BvS Superman vs Batman movie to feature Wonder Woman?

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
Full appearance or cameo at the end?

Warner Brothers has considered featuring Wonder Woman in the upcoming Superman vs Batman movie.

President of creative development Greg Silverman has said that the studio is taking the character's movie future "very seriously".

"We have been doing a lot of thinking for years about how to best use all those characters and we love them," Silverman told Variety.

"Wonder Woman is an amazing character. I think it's a great opportunity both for box office success, but also to have an amazingly powerful female superhero.

"We are taking it all very seriously and are trying to do a plan that's respectful to those characters and maximises the stories as best they can. So everything that has been speculated are things that we've thought about."

Warner CEO Kevin Tsujihara has previously said that the company "need to get Wonder Woman on the big screen or TV".

Lynda Carter, who portrayed Wonder Woman on screen between 1975 and 1979, recently called for Warner to appoint a female screenwriter to tackle the character.

Wonder Woman has not made a live action appearance on screen since the cancellation of Carter's show in 1979.

An NBC pilot featuring Adrienne Palicki in the title role was not picked up to series.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ne...ie-to-feature-wonder-woman.html#ixzz2iT3wURpB
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

no. that would mean that they would have to cast her... If anything, they might have easter eggs, but I doubt that they would go through the trouble of casting her character for a simple cameo.

If Snyder and Goyer found a way to include WW/Diana Prince in this film, without relegating her to a cameo, I'm all for it. It's all about characters, what the story is, and balancing each one's screentime.

It is curious that Silverman has all but said that WW will be in it. No development on the second WW pilot, no new casting at this point (aside from Affleck and the returning MOS cast members).

If they're not going to do an actual Trinity movie, which is what I really want, then a cameo could also work to set up future films. Or they could just reference or hint at WW's presence. Maybe she appears at the end as an Ambassador or something like that.

I'll say it for the tenth millonth time, if they want to make a ww film soon, she should be in the film. she shouldn't reveal herself to be wonder woman until the end. if they need give her some action, let her deal with a threat to superman and batman away from them, while they wonder about said threat being neutralized. not exactly like, but similarly to the way black widow was handled in IMII.

don't need to see WW, but I'd love if Clark, Bruce, and Diana all crossed paths at some kind of function/gala/event.

Perry White: "There's a woman here who says she has inside info on some illegal business going on at Lexcorp. She says she'll only talk to you, Clark."
Clark: "It could be a great story, or it could just be one of Luthor's many enemies. Either way should be interesting."
Perry: "I don't know who she is, but I can tell you she's not an ordinary person."
Clark: "What do you mean by that?"
Perry: "She's just different. I've met a million people, but none like her. When she walked in the office, I didn't know whether to bow, run or just sit there hypnotized. You'll see. Elaina, go to Meeting Room B and tell Diana Prince that Clark Kent will be up to talk with her."
That's it. Don't show her or involve her otherwise in this movie. Set Diana up as an agent who's investigating Luthor. She wants some information to get out to make Lex squirm a little, maybe even make a mistake. That's all Clark and Bruce will know about her, until she decides she needs to do more.

no. that would mean that they would have to cast her... If anything, they might have easter eggs, but I doubt that they would go through the trouble of casting her character for a simple cameo.

This.

It'd be ridiculous for them to cast the new Wonder Woman for what would most likely be a one scene cameo, and then be contractually obligated to use that same actress for years down the line.

If anything, we'll see a reference to Wonder Woman's existence by the end of the film. That'd be cool and fitting, since Bats and Supes will eventually be forming a team of heroes. It'd make sense for Batman to have files about most of the non-humans or meta-humans in that exist around the world, or are rumored to exist -- WW, Aquaman, etc.

I'm firmly in the camp of hoping and wanting to have a reference of her in the film. I wouldn't have a problem if she shows up too.

In World's Finest? No. I'm glad WB is seriously considering the character but she should first appear in her oun movie. Batman vs Superman belongs to those characters. I would love to see a Trinity movie, but i doubt WB will do that.

In World's Finest? No. I'm glad WB is seriously considering the character but she should first appear in her oun movie. Batman vs Superman belongs to those characters. I would love to see a Trinity movie, but i doubt WB will do that.

If WB/DC were smart, after giving a little easter egg about her in Batman/Superman, they'd schedule a Wonder Woman solo film for 2016...and then have Batman and Superman make appearances at the end of THAT film asking her to join them. It would be beyond epic.

That way, we'd have seen both the World's Finest (Bats and Supes) AND the Trinity (Bats, Supes, WW) on the big screen together before the Justice League makes its way to theaters.

