Civil War Winter is Coming - The Bucky Barnes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Assuming a return of the Winter Soldier, since his storyline isn't finished, here's a thread to discuss everything about James Buchanan Barnes and his part in Cap 3
ws111.jpg

I really hope they don't use Bucky Cap ( even with the intention of bring Steve back ).

This is because I think the true worthy successor to Steve Rogers? Is Sam Wilson. :)

Oh, didn't know we have a Bucky thread already for this. I just posted in TWS thread on how it appears that Sebastian is growing out his hair again. Might be too early for Cap 3, I would think :cwink:

I wonder what mental state Bucky will be in at the beginning of Cap 3.

As for BuckyCap, I'm indifferent right now because I really like him as TWS.:word:

Really looking forward to seeing more of Bucky/WS.

I think it's waaaaay too early to use the BuckyCap story, I don't see it happening in Cap 3...

I doubt MS will be so stupid and go with BuckyCap n the next few years

Oh, didn't know we have a Bucky thread already for this. I just posted in TWS thread on how it appears that Sebastian is growing out his hair again. Might be too early for Cap 3, I would think :cwink:

I wonder what mental state Bucky will be in at the beginning of Cap 3.

As for BuckyCap, I'm indifferent right now because I really like him as TWS.:word:
I'd like to see him in kind of a mentally tortured state, trying to come to terms with who he is/what he's done while trying to figure out/remember more about who he *used* to be and then having to reconcile the the two.

While at the same time I hope we also see him with an intense desire/focus kick some Hydra ass with any Hydra goons that cross his path (whether he seeks them out, or they're trying to apprehend him).

And yay... new forum and a new Bucky/WS thread :woot: :hrt: :woot:

Weird how Bucky gets a thread before Captain America himself. :funny:

I really liked Bucky in TWS, I hope we get more of him in Cap3.

I'm really excited for Cap 3! can't wait to see what happens with Bucky!

Sebastian Stan did such a wonderful job in The Winter Soldier, I can't wait to see what he brings to Cap 3.

Winter Soldier is one of my favorite recent comic characters and his own running title he's had has been a #1 on my pull list. I'm looking forward to seeing him cap 3. And I almost wish we were getting a spin off Winter Soldier tv show on netflix rather then Agent Carter.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it I guess he could be on Agent Carter.. but I'd like to see him as unbrainwashed bucky too.. damn there are too many possibilities

Winter Soldier is one of my favorite recent comic characters and his own running title he's had has been a #1 on my pull list. I'm looking forward to seeing him cap 3. And I almost wish we were getting a spin off Winter Soldier tv show on netflix rather then Agent Carter.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it I guess he could be on Agent Carter.. but I'd like to see him as unbrainwashed bucky too.. damn there are too many possibilities

I'd love to see him get his own post-Cap 3 TV spingoff.

-It would be interesting to see him roaming the world, trying to find a new place in life. Meanwhile Baron Zemo discovers that Pierce's legendary assasion is now on his own and wants to recruit him to the Masters of Evil.

The Winter Soldier was awesome in Cap 2. I can't wait to see him in Cap 3.

Russo brothers teased Stan at one press interview about being Cap and Natasha's love interst. Too early for next movie maybe but her acceptance of him in comic verse is what 'saves' him.

I love Bucky.

In case anyone was wondering what Bucky's Smithsonian exhibit said (and yes, there are year mistakes... I'm pretty sure the 1917 birth year at the bottom is supposed to be the correct one, and really his death year should read 1945 and not 1944 - someone goofed on the props)

A Fallen Comrade
James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes

When Bucky Barnes first met Steve Rogers on the playgrounds of Brooklyn, little did he know that he was forging a bond that would take him to the battlefields of Europe and beyond.

Born in 1916, Barnes grew up the oldest child of four. An excellent athlete who also excelled in the classroom, Barnes enlisted in the Army shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. After winter training at Camp McCoy Wisconsin, Barnes and the rest of the 107th shipped out to the Italian front. Captured by Hydra troops later that fall, Barnes endured long periods of isolation, depravation and torture. But his will was strong. In an ironic twist of fate, his prison camp was liberated by none other than his childhood friend, Steve Rogers, now Captain America.

Reunited, Barnes and Rogers led Captain America's newly formed unit, The Howling Commandos. Barnes' marksmanship was invaluable as Rogers and his team destroyed Hydra bases and disrupted Nazi troop movements throughout the European Theater.

Bucky Barnes
1917-1944

Sebastian learning "The Dance" of combat (feature on TWS Blu-Ray)

Last edited:
Bucky Cap can happen but not for a fair while yet.

Originally I thought it'd loosely adapt the Lukin storyline, with him being behind the Registration Act and Cap/Bucky team up to take him and it down

I hope they either officially cast Stan in the sequel soon, or else let us know Bucky won't be in it. End the suspense one way or the other...

Especially since the Russo's have already said that TWS was merely "part 1" of Bucky's story. Personally, I'd like to see him having to come to terms with who he is and what he's done while at the same time going on a mission of revenge against HYDRA.

Winter Soldier stuntman/fight coordinator, James Young, posted this on twitter recently:
@Jady0ung:
Much thanks to @Marvel for forever being awesome. Much love to Seb who is incredible. It’s going to be a crazy ride! http://t.co/Lo5xhVs7GA
And this as well: "So proud of the character and how big he's become. More fun coming!" I'm taking that as a sign that Bucky will get plenty of interesting things to do in this movie. :yay:

They would be mad not to include Bucky in captain America 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"