• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Wonder Woman Box Office Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's doing that though? The more reputable outlets are projecting $65m. It's not unreasonable to go along with that, especially now that we know that the review embargo doesn't lift until two days before release - which is a very bad sign.

Who's doing that though? The more reputable outlets are projecting $65m. It's not unreasonable to go along with that, especially now that we know that the review embargo doesn't lift until two days before release - which is a very bad sign.
Using the tracking is fine. But one, the tracking will go up as we get closer to release. Two, plenty of predictions and projections are over 65m.

tracking and projecting are different.

The same site that reported tracking for 65M says it will be 75M this week, which would be like in 2 days.

and the "placeholder" embargo is on 31/5, one day before release, so ya, it's a very very very very bad sign :o

You guys are putting way too much by the placeholder embargo date.
WB is very conservative when it comes to embargo dates, and regardless of how confident they are in the film they are probably terrified of how the reviews are going to look based on their current track record with the DCEU. Besides it was reported that they may lift the embargo early, which means they probably want to feel out the critics after a couple more screenings. Everyone relax. I would be shocked if this movie didn't open with at least 125 million.

Like i said a million times before, they'll likely do more critic screenings (There's one this week) then decide the official embargo date after they finish all the screenings.

As far as I can tell the "placeholder" talk is an invention of the fans.

On the UK versions of this poster

c-38a4sxkaavykz.jpg

it has either as a tagline or as a quote "the Superhero movie of the year" at the top. If it is a quote (although it doesn't have anyone to whom it's attributed), then is that what reviewers think of this movie? Is it considered a good movie by critics? Or is it simply a bold claim put on top of the poster (which would be a very bold claim). Normally you'd only get an updated poster like that if it had been out already and had been receiving rave reviews.

On the UK versions of this poster

c-38a4sxkaavykz.jpg

it has either as a tagline or as a quote "the Superhero movie of the year" at the top. If it is a quote (although it doesn't have anyone to whom it's attributed), then is that what reviewers think of this movie? Is it considered a good movie by critics? Or is it simply a bold claim put on top of the poster (which would be a very bold claim). Normally you'd only get an updated poster like that if it had been out already and had been receiving rave reviews.
The quote is from an actual reviewer from the Daily Star, Andy Lea. He already said on Twitter that that's his review and he loved the movie.

The quote is from an actual reviewer from the Daily Star, Andy Lea. He already said on Twitter that that's his review and he loved the movie.

Ok thanks. I hope others love this movie too. Has Andy Lea ever reviewed BvS or Suicide Squad and what did he think of them? If he didn't like them but loved WW, then that would suggest that critics could think differently of this movie. But if he liked all of them, then it might sound like he just likes everything DC.

It's good to see these posters already showing up now in train stations.

Ok thanks. I hope others love this movie too. Has Andy Lea ever reviewed BvS or Suicide Squad and what did he think of them? If he didn't like them but loved WW, then that would suggest that critics could think differently of this movie. But if he liked all of them, then it might sound like he just likes everything DC.

It's good to see these posters already showing up now in train stations.

He rated BvS a 2/5 and SS a 3/5, although his SS review isn't very positive, so I don't know why the 3/5 haha.

He rated BvS a 2/5 and SS a 3/5, although his SS review isn't very positive, so I don't know why the 3/5 haha.

What did he rate WW?

I'm expecting this movie to perform, at most, like Captain America the First Avenger. Would be great if critics praised this and word of mouth got round that this was a good movie that everyone should see. I don't know if it has too many other things against it though.

4/5

On quick glance last week his tomatoes are in line with the general consensus about 90% of the time.

That means there is about 10% chance he is wrong, this we should treat it as an absolute certainty.

I just realized if hackers release Pirates leak then that would help WW's box office =P

I just realized if hackers release Pirates leak then that would help WW's box office =P

Why would the hackers do that? They attack the NHS and the Pirates? Odd combination. :huh:

As far as I can tell the "placeholder" talk is an invention of the fans.

No it isnt...just because you want it to be that doesnt make it so ;)

There has been no formal announcement of when the embargo ends.

Between 400 and 600M WW is my guess. I would be surprised otherwise.
So the number floating around the news outlets in terms of prediction for the opening weekend is 65M. I think that's reasonable. I see a lot of people saying it will be massive, 100M plus and it will surprise a lot of people... personally i don't see that happening.

Weekly pre-sales report from boxofficetheory. Wodner Woman 92% up from last week.

5yo9n8k.png

Weekly pre-sales report from boxofficetheory. Wodner Woman 92% up from last week.

5yo9n8k.png

Very bad numbers compared to GOTG2 was 1m at the same time, prediction is under 60m

Very great numbers compared to Doctor Strange was 232k at the same time, prediction is over 90m

Last edited:
Very bad numbers compared to GOTG2 was 1m at the same time, prediction is under 60m

Very great numbers compared to Doctor Strange was 232k at the same time, prediction is over 90m

Guardians is a sequel.

Looks that GOTG2 tickets went on pre-sale 40 days before the release, WW only last friday.
I think no one can predict the box office for this movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"