I'm not sure about putting post-credit scenes in DC's films, i actually like them making each film its oun story without having ending with a "to be continued" or serving as a teaser to the next film. Out of all the Justice League members right now she's the one who deserves a movie the most, and not revert to a tv show again, she needs to hit the big screen.

I'd prefer cameo at this stage like how Batman was hinted in MOS.

Right now, Superman's world needs to be fleshed out more. The relationship between Lois and Clark needs to be fleshed out, perhaps put the two on a journalism assignment set by Perry? As well as this, the only person I feel Zach Snyder and WB should be looking to cast at the moment is Lex Luthor.

Perry White: "There's a woman here who says she has inside info on some illegal business going on at Lexcorp. She says she'll only talk to you, Clark."
Clark: "It could be a great story, or it could just be one of Luthor's many enemies. Either way should be interesting."
Perry: "I don't know who she is, but I can tell you she's not an ordinary person."
Clark: "What do you mean by that?"
Perry: "She's just different. I've met a million people, but none like her. When she walked in the office, I didn't know whether to bow, run or just sit there hypnotized. You'll see. Elaina, go to Meeting Room B and tell Diana Prince that Clark Kent will be up to talk with her."
That's it. Don't show her or involve her otherwise in this movie. Set Diana up as an agent who's investigating Luthor. She wants some information to get out to make Lex squirm a little, maybe even make a mistake. That's all Clark and Bruce will know about her, until she decides she needs to do more.
Like it

I'd prefer cameo at this stage like how Batman was hinted in MOS.

Right now, Superman's world needs to be fleshed out more. The relationship between Lois and Clark needs to be fleshed out, perhaps put the two on a journalism assignment set by Perry? As well as this, the only person I feel Zach Snyder and WB should be looking to cast at the moment is Lex Luthor.
You could have a scene at the DP where there's a newspaper with an article about an Amazonian diplomatic delegation traveling to DC. Or it could be a news segment playing on a TV in the background. Fans will catch it.

You could have a scene at the DP where there's a newspaper with an article about an Amazonian diplomatic delegation traveling to DC. Or it could be a news segment playing on a TV in the background. Fans will catch it.

Yup this sounds good to me. Just a small nod

or maybe we have Bruce on his Bat computer, while investigating Clark/Superman, going through files on "meta humans" and we see the name Diana Prince.

Would she already have taken the last name "Prince?"

If WB/DC were smart, after giving a little easter egg about her in Batman/Superman, they'd schedule a Wonder Woman solo film for 2016...and then have Batman and Superman make appearances at the end of THAT film asking her to join them. It would be beyond epic.

That way, we'd have seen both the World's Finest (Bats and Supes) AND the Trinity (Bats, Supes, WW) on the big screen together before the Justice League makes its way to theaters.

Yep. Then JL, then the solo Batflick. Or the solo Batflick, then JL. :D

Aw heck! Batman's been covered like a mummy. NO SOLO BATFLICKS!!! :funny:

This.

It'd be ridiculous for them to cast the new Wonder Woman for what would most likely be a one scene cameo, and then be contractually obligated to use that same actress for years down the line.

If anything, we'll see a reference to Wonder Woman's existence by the end of the film. That'd be cool and fitting, since Bats and Supes will eventually be forming a team of heroes. It'd make sense for Batman to have files about most of the non-humans or meta-humans in that exist around the world, or are rumored to exist -- WW, Aquaman, etc.

What would be the problem with that? If they plan on having a Wonder Woman movie, they are going to need to contract somebody to play the part. All they need to do is have plans for either a solo WW movie, a JL movie or a Trinity movie, and then they can cast her in this movie.

It's actually better if they do it that way, box office wise.

They should have the director or whoever's in charge for WW focus on the casting for her, and then shoot WW while Superman/Batman is being filmed. They can have her sent over when the crew is busy filming scenes without her in them.

I could see them putting WW if Goyer pulls another Ras/Ducard /Talia/Miranda/ John Blake/Robin style hidden in plain sight twist. It was rumored that the love interest was Wonder Woman a while back. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.

I could see them putting WW if Goyer pulls another Ras/Ducard /Talia/Miranda/ John Blake/Robin style hidden in plain sight twist. It was rumored that the love interest was Wonder Woman a while back. Anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's at this point.

We could get that kind of twist with Swanwick as Martian Manhunter

We could get that kind of twist with Swanwick as Martian Manhunter

That could be something. But what if MM had a bigger issue to deal with than the Zod invasion behind the scenes? That would explain why he couldn't help with the invasion, while also setting up a bigger DCU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"