Wireless Network Gone!

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and our network is gone. No trace of it. Can anyone help or do I need to call Time Warner?

They came out and gave us a new modem I believe few days ago. Set up new wifi name...now this happens. PC, iPhone, and Laptop can't find our network. :(

if you can log into the Time Warner router then go in and check the wireless settings. If you don't have that info call Tim Warner and they should be able to remote into it.

if you can log into the Time Warner router then go in and check the wireless settings. If you don't have that info call Tim Warner and they should be able to remote into it.

Thanks. A guy came out & fixed it now a week later it is happening again! >_< I dunno what my bro did...maybe bad equipment from Time Warner? Second time it's gone, both times it has happened between that Midnight-7am. Wireless gone round 1:20am Sunday. >_< I didn't do nothing. Funny thing is our wireless name popped up on my iPhone, and I hit cancel, and that was it. ???

Is the router even showing a connection, power, ect? I would power cycle that thing for a couple of minutes and see what happens.

I would go into the Device Manager, uninstall the wireless card, reboot your computer and it will find and install drivers upon reboot. If that doesn't do it, without actually talking to you to troubleshoot, I'm afraid there is only so much we can do on here.

Since he's having the issue on all of his devices, deleting the wireless card drivers won't help.

Could the problem be that big malware virus I read about online last few days?

Since he's having the issue on all of his devices, deleting the wireless card drivers won't help.
Ahh, you are right. I didn't see the part about the other devices not seeing the network either. Maybe the setting to broadcast the network got turned off somehow? If there are other people in the household, it's possible that someone might have accidentally got "click" happy and and eventually got to the router settings and turned it off? I dunno. Either way, Time Warner should be able to get him squared away, and if it's still a problem today, that's a testament as to how crappy their tech support is. If I were the OP, I wouldn't fool with it. I would just take it in and demand that it be swapped. The new router should come with software to install a new network.

I think you should go to the Time Warner office, tell them what is happening and you don't want it anymore. Tell them you found a better company and etc. Then they will either try to keep you or let you go. The result will be good for both ways.

Last edited:
Sorry for not keeping you guys up-to-date. They came out a second time while I was at school and guy set up a new network and new password and it works fine now, outside of being slow at times...notice if bro is on PSN/Online gaming it is slow. So yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"