and perfect.
Any good manip around of what may lay ahead?

I found this one of Jason Statham:

james-holland-bullseye-00.jpg

Does this version of Bullseye show us Hawkeyes potential in the MCU? From what I understand the Ultimate version of Hawkeye is every bit as good a marks men as Bullseye. I believe he used his fingernails to take out armed guards at one point.

I've always thought that the MCU version of Hawkeye lacked imagination. If he survives Avengers 4 I hope the Netflix Bullseye inspires them to be more creative with his skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"