BvS 1941-2016: 75 Years of Wonder Woman

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
As DC has unveiled their plans to celebrate Batman's 75 years of his remarkable legacy (with Superman's 75th year celebrated in 2013), I wanted to start a discussion on what we hope to see for the 75th Anniversary of WONDER WOMAN in 2016!!

-December 1941 marked the first comic book appearance of Wonder Woman in the issue of All Star Comics #8 (then appearing on the cover of Sensation Comics #1 in January 1942).

-75 years later on May 6, 2016 we will see Wonder Woman in her first feature film incarnation played by Gal Gadot in the Man of Steel sequel.

How do you think DC Comics and Warner Brothers Entertainment will mark this iconic milestone?

Looking at the plans they have for Batman, I would assume there will be a similar approach for Wonder Woman. Here are the areas you can share your thoughts and ideas:

LOGO ideas
?Share your creative manip ideas here

DC Comics
?All-Star Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman day
?Comic retailers offering fans a free special edition Wonder Woman comic book

Interactive Gaming
?Injustice: Gods Among Us 2
?A game produced by Rocksteady Studios

Home Video
?The original series starring Lynda Carter released on blu-ray

Animation
?Will the in-continuity Justice League animated movie feature a story line about the Amazon Princess

Television
?An 'Arrow' appearance (if the show is part of the cinematic universe)
?Commercials

Feature Film
?Gal Gadot...nuff said!!!

Consumer Products
?From collectible toys to t-shirts

Wonder Woman is the first lady of comics and the most recognizable superheroine on the planet!!
75_years_of_Wonder_Woman_logo.jpg

Last edited:
I'd guess...
Oversized anniversary issue
Earth One
Her appearance in BVS.

I can't believe it took 75 years for Wonder Woman to appear in a movie.

And Aquaman is no where to be found ;)

Seriously, what is with WB?

"I can't take a risk on these properties because of films we made that were bad with hired guns instead of strong independent minds."

"But what about Nolan?"

"We made a mistake. A good one. Let's hope we make the same one for Justice League."

"Nah, let's not make that kind of mistake. Liebsman for Justice League."

And Aquaman is no where to be found ;)

Seriously, what is with WB?

Well it is very possible that DC and WB will celebrate Aquaman's 75 years as well in 2016 (he premiered in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941). In 2015 we have both the first appearances of Green Lantern (All-American Comics #16 in July 1940) and Flash (Flash Comics #1 in January 1940) marking their 75 years...go DC!!

Last edited:
I don't expect much. A new comic book written by a good writer would be great.

WB where my my green arrow 75th anniversary..More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941..:csad::csad:

You guys complaining about your Green Arrow's and Flash's and Green Lantern's what about the first kid sidekick's 75th?

Next year: HOLY LONGEVITY: 75 YEARS OF THE BOY WONDER.

Maybe will get an animated short similar to superman

Wonder Woman (2009
Lynda carter series
failed nbc pilot
dcau
The Brady Kids
the lego movie

DC Comics
Well I mean maybe Scott Snyder could do something. He's doing Eternal for Batman and did Unchained for Superman.

Animation
Probably a Justice League centered Wonder Woman film like how Flashpoint was centered around Flash

That's all I got. Wonder why they are doing for Dick Grayson's 75th which is next year. It's also Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, and Two-Face's 75th next year.

Well it is very possible that DC and WB will celebrate Aquaman's 75 years as well in 2016 (he premiered in More Fun Comics #73 in November 1941). In 2015 we have both the first appearances of Green Lantern (All-American Comics #16 in July 1940) and Flash (Flash Comics #1 in January 1940) marking their 75 years...go DC!!

It really seems like a missed opportunity for BVS to not be a Justice League film.

Then during production they could release images of Batman/Green Lantern/Flash on their anniversarry and the film comes out for Aquaman and Wonder Woman's.

I can't believe it took 75 years for Wonder Woman to appear in a movie.

You seem to overlook the fact that WW was set to appear in George Miller's Justice League Mortal, before the entire project was scrapped as Nolan and Singer both were not in favor of a shared universe, they wanted solo movies for Batman and Superman.

After that WB had hired none other than Joss Whedon who was set to write and direct a WW movie years ago..he took two years and produced a script that did not go well with WB execs and DC.

Then they hired David E. Kelley for a WW TV series, but his pilot episode was not good, so the network did not order it.

Last edited:
Hopefully a solo WW is secretly in development for release later in 2016 (December?) It would make so much sense if WB was filming a bunch of their DC movies at the same time. A man can hope at least.

I would really hope that WB/DC would have plans for a solo WONDER WOMAN animated program. I think all the DCU Trinity would be due a new solo show by 2016, especially Superman and Wonder Woman.

I'd like to see all of your list OP. But this is WB/DC we are more likely to see another Cat Woman movie. I find it incredible that Cat woman has had much more exposure on the silver screen.

In terms of Wonder Woman's celebration in 2016, I hope to see DC/WB capitalizing on her mass universal appeal:

LOGO DESIGN:
image.jpg

TELEVISION ANIMATION:
How about a series based on the style and look of the Golden Age of Wonder Woman.
image.jpg

EXHIBITS:
Museum exhibit and tour focusing on the growing importance of superheroes in modern times.
image.jpg

A wax figure in their 'Heroes: Icons and Legends' section.
image.jpg

(Image is from my own personal WW collection)

COLLECTIBLES:
Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys producing statues/figures with Gal Gadot's likeness and the 'new' look of Wonder Woman
Man of Steel 2: Wonder Woman 1:6 scale figure
image.jpg

Man of Steel 2: Wonder Woman 21" premiere format statue
image.jpg

FASHION:
Inspiring collections by designers celebrating fashion and fearlessness. Wonder Woman is polished, refined, bad ass and a role model to top designers such as DVF (Diane von Furstenberg), Balenciaga and Tom Ford would turn to her in 2016 for the right look for their Fall collection.
image.jpg

image.jpg

COSMETICS
MAC Cosmetics releasing a 2nd line of make-up to accent female empowerment.
image.jpg

JEWELRY
A jewelry line for the modern superheroine!
image.jpg

Last edited:
Where's this from? This would also be a good design for a live action Wonder Woman.
That's in my living room from my personal collection...I designed a mannequin that represents the best qualities of Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
If some kind of miracle happens and there is a Wonder Woman cartoon, you either do this story or don't do at all!:

wonder_woman_cartoon_show__about_clouds_and_throne_by_tremary-d6epasz.jpg

wonder_woman_cartoon_show__about_blood_and_power_by_tremary-d5v6a23.jpg

wonder_woman_cartoon_show__about_war_and_conflict_by_tremary-d5t42ph.jpg

ww_cartoon_show__about_work_and_beauty_by_tremary-d5sdo3y.jpg

And of course, give her a proper costume.

Nice, I'd like to see that animated series.

And Zeus looks like a mix of Aquaman and Hawkman. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